Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina Reviews

Updated June 23, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great place to work life balance (in 209 reviews)

• I love that you are allowed to bring your pets to work and that you offer a great day care facility for children (in 96 reviews)

Cons

1. "Bloomfield, Missouri Factory"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging work that allows you to grow in your career and as an individual. Allows for a balance between work and personal life and the freedom to do so. Great family like atmosphere at all levels of the factory.

Cons

Do not have any cons

2. "Operator"

Current Employee - Operator in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Operator in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good solid company to work for no fear of layoffs. Unlike some other area factories we have a Monday thru Friday work schedule with some weekends included. I feel this may be the biggest benefit because I am able to see family a lot. The pay is great along with health insurance. 401k match is also good. Junior employees will be required to work more overtime depending on demand. That's is one of the first things they will tell you before you are hired. Sometimes doing things you don't wanna do is just part of life. Although i never felt the overtime was to excessive. I feel like I'm treated very well here everyone is willing to work with each other. The management is always will to help you succeed. I'm and very very glad I chose this company to work for! There are just to many good points to this company to list! I would encourage anyone looking for a good solid career to start here!

Cons

No company and no job is perfect but from my view I can't complain about anything. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work here and look forward to a few more decades.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Feb 28, 2017 – Human Resources

First of all, thank you so much for speaking out and taking the time to share a Glassdoor review of the company. We're so happy you're happy. Plain and simple. And we'll continue to do everything we ... More

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineer in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company with great benefits.

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder with rules about having to transfer.

4. "Outstanding Place to Build a Career"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The environment is very supportive of work life flexibility. As a mother, it gives me the opportunity to grow an outstanding career while also fulfilling my vision of the kind of mother want to be to my children.

Cons

Being a global company can come with its fair share of change. I suppose you could call this a con but I like to see it as a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your associate base and the challenging us a team to be and do our best. This is one of the reasons I stay here.

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

More than 10 years at Purina is a great accomplishment - thank you for everything you've done for the company over the years. It makes us even happier that you feel you have the support and ... More

5. "Maintenance Technician"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. They take care of their employees and try to foster a positive work environment. Pay is excellent for the location.

Cons

Managers and engineers are cycled through the plant through a revolving door. There is little time for them to grow and learn from their decisions. It creates an uneasy focus for the hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Need to create a minimum timeframe for managers and engineers before they are allowed to move on in the company.

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources

First and foremost, thank you for what you do for the company. We simply couldn't do it all without you on the force. Secondly, great feedback - all of which is being shared with our management team ... More

6. "Great company to work for."

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great organization that cares about its people. Trying to establish a best in class culture and environment. Very progressive. Great pay and benefits. A strong focus on hiring great talent and developing that talent.

Cons

Needs to be more aggressive at getting rid of poor performers. We are too nice at times regarding holding people accountable.

Advice to Management

Your have the right focus on people. Educate Vevey on the U.S. market. Applaud leaders who make tough decisions.

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Great feedback; thank you for sharing! We appreciate such wonderful words. More importantly, thank you for your service to our company!

"The culture HQ is why I will never leave."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work-Life Balance is exception and not just a term that is thrown around. It is truly a way of life. Also, I am consistently challenged and honestly love the people I work with. They have become like family.

Cons

Be more open to potential 4 day work weeks or 1 day a week allowing folks to work from home. Its awesome that we can work from home when absolutely needed, but allowing it on a regular schedule would really go a long way with employees.

Advice to Management

Try to keep an open mind of the virtual workplace- trusted employees can do their work from anywhere.

Feb 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Positive company culture is critical - we're thrilled to hear you feel so strongly about it. A four-day work week in the office and one day from home, among other arrangement options, are becoming ... More

8. "Not Perfect but very close"

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

The company cares about it's people. They demonstrate this by hiring great people, offering numerous development opportunities, providing work life flexibility, and creating a safe and fun work environment. Pay and benefits are very competitive and Senior Leaders listen to their employees.

Cons

Sometimes we let poor or disgruntled employees hang on too long.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts toward making this a great work environment and due more to eliminate poor attitudes and performers.

Feb 22, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you very much for your comments. We continue to reiterate that our people are our most competitive advantage, so we appreciate knowing that you see how much we care. Thank you for being part of ... More

9. "Great company with tremendous opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunity, work/life balance is amazing, culture is strong and very inclusive

Cons

Would love the ability to consistently work from home at least one day a week

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge us and move towards market trends!

Feb 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a Glassdoor review. This is certainly not the first time we've heard and thought about more opportunities for work flexibility, especially with the pace ... More

"Technical Services"

Former Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Services in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the people that I interact with both within TAG and other departments. My job allows for some flexibility which is nice.

Cons

The longer I work here, I am starting to figure out that both job offers and promotions are based on what leadership determines your future potential to be vs. actual merits that you have achieved on the job. Recent hires and reorganization have been catastrophic to the morale of my department. Half of us are looking for new jobs. Hopefully things change for the employees that remain or the new ones that come on board...

Advice to Management

You cannot maintain the inconsistencies of promotion. It is demoralizing for an employee with significant education and outstanding performance evaluations to continually get passed up for promotions. It is even further demoralizing to have new hires with no experience and less education hired at several levels above current employees based on the fact that they know their hiring manager and used to be good buddies. It is then a further conflict of interest for said hire to report to their friend.

Mar 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts – your feedback is important to us. We appreciate your 5+ years of service with the company, however, I’m sorry to hear your concerns regarding ... More