Nestlé Purina Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé Purina Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The best part is that you have good work life balance (in 206 reviews)

• I love that you are allowed to bring your pets to work and that you offer a great day care facility for children (in 95 reviews)

Cons

1. "Career Opportuntites and growth"

Current Employee - Factory Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Factory Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Nestle Purina has provided the environement for over 20 years of my carrer of endless opportunties for growth and development. Your career progression path and speed is up to you and the leadership team provides the support you need to be successful. If you are willing to work hard and focus on what you can do to make a difference you can excell in this company. This is a place to make a career and not just a job!

Cons

Too many meetings to reach agreeement. Set the expectations and strategy and then empower the teams to execute and inform up.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your teams and hold them accountable for the results of the business. We all have a commitment to the success of this company. Purina will be known by you.

Dec 8, 2016 – Human Resources

Wow, 20 years. Thank you for your service! We've been really lucky to have you all these years and appreciate the expertise and passion you've brought to your work. You've definitely made this a ... More

"Packaging Maintenance"

Current Employee - Packaging Maintenance in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Packaging Maintenance in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company with great retirement,healthcare and 401k benefits with great employees. My job allows me to be a part of some great projects and the ability to impact these projects in a positive manner. Great opportunity to do something different everyday.I have the opportunity to be innovative and creative in my everyday job. My employer appreciates and values my skills and skills of all its employees.

Cons

We could provide more training opportunities and more opportunities to advance within the factory.

Nov 28, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we're very happy to hear about the impact you're making in what you do everyday. Keep doing what you're doing because we simply couldn't run this business ... More

"Nestle provides the best career I could have asked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small Town Values- my coworkers are my family, friends, and neighbors.
    Worldwide Opportunities - transfers to other plants are possible if there is a position open and you are qualified for the position.
    Great Insurance coverages to choose from
    Pension
    Paid vacation
    401k
    Excellent wages, competitive to other comparable factories in the area
    I like all of my coworkers and my manager

Cons

We are in a pretty remote location
    We are growing so fast that we cant keep up with hiring new employees so there is a lot of overtime in some departments

Nov 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback from Bloomfield! More importantly, thank you for your 10+ years of service to the company. We couldn't do it without you all. Some great things you've listed as "pros" - we ... More

5. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I have only been here a short time, Nestle Purina PetCare has been a great place to work. Everyone has been welcoming and helpful which has made it a very enjoyable onboarding experience.

As a company, Purina appears to wants to do what is best for the company as a whole by doing what is best for the employees. They promote a work/life balance and employee development, which appears to keep people engaged, supportive and happy. That is probably why it isn't difficult to find someone who has been with the company for 30, 40 or even 50 years.

Cons

Since there are so many people who have been with the company for many years, growth could be seen as slow. Although it could be seen this way, the opportunity is there to pave your own path.

Nov 29, 2016 – Human Resources

First and foremost, welcome aboard. You’re joining a great bunch of people – I’m very happy to hear you’re off to such a great start. In terms of promotions and movement, our HR analytics team has ... More

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great company to work for, lot's of long time employees with 25+ years or more of service!

Cons

Interview process can be cumbersome for some people that are qualified

7. "Great People - Poor Benefits and Promotions"

Current Employee - Senior Packaging Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Packaging Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People! Talented People! Good for Resume to say you have worked at NPPC.

Cons

Pay, Promotions, Benefits, Ability to Move Up.

Advice to Management

Promote those that deserve it instead of the ones that are popular.

"Great People and benifits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Dodge, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Dodge, IA

Pros

Benefits are awesome. I've basically doubled my insurance and added things like extra life insurance, HSA, Limited FSA, and disability and am still paying $75 less a paycheck compared to my last job. Pay is well. Starting rates for production are $6 higher than the area I come from.

Cons

Too many meetings. Seems like there is a meeting to tell you a there is a meeting.

Nov 16, 2016 – Human Resources

Hello and thank you! We really appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback. It makes us really happy to see you so happy with things like compensation and benefits - all very important ... More

9. "Encourages open communication"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the title of this review states, Nestlé Purina PetCare encourages open to communication between employees. This plays out in several ways both traditional and more modern methods. Annual surveys and regular meetings with managers offers me an outlet to talk about my work and my needs. It is this ongoing conversation that allows for the organization to change and adapt to individual employees in personal ways. In the realm of new methods, the company has several digital outlets including an internal social network and chat that supports ongoing conversations between employees both within Purina and broader Nestlé organization.

Cons

Like all companies there are the challenges of work/life balance and hours. However, I have always been allowed to have a conversation about the challenges and to problem-solve.

Advice to Management

Make talking to employees individually a top priority, by doing so you will know about their person's challenges and strengths. These one-on-one conversations need to happen often (more than annual review time or after the completion of big projects).

Dec 1, 2016 – Human Resources

You're right, ongoing communication and conversation - transparency - is absolutely business critical. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts. Continue to have these conversations and empower ... More

"Committed to Excellence"

Current Employee - Sales Finance in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Finance in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

+ Passion for improving the lives of pets and people who love them is at the center of every thing we do
    + Strong Organizational committment to support local community
    + Tremendous career advancement and cross functional opportunities for those willing to work hard

Cons

- Lots of meetings; and delayed decision making hinder ability to move fast
    - Organizational departments need to collaborate better
    - Ability to deliver innovation to the market is hindered by long capital process

Advice to Management

Purina is a great company to work for, and has given me tremendous opportunity to advance trhoughout my career.

We are at a place / time where we need to align on a few key strategies and execute against them with clear focus, and total commitment. You can help us improve by enablng decision making and making it clear which decisions can be made by whom. We spend too much time and effort fighting internally over turf, when we should be fighting our competitors who are making false claims about their products and our products.

Nov 11, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for the time you've taken to detail your feedback - this is really helpful for us to continue moving forward in a positive direction. Please know that your feedback is being shared with our ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina full-time

Pros

Top notch work/life balance. Great benefits. The work atmosphere on campus is really nice. Senior Management is easy to work with.

Cons

There aren't many cons about working at Purina. Travel on weekends is sometimes necessary to make weekly factory appointments, otherwise no complaints.

Advice to Management

Great work on improving work/life balance. It would be helpful to make projects go quicker with less paper work and red tape.

Nov 11, 2016 – Human Resources

Doesn't it feel good knowing the company really cares about your life outside of work as well? We're glad you are seeing improvement in work-life balance, because it really is so important to us. As ... More