Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. Featured Review

"No place like Purina!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely love coming to work for NPPC everyday. The culture is second to none and over the years my work team has become like family. My immediate management and department leadership are both supportive and engaged in development and employee satisfaction, and it has led to opportunities for project work and growth. At this point, I can't imagine working somewhere else.

There are lots of perks for associates - fitness center, daycare, flex time and remote work capabilities, tons of events and volunteer opportunities, medical department, company store and discount programs, corporate library, mentor programs, a huge catalog of personal and professional development resources, and of course - pets at work! We can take advantage of tuition reimbursement, pet adoption reimbursement, discounts on Nestle and Purina products, a new 6 month maternity leave, adoption reimbursement, and so much more.

The company puts a lot of emphasis on innovation and continuous improvement, not only in our products and sales, but also in programming and employee satisfaction. The company is dedicated to being a good corporate citizen, and does a ton of work giving back to the community. This is a company you can be really proud to work for, that stands behind its products and values, and empowers its employees to do great work. It's not at all surprising that we have so many people who have dedicated 20, 30, 40, and more years of their lives here.

Cons

This is a big company that can be a little flat, and it has its share of corporate bureaucracy. Upward mobility can take time and patience. It's really easy to get siloed in our individual work areas/projects, so the ability to work cross-functionally is a huge area of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for more transparency, more diversity (especially in management teams), and more innovation. Be open to non-traditional work structures!

Dec 1, 2016 – Human Resources

WOW - We're so flattered! Thank you for such a raving review. But, we're even more thankful to hear how happy you are. Perhaps we're biased, but we agree that there's no place like ours. And we hope ... More

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Crete, NE
    Current Employee - Utility Worker in Crete, NE

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Good pay, benefits, quarterly bonus, good people to work around. Double pay on Sundays.

Cons

Overall great company it's hot in the summer's no air conditioning. Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover.

3. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and values are amazing!

Cons

I do not have any. I love working for NPPC.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency!

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

We agree! Our culture and values are amazing. We're so fortunate to have the heritage that we do. Great to hear you're so happy - keep up the great work as well.

5. "Large Company with focus on Employees and Pets"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nestle Purina has a fantastic focus on developing employees to be successful in their current position and their future position. There is a routine in place to meet with your manager to document future aspirations as well as sign up for on-site classroom development or project work. I've learned more and had more opportunities to develop myself professionally here than any of the other companies I had worked for previously.

Nestle Purina also has a phenomenal company culture that focuses on families and pets . Pets are allowed on campus at the head offices to spend time with their owners and coworkers. The headquarters lies on a beautiful park with three lakes filled with koi, flowers, trees and grass - there is also a dog park for small and large dogs to get out some energy while spending a day at the office! Also on site is a child development center where employees can drop their kids off - I often see parents eating lunch in the cafeteria with their dog and young children. It's great that Purina enables working parents to stay close to their families while also being able to pursue a successful career.

Lastly, everyone who works for Nestle Purina is very open, friendly and willing to help out a coworker when needed. Office doors are always open and all levels of employees are there to support and help each other to achieve our shared goals.

Cons

Historically, because the company is very large it can be hard to make changes fast to respond to a dynamic market. However, with the focus this year on being more agile throughout all departments, I see significant changes that is turning this around. Our entire company is behind our CEO's commitment to being more agile in all business practices.

Advice to Management

Keep going on this trajectory toward agility that was started this year. I really like what I'm seeing and I'm so excited to be a part of it!

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

You've put such depth into your thoughts - thank you so much for your generous time and kind words. We couldn't agree more. On another note, you're spot on with the challenges we face trying to ... More

6. "Quality Assurance Analyst Review"

Current Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Crete, NE
    Current Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Crete, NE

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Active and fast pace work environment, Friendly employees and management, Great salary and competitive promotion offers/incentives, HR/Management helps build your portfolio to help you advance - very invested in their employees.

Cons

Old machinery, equipment, office supplies(computers), and buildings. Could use updated facilities although that can be very expensive. Difficult to inspire change in this environment. Long hours and shifts.

Advice to Management

Help employees create a better work/life balance. Preferably longer holiday breaks to spend with family - especially in the factory setting we simply don't get more than a couple days and that isn't enough for us to travel out of the Midwest and enjoy a vacation or see family that live at a distance. Many people aren't open to relocation because they know they will not get the time off to come back and visit family.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and thank you! We appreciate your feedback and your service to the company. You've made some really great points here - all of which are being shared with our leadership team(s). Regarding old ... More

7. "Great Company, good culture, development opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Have been with the company for two years, have had development opportunities from the start. Management team is passionate about people, development and results. Each day is filled with new challenges, learning and leadership development. The company benefits and compensation are the best in the area.

Cons

Maintaining a work-life balance is possible, however the desire to see our factory and people succeed gives us the desire to work longer hours.

Advice to Management

Keep leading the factory in the right direction through your strong leadership. Encourage the employees and remember to put your people first. Results will follow.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

What wonderful thoughts - thank you. We can hear the passion in your words and it's very inspiring, so thanks again for sharing. We look forward to the great work and opportunities ahead for us as ... More

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is great. When you wish to work from home on occasion. The question is not why but why not.

Cons

Some areas are very large organizations with lots of associates where high performance levels is sometimes diminished or overlooked. .

Advice to Management

Perhaps breaking these very large areas down into smaller units that can work together faster to be more agile. I have worked in both large and small groups via, Technical Services Roles and found that smaller is definitely faster and, in my opinion better.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

You're spot on with addressing agility. That's the name of today's game - doing everything we can to be more nimble and even smarter in the ever-changing market we operate in. And doing it at our ... More

9. "A truly global company that provides opportunities to grow professionally and take care of your family."

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, economy of scale, strong focus on engagement and long term results, the people systems are driven by both results AND behaviors, so we are driven to get results the right way

Cons

Most companies this size can feel impersonal, however i have felt connected to higher level vision and strategy because they do a good job with setting direction then asking you what you can do locally to execute in ways that move your work group to align...good strategic planning keeps you connected.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and focus on results...the right way!

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for such positive thoughts. That's the goal to continue helping our associates grow just as much as our business and the market are growing. So many great changes are in the works - we ... More

10. "Staying in tune"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Purina is a great place to have the opportunity to grow and participate in projects based on your skills and interest. As long as you have the agility to learn you can put a plan together to engage in projects that support your skills and passion.

Cons

Not all managers are good at coaching employees through the performance development process. They may not push their employees or delegate to give employees the opportunity to thrive which hinders their opportunities.

Advice to Management

Management needs to continue to look at training offered internally on how to adjust and coach.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

More than 10 years with the company - THANK YOU! And great thoughts you've shared. We agree not all managers have the strongest skill set when it comes to coaching, but our development classes and ... More

11. "New to the Family"

Current Employee - Manager of Programming in Gray Summit, MO
    Current Employee - Manager of Programming in Gray Summit, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company's core values resonate with me on a personal level. Purina really takes care of its employees. Balance is key.

Cons

I come from experience in a much smaller organization with a loose structure. Adjusting to the size and corporate structure of Purina will take a little time.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Officially, welcome aboard! So glad to have you as part of our Purina Family. We promise to take great care of you - and we appreciate having you here! Our values are so special and it's great news ... More