Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

3.6
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and there are lots of options to transfer to other teams within Purina.(in 197 reviews)
  • "The people here are great and the ability to bring your pets is awesome(in 164 reviews)
  • "great culture and industry to work in(in 137 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance if you commit to it (if you are aggressive and a go(in 130 reviews)
  • "Good pay compared to other companies.(in 104 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nestlé Purina U.S. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Purina is my first career and I cannot see myself anywhere else!

Feb 4, 2022 - Production Manager in Clinton, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purina is leading the industry in how they treat their employees. We have parental leave for both parents. This allowed me to spend the much needed time with my children and support my family during this exciting new time. There are numerous promotional opportunities for every level and team member. They are constantly coaching and developing the team for the next level. I can proudly say that we have one of the most diverse leadership teams out there! Lastly, Purina continue to drive sustainable manufacturing. We are a zero waste to landfill facility and are on the path towards 100% recyclable/reusable packaging.

Cons

We expect a lot out of every team member which leads to challenges maintaining a work life balance at times. Work life balance means something different to just about every single person; however, Purina continues to find ways to make improvements year over year as they truly care about everyone in the Purina family.

3 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Human Resources

Thank you for holding our sustainability and strong parental leave policy in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our associates and want to help them develop to their fullest potential. We appreciate you taking the time to share all your thoughts with us.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great pay great place to work

May 18, 2022 - Utility Operator in Dunkirk, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good wages Very good discounts Lots of opportunities

Cons

Work a lot of the days of the year

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Used to feel happy, have lost much of my happiness

Apr 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like my co-workers and my specific job.

Cons

I still do not understand the forced back to work 4 days/week. 3 was great and allowed significant flexibility, especially when I could pick which 3 days - maybe one week it was M-W, another M-T, and Th, etc. Now it's mandatory, and I have already noticed a significant shift in the morale of my teammates. I really like my job and my team, and if people start to leave I will have to move to more than passively looking for a new job.

30 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Employer!

May 18, 2022 - Wet Process Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Benefits -Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion *Feels like a comfortable, tolerant and safe place for Black women *Good equity & representation for women in leadership, technical roles, etc. -Bring your pet to work -Discounted Purina and Nestle products -Beautiful campus with lakes, walking trails, seating areas, and dog parks -So far, everyone in management seems very emotionally intelligent in addition to all technically intelligent -Culture of work/life balance -Meaningful work -Significant company philanthropic and sustainability efforts -Unusually great employee retention

Cons

Salary is lower than oil industry, but when considering Nestle Purina's superior benefits, quality of work life, work/life balance, employee morale, and no big layoffs, the total compensation value is comparable. Compared to the dysfunctions and flaws I noticed at the 5 other companies (4 are Fortune 500) where I've worked, I can't find anything at Nestle Purina significant enough to complain about.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Returning to (What Doesn't) Work

Apr 4, 2022 - Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous benefits. Great teammates. Increased efforts in DEI. Generous salary in some departments.

Cons

Unclear how to get promoted in certain departments. People in some departments do not feel safe voicing opinions. Forced to return to a distracting and unsafe in-person environment 4 days a week. The company is still investing in noisy open-office environments where the only thing "collaborating" are our germs. No one on campus wears masks anymore, including in boardrooms, which is concerning for people with compromised immunity or small unvaccinated children. We are wasting so much time and money on pretending things are back to normal, while our work-life balance and physical/mental health are slipping away.

26 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Order Revenue Management

May 22, 2022 - Order Revenue Management Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training & working in a team environment

Cons

Work life balance & no ability to work from home.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Salary

May 16, 2022 - Logistics Coordinator in Maricopa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is okay. Not for stress you deal with.

Cons

Leadership. Lack of commonsense. Put in employees in tough spot dealing with cancer like environment.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Bleeding Talent

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are genuinely great people.

Cons

The organization is bleeding top talent and struggling to hire new people. People are already overworked and underpaid. It's only going to get worse.

16 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT Company!

Apr 25, 2022 - Talent Acquisition in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really competitive benefits package, great collaborative work environment, and the opportunity to be so hands on with your career.

Cons

No cons - so much opportunity and growth potential is outstanding!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Playing Favorites & Ignoring Great Employees

Apr 13, 2022 - Regulatory in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purina was an amazing company. Benefits were nice too. Colleagues were among my friends.

Cons

If you are not a favorite employee, the leadership team will not recognize any work that you do. Workload imbalances have been present for years. Pay inequity is rampant.

16 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,123 Reviews

Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews FAQs

Nestlé Purina U.S. has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,864 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Nestlé Purina U.S. to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Nestlé Purina U.S. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Nestlé Purina U.S.. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

67% of Nestlé Purina U.S. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nestlé Purina U.S. 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Nestlé Purina U.S. to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Nestlé Purina U.S. Job Seekers