Nestlé Purina Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina US Reviews

United States

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to work life balance (in 218 reviews)

• I love that you are allowed to bring your pets to work and that you offer a great day care facility for children (in 102 reviews)

Cons

1. "An absolutely amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Flexible schedule
    - Culture
    - Great salary (in terms of my line of work)
    - Wonderful camaraderie among colleagues
    - Lots of travel opportunities
    - Pets at work
    - Sense of belonging

Cons

- New, fresh ideas sometimes not being heard or accepted
    - Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep up the good work!

2. "Every person is part of a team who wants to do their best."

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are smiling, happy, always willing to help lend a hand or share knowledge to help you do your job better. The health benefits are top tier, the work is challenging, yet energizing. The Co-Workers always want to help you achieve your very best. When you first come into the company, they assign someone to you to teach you the culture, the industry, the business and what you need to know to be successful. Every so often, my boss will send me to a class to learn new skills and put them to immediate use! I have grown so much working for this company it is unbelievable how much I've grown as a result!.

Cons

We have an awesome corporate culture, a great work-life balance that I simply cannot find in other companies. It is hard to find an incentive to leave here. Every other company pales in comparison to Nestle Purina.
    It would be nice if we could bring our dogs to work at every company location.

Advice to Management

Keep daring us to do better for the company. We will meet the challenge!

3. "Best Company I have every worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Nestle Purina is unmatched. The people are so passionate about pets and the people that love them. It's hard to understand if you are outside the organization. I enjoy the people I work with- the fact that they are here to do what's best for the business, the project, the initiative. It's not a "what's in it for me" culture, but rather "How can we make this better for the business." That's refreshing. I have worked in organizations that were populated by title chasers that were only concerned for themselves. This is not that place.

Cons

Promotions and new roles can be slow. We have a tenured workforce, but I believe this has more positives than negatives. Also, compensation can sometimes lag. But with so many positives and other benefits, it's easy to forget. I could go elsewhere and make more money, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Remain approachable and down to earth.

4. "Lots of great opportunties, challenges, career growth and global exposure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NPPC has a GREAT culture and work life balance. We enjoy the benefits of a large company with lots of resources and technology while still feeling independant and family oriented. There are lots of growth opportunities as the large retirement eligible population starts leaving- great for Gen-Xers to take leadership positions.

Cons

Sometimes being owned by a large international company can be difficult as they try to align us with Nestle globally. However, this can be seen as an opportunity as well- its easiest to embrace it and gain global experience while taking a few global trips to work on projects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Good experience so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly coworkers
    A lot of career and personal development opportunities
    Exposure to people and business practices from many different countries

Cons

A lot of process and policy but expected in a large organization
    Takes some time to get used to the acronyms and terminology but again expected in a large organization

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life that allows you to meet your on personal needs, good benefit package including a pension, fair compensation and bonus program and focused on employee safety.

Cons

Need to be patient for promotions and open to lateral moves that will help you in the big picture.

Advice to Management

Continue to share company information through the top down approach.

7. "Great place, great people!"

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are fantastic. High-performing, bright individuals at the top if their field advance your learning and keep you on top of your game. Fantastic training opportunities and advancement for those who are flexible. Supportive culture and good work-life balance.

Cons

People love it so nobody leaves, which can make upward mobility slow as many people have been around for 20+ years. Politics of that can be tricky since everyone knows everyone and have been "friends" for years.

Advice to Management

Advance on merit and knowledge and not necessarily time with company. We have knowledge leaders in certain areas that are not advanced or acknowledged appropriately due to tenure of others and political concerns. Also, so many department heads are given complete autonomy which results in cultural inequities for their group. Work-life programs and work-from-home options should be standardized to all departments.

8. "Nestle Purina is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nestle Purina is a great place to work due to the work/life balance as well as the flex schedules. You can bring your pets to work every day.

Cons

Due to the large number of people who stay with the company, it can be difficult at times to find advancement opportunities.

9. "Great learning experience"

Current Intern - Internal Audit in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Intern - Internal Audit in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Exponential amount of learning, great city with a lot to do, national travel.

Cons

Travel in 3 week intervals.

"Great work/life balance and benefits but promotions slow."

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Out of all my 20 something friends I probably have the best work life balance. The culture here is outstanding. Very upbeat and team oriented. Salary is good but not great. The fact that we get a pension is amazing in this day and age. It's comforting to work at a company that has a history of steady profits still with a lot of room to grow.

Cons

As others have said on here. Because of the great work/life balance and culture a lot of directors and VPs have been in their positions for ever and won't leave until they retire. This causes two major problems. #1 promotions are of the kind.....wait for John Smith to retire. There's very little leaving of the company. And #2 Slow to innovate internal policies and procedures. Purina is also behind on technology. Our office phones were manufactured in the 90s. And people that travel internationally on a constant basis aren't able to obtain a company phone. I understand that makes it seem like I'm just complaining about the phones but it's really a bigger problem. I realize this isn't Google, but it's not some mom and pop operation either.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate internal procedures and policies. If I had a dollar for every time the answer to one of my questions was "Because we've always done it that way" I could retire 5 years earlier. You're doing a great job striving for higher profits and business results, keep striving for that as well with employees. The baby boomer's reign is quickly coming to an end. Time to start thinking like a Generation Y, who will day be leading this company.

Showing 40 of 1,028 reviews