Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina Reviews

Updated June 20, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great place to work life balance (in 208 reviews)

• I love that you are allowed to bring your pets to work and that you offer a great day care facility for children (in 96 reviews)

Cons

1. "A life changing place"

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina (More than a year)

Pros

Its a great place to work. Time at Purina was a turning point in my life. Learn a lot about so many things excluding work. The best part is that you have good work life balance.

Cons

Not that i know of.

Advice to Management

Wonderful . keep it up.

May 15, 2017 – Human Resources

"A Life Changing Place" is powerful language - thank you! How special for us to be part of that for you. We're sad to hear you're no longer with us, but seeing that this was a turning point for you ... More

2. "Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and relocation packages. Clear cut advancement and growth.

Cons

Can be remote locations.

Advice to Management

The Management Development program varies between the 4 different locations that offer it within the same division.

May 15, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Congratulations on working your way through the Management Development Program; we appreciate knowing it’s been a worthwhile opportunity for you thus far. Your feedback ... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The most enjoyable and fulfilling work of my career. Get to try new things. Confident in leadership and peers. Very talented group of associates who are passionate about the cause and the work they do. Good work-life balance. Proud to tell people where I work.

Cons

Annual performance reviews and bonuses utilize a system where a manager has a team cap on bonus money and exceptional ratings that they can award across their team. Really high performing teams are somewhat shortchanged.

Advice to Management

Keep up the forward thinking and creating shared value for our customers and communities.

May 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for this very thoughtful review - and for your 5+ years with Purina! We're so proud to provide such a fulfilling career for you. Keep up the great work. Regarding annual performance ... More

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Crete, NE
    Current Employee - Utility Worker in Crete, NE

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Good pay, benefits, quarterly bonus, good people to work around. Double pay on Sundays.

Cons

Overall great company it's hot in the summer's no air conditioning. Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover.

Apr 26, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your Glassdoor review! We appreciate your thoughts and opinions, but more importantly, your service to the company. To your point on long working hours, we're keeping a close eye on ... More

5. "Corporate America at it's worst"

Former Employee - Warehouse Lead in Crete, NE
    Former Employee - Warehouse Lead in Crete, NE

Pros

Great money, benefits and retirement plan.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance, no room for advancement and extremely negative environment.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the micromanagement.

6. "Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and values are amazing!

Cons

I do not have any. I love working for NPPC.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency!

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

We agree! Our culture and values are amazing. We're so fortunate to have the heritage that we do. Great to hear you're so happy - keep up the great work as well.

7. "Large Company with focus on Employees and Pets"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nestle Purina has a fantastic focus on developing employees to be successful in their current position and their future position. There is a routine in place to meet with your manager to document future aspirations as well as sign up for on-site classroom development or project work. I've learned more and had more opportunities to develop myself professionally here than any of the other companies I had worked for previously.

Nestle Purina also has a phenomenal company culture that focuses on families and pets . Pets are allowed on campus at the head offices to spend time with their owners and coworkers. The headquarters lies on a beautiful park with three lakes filled with koi, flowers, trees and grass - there is also a dog park for small and large dogs to get out some energy while spending a day at the office! Also on site is a child development center where employees can drop their kids off - I often see parents eating lunch in the cafeteria with their dog and young children. It's great that Purina enables working parents to stay close to their families while also being able to pursue a successful career.

Lastly, everyone who works for Nestle Purina is very open, friendly and willing to help out a coworker when needed. Office doors are always open and all levels of employees are there to support and help each other to achieve our shared goals.

Cons

Historically, because the company is very large it can be hard to make changes fast to respond to a dynamic market. However, with the focus this year on being more agile throughout all departments, I see significant changes that is turning this around. Our entire company is behind our CEO's commitment to being more agile in all business practices.

Advice to Management

Keep going on this trajectory toward agility that was started this year. I really like what I'm seeing and I'm so excited to be a part of it!

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

You've put such depth into your thoughts - thank you so much for your generous time and kind words. We couldn't agree more. On another note, you're spot on with the challenges we face trying to ... More

8. "Quality Assurance Analyst Review"

Current Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Crete, NE
    Current Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Crete, NE

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Active and fast pace work environment, Friendly employees and management, Great salary and competitive promotion offers/incentives, HR/Management helps build your portfolio to help you advance - very invested in their employees.

Cons

Old machinery, equipment, office supplies(computers), and buildings. Could use updated facilities although that can be very expensive. Difficult to inspire change in this environment. Long hours and shifts.

Advice to Management

Help employees create a better work/life balance. Preferably longer holiday breaks to spend with family - especially in the factory setting we simply don't get more than a couple days and that isn't enough for us to travel out of the Midwest and enjoy a vacation or see family that live at a distance. Many people aren't open to relocation because they know they will not get the time off to come back and visit family.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello and thank you! We appreciate your feedback and your service to the company. You've made some really great points here - all of which are being shared with our leadership team(s). Regarding old ... More

9. "Great Company, good culture, development opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Have been with the company for two years, have had development opportunities from the start. Management team is passionate about people, development and results. Each day is filled with new challenges, learning and leadership development. The company benefits and compensation are the best in the area.

Cons

Maintaining a work-life balance is possible, however the desire to see our factory and people succeed gives us the desire to work longer hours.

Advice to Management

Keep leading the factory in the right direction through your strong leadership. Encourage the employees and remember to put your people first. Results will follow.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

What wonderful thoughts - thank you. We can hear the passion in your words and it's very inspiring, so thanks again for sharing. We look forward to the great work and opportunities ahead for us as ... More

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is great. When you wish to work from home on occasion. The question is not why but why not.

Cons

Some areas are very large organizations with lots of associates where high performance levels is sometimes diminished or overlooked. .

Advice to Management

Perhaps breaking these very large areas down into smaller units that can work together faster to be more agile. I have worked in both large and small groups via, Technical Services Roles and found that smaller is definitely faster and, in my opinion better.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

You're spot on with addressing agility. That's the name of today's game - doing everything we can to be more nimble and even smarter in the ever-changing market we operate in. And doing it at our ... More