Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina Reviews

Updated May 26, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great place to work life balance (in 208 reviews)

• I love that you are allowed to bring your pets to work and that you offer a great day care facility for children (in 95 reviews)

Cons

1. "I've been with Purina for over 20 years and have loved working there."

Current Employee - Semi Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Semi Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great and there are lots of options to transfer to other teams within Purina. I've gained a variety of business experience along with great pay.

Cons

During some projects, the amount overtime required to meet the aggressive deadlines can be exhausting. I've been fortunate to work on great projects, but that meant lots of overtime.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible on project deadlines when you see your team is putting in an excessive amount of overtime.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

We're sorry to hear about all of the overtime, but we appreciate you holding on. We're putting initiatives in place to make sure work-life balance is evenly distributed across the entire ... More

2. "Pretty good place to work"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Breinigsville, PA
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Breinigsville, PA

Pros

Lots of nice people, company water give aways during holidays, simple work once you get the hang of it. Some days are worse than others

Cons

Management only cares about if their goals are met or not, they sometimes push people to work unsafely because of this

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

It's a bummer you're no longer with the company, but we appreciate you taking the time to speak up. Please know your concerns about management have been shared with the leadership team(s). Safety is ... More

3. "Come for the opportunity, stay for the people."

Current Employee - Supply Chain Management Trainee in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Management Trainee in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nestlé Purina has one of the most welcoming, engaging environments of any large-scale organization of its kind. They invest time and effort to foster a powerful learning environment designed to help you succeed. Each employee working for Nestlé Purina has the opportunity to excel in their career through diligence and tenacity.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons to express regarding Nestlé Purina.

Advice to Management

Keep searching within each department for high performers that possess leadership potential.

"Great place for a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable company with strong options for career growth. Lots of opportunities if willing to relocate. Provides the chance to visit and live in places I never expected to see. Solid company values that make me proud to be a part of the organizarion. Great products that are backed up by scientific research and match company values. Great people throughout organization who really care about what they do.

Cons

The size of the company can lead to lots of paperwork and red tape. Still struggling to say no to good ideas to allow focus on great ideas leading to large workloads or fragmented efforts.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to be more practical with implementation to reduce extra effort. Embrace new technology to look for ways to reduce work loads (especially paperwork) and strongly encourage decision making to happen at lower levels to increase flexibility.

Feb 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Great thoughts - thank you! And we're appreciative of your years of service. All big companies have their aches and pains because of size; we certainly understand how you feel. Some of our more ... More

"Things can be better for all"

Current Employee - Ingredient Specialist in Fairburn, GA
    Current Employee - Ingredient Specialist in Fairburn, GA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like overtime great place to work. .

Cons

Management runs like we ate in the 50's.

7. "Bloomfield, Missouri Factory"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging work that allows you to grow in your career and as an individual. Allows for a balance between work and personal life and the freedom to do so. Great family like atmosphere at all levels of the factory.

Cons

Do not have any cons

8. "Operator"

Current Employee - Operator in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Operator in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good solid company to work for no fear of layoffs. Unlike some other area factories we have a Monday thru Friday work schedule with some weekends included. I feel this may be the biggest benefit because I am able to see family a lot. The pay is great along with health insurance. 401k match is also good. Junior employees will be required to work more overtime depending on demand. That's is one of the first things they will tell you before you are hired. Sometimes doing things you don't wanna do is just part of life. Although i never felt the overtime was to excessive. I feel like I'm treated very well here everyone is willing to work with each other. The management is always will to help you succeed. I'm and very very glad I chose this company to work for! There are just to many good points to this company to list! I would encourage anyone looking for a good solid career to start here!

Cons

No company and no job is perfect but from my view I can't complain about anything. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work here and look forward to a few more decades.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Feb 28, 2017 – Human Resources

First of all, thank you so much for speaking out and taking the time to share a Glassdoor review of the company. We're so happy you're happy. Plain and simple. And we'll continue to do everything we ... More

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company with great benefits.

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder with rules about having to transfer.

10. "Outstanding Place to Build a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The environment is very supportive of work life flexibility. As a mother, it gives me the opportunity to grow an outstanding career while also fulfilling my vision of the kind of mother want to be to my children.

Cons

Being a global company can come with its fair share of change. I suppose you could call this a con but I like to see it as a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your associate base and the challenging us a team to be and do our best. This is one of the reasons I stay here.

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

More than 10 years at Purina is a great accomplishment - thank you for everything you've done for the company over the years. It makes us even happier that you feel you have the support and ... More

11. "Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. They take care of their employees and try to foster a positive work environment. Pay is excellent for the location.

Cons

Managers and engineers are cycled through the plant through a revolving door. There is little time for them to grow and learn from their decisions. It creates an uneasy focus for the hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Need to create a minimum timeframe for managers and engineers before they are allowed to move on in the company.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources

First and foremost, thank you for what you do for the company. We simply couldn't do it all without you on the force. Secondly, great feedback - all of which is being shared with our management team ... More