Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina Reviews

Updated July 14, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great place to work life balance (in 211 reviews)

• I love that you are allowed to bring your pets to work and that you offer a great day care facility for children (in 98 reviews)

1. "New to the Family"

Current Employee - Manager of Programming in Gray Summit, MO
    Current Employee - Manager of Programming in Gray Summit, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company's core values resonate with me on a personal level. Purina really takes care of its employees. Balance is key.

Cons

I come from experience in a much smaller organization with a loose structure. Adjusting to the size and corporate structure of Purina will take a little time.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Officially, welcome aboard! So glad to have you as part of our Purina Family. We promise to take great care of you - and we appreciate having you here! Our values are so special and it's great news... More

2. "Great organization!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Lead in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Lead in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nestle Purina has an amazing culture. I have a huge amount of pride in saying where I work. It's a high performing organization that rewards intellectual curiosity. They identify and develop top talent, and have international opportunities for those who are mobile.

Cons

Because there are so many people who work at Purina for 20+ years, sometimes changes are resisted for the 'way things are done' historically.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in talent and rewarding people for pushing through necessary changes. The organization needs to be bolder to speak to consumers and therefore people need to be rewarded for bold ideas.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Doesn't it feel so good to feel so proud? That's music to our ears - thank you for sharing. Certainly not losing sight of your point on resisting change, especially with the tenure we have here at... More

3. "Great Company, good culture, development opportunities"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Have been with the company for two years, have had development opportunities from the start. Management team is passionate about people, development and results. Each day is filled with new challenges, learning and leadership development. The company benefits and compensation are the best in the area.

Cons

Maintaining a work-life balance is possible, however the desire to see our factory and people succeed gives us the desire to work longer hours.

Advice to Management

Keep leading the factory in the right direction through your strong leadership. Encourage the employees and remember to put your people first. Results will follow.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

What wonderful thoughts - thank you. We can hear the passion in your words and it's very inspiring, so thanks again for sharing. We look forward to the great work and opportunities ahead for us as... More

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is great. When you wish to work from home on occasion. The question is not why but why not.

Cons

Some areas are very large organizations with lots of associates where high performance levels is sometimes diminished or overlooked. .

Advice to Management

Perhaps breaking these very large areas down into smaller units that can work together faster to be more agile. I have worked in both large and small groups via, Technical Services Roles and found that smaller is definitely faster and, in my opinion better.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

You're spot on with addressing agility. That's the name of today's game - doing everything we can to be more nimble and even smarter in the ever-changing market we operate in. And doing it at our... More

5. "A truly global company that provides opportunities to grow professionally and take care of your family."

Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, economy of scale, strong focus on engagement and long term results, the people systems are driven by both results AND behaviors, so we are driven to get results the right way

Cons

Most companies this size can feel impersonal, however i have felt connected to higher level vision and strategy because they do a good job with setting direction then asking you what you can do locally to execute in ways that move your work group to align...good strategic planning keeps you connected.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and focus on results...the right way!

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for such positive thoughts. That's the goal to continue helping our associates grow just as much as our business and the market are growing. So many great changes are in the works - we... More

6. "I've been with Purina for over 20 years and have loved working there."

Current Employee - Semi Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Semi Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great and there are lots of options to transfer to other teams within Purina. I've gained a variety of business experience along with great pay.

Cons

During some projects, the amount overtime required to meet the aggressive deadlines can be exhausting. I've been fortunate to work on great projects, but that meant lots of overtime.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible on project deadlines when you see your team is putting in an excessive amount of overtime.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

We're sorry to hear about all of the overtime, but we appreciate you holding on. We're putting initiatives in place to make sure work-life balance is evenly distributed across the entire... More

7. "An excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Dog Trainer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Dog Trainer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Purina Farms is warm and inviting and a fantastic opportunity to educate the public about responsible pet ownership and about rescue dogs and cats. The small but mighty staff on site is a tight-knit family with a great support system in place to make a large corporation feel like an intimate workplace with plenty of growth potential and opportunities to branch out into other NPPC companies and departments. We are always encouraged to take on new challenges, further our knowledge and education and be creative with our own ideas of projects we could take on to better our community and/or workplace. The possibilities are endless.

Cons

Working for a large corporation has some red tape and approval processes that seem to slow down getting things done. Having a supportive management team in place to listen and follow through with requests is key!

Advice to Management

Be an advocate for your associates.

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

We are so fortunate to have Purina Farms as part of our organization and fortunate to have you on board as well. What you all do further accentuates our passion and mission-centric vision of this... More

8. "Pretty good place to work"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Breinigsville, PA
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Breinigsville, PA

Pros

Lots of nice people, company water give aways during holidays, simple work once you get the hang of it. Some days are worse than others

Cons

Management only cares about if their goals are met or not, they sometimes push people to work unsafely because of this

Apr 12, 2017 – Human Resources

It's a bummer you're no longer with the company, but we appreciate you taking the time to speak up. Please know your concerns about management have been shared with the leadership team(s). Safety is... More

9. "Come for the opportunity, stay for the people."

Current Employee - Supply Chain Management Trainee in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Management Trainee in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nestlé Purina has one of the most welcoming, engaging environments of any large-scale organization of its kind. They invest time and effort to foster a powerful learning environment designed to help you succeed. Each employee working for Nestlé Purina has the opportunity to excel in their career through diligence and tenacity.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons to express regarding Nestlé Purina.

Advice to Management

Keep searching within each department for high performers that possess leadership potential.

"Great place for a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable company with strong options for career growth. Lots of opportunities if willing to relocate. Provides the chance to visit and live in places I never expected to see. Solid company values that make me proud to be a part of the organizarion. Great products that are backed up by scientific research and match company values. Great people throughout organization who really care about what they do.

Cons

The size of the company can lead to lots of paperwork and red tape. Still struggling to say no to good ideas to allow focus on great ideas leading to large workloads or fragmented efforts.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to be more practical with implementation to reduce extra effort. Embrace new technology to look for ways to reduce work loads (especially paperwork) and strongly encourage decision making to happen at lower levels to increase flexibility.

Feb 28, 2017 – Human Resources

Great thoughts - thank you! And we're appreciative of your years of service. All big companies have their aches and pains because of size; we certainly understand how you feel. Some of our more... More