Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

US - All Cities

Pros
  • Work-Life Balance is exception and not just a term that is thrown around (in 197 reviews)

• You can bring your pets to work (in 94 reviews)

Cons

1. "An absolutely amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Flexible schedule
    - Culture
    - Great salary (in terms of my line of work)
    - Wonderful camaraderie among colleagues
    - Lots of travel opportunities
    - Pets at work
    - Sense of belonging

Cons

- New, fresh ideas sometimes not being heard or accepted
    - Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep up the good work!

2. "Every person is part of a team who wants to do their best."

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are smiling, happy, always willing to help lend a hand or share knowledge to help you do your job better. The health benefits are top tier, the work is challenging, yet energizing. The Co-Workers always want to help you achieve your very best. When you first come into the company, they assign someone to you to teach you the culture, the industry, the business and what you need to know to be successful. Every so often, my boss will send me to a class to learn new skills and put them to immediate use! I have grown so much working for this company it is unbelievable how much I've grown as a result!.

Cons

We have an awesome corporate culture, a great work-life balance that I simply cannot find in other companies. It is hard to find an incentive to leave here. Every other company pales in comparison to Nestle Purina.
    It would be nice if we could bring our dogs to work at every company location.

Advice to Management

Keep daring us to do better for the company. We will meet the challenge!

3. "Best Company I have every worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Nestle Purina is unmatched. The people are so passionate about pets and the people that love them. It's hard to understand if you are outside the organization. I enjoy the people I work with- the fact that they are here to do what's best for the business, the project, the initiative. It's not a "what's in it for me" culture, but rather "How can we make this better for the business." That's refreshing. I have worked in organizations that were populated by title chasers that were only concerned for themselves. This is not that place.

Cons

Promotions and new roles can be slow. We have a tenured workforce, but I believe this has more positives than negatives. Also, compensation can sometimes lag. But with so many positives and other benefits, it's easy to forget. I could go elsewhere and make more money, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Remain approachable and down to earth.

5. "Lots of great opportunties, challenges, career growth and global exposure"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NPPC has a GREAT culture and work life balance. We enjoy the benefits of a large company with lots of resources and technology while still feeling independant and family oriented. There are lots of growth opportunities as the large retirement eligible population starts leaving- great for Gen-Xers to take leadership positions.

Cons

Sometimes being owned by a large international company can be difficult as they try to align us with Nestle globally. However, this can be seen as an opportunity as well- its easiest to embrace it and gain global experience while taking a few global trips to work on projects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Good experience so far!"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly coworkers
    A lot of career and personal development opportunities
    Exposure to people and business practices from many different countries

Cons

A lot of process and policy but expected in a large organization
    Takes some time to get used to the acronyms and terminology but again expected in a large organization

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

Great people with a lot of passion about what we do

Cons

A lot of positions require travel

8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Purina has a wonderful, friendly, team-oriented culture. Great benefits -- including the ability to bring pets to work and an allowance toward a pet adoption. Management is very approachable; keeps employees informed.Turnover is low because people truly enjoy working here and are recognized and rewarded for achievements. On-site Company store and fitness center. Nice office space on a park-like campus (and we even have a dog park!) Flexible work hours.

Cons

Programs and projects driven by the parent company (Nestle) often take more time than seems necessary and can bog down the ability to do the work important to Purina.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance for employees, large focus on employee improvement, many opportunities for advancement, amazing culture, bring your pets to work and great management style overall.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working here!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Purina is a great place to work and a large part of that is due to the great guidance and openness of management.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life that allows you to meet your on personal needs, good benefit package including a pension, fair compensation and bonus program and focused on employee safety.

Cons

Need to be patient for promotions and open to lateral moves that will help you in the big picture.

Advice to Management

Continue to share company information through the top down approach.

11. "Great place, great people!"

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are fantastic. High-performing, bright individuals at the top if their field advance your learning and keep you on top of your game. Fantastic training opportunities and advancement for those who are flexible. Supportive culture and good work-life balance.

Cons

People love it so nobody leaves, which can make upward mobility slow as many people have been around for 20+ years. Politics of that can be tricky since everyone knows everyone and have been "friends" for years.

Advice to Management

Advance on merit and knowledge and not necessarily time with company. We have knowledge leaders in certain areas that are not advanced or acknowledged appropriately due to tenure of others and political concerns. Also, so many department heads are given complete autonomy which results in cultural inequities for their group. Work-life programs and work-from-home options should be standardized to all departments.