Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews

Updated May 17, 2021

4.3
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance work ownership(in 99 reviews)

• "Long hours, back stabbers, poor leadershkl(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nestlé Purina U.S. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Here to stay!

Mar 2, 2021 - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong business, strong culture, teamwork oriented

Cons

Somewhat set in old ways of working, but getting better in this space

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on 10+ years of dedication to Nestlé Purina! Our "strong culture" is one of the most unique characteristics about us, and we're pleased to hear you find it to be one of our greatest qualities. We wouldn't be who we are today without the dedication of our employees, like you, and we can't thank you enough! As we continue to grow, and obtain feedback from our employees, changes can occur. However, please know that every change we put into place is done so with our employees top of mind. Again, thank you and congratulations on 10+ years!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to work

May 13, 2021 - Line Lead in Bloomfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work isn’t too hard. Good bosses and leadership. Always areas to move up.

Cons

Union plant can have draw backs on getting rid of poor working habits.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Juneteenth is a company holiday!

May 17, 2021 - Senior Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purina’s familial culture makes us feel like family versus competitive colleagues. That fact coupled with the way employees have been treated during the pandemic, makes me smile. Not only were we afforded flexibility, we were also given an allowance to make our remote environment conducive to productivity. In addition, a concerted effort was made to keep the “family” close and mentally healthy during these nutty times. From a DEI perspective, the icing on the cake was the newly added corporate holiday of Juneteenth. It was the right thing to do.

Cons

There is no such thing as an oasis when working for others, but I applaud the efforts.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Bad company to work for

May 15, 2021 - Security Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

After probation you make over $30 an hour

Cons

During you 120 probation you can’t miss a day for any reason. I was rushed to the ER from work (my team lead is the one that called 911). I was taken to the ER due to being very sick and could not breath. The ER doctor did not want my to return to work the next night as I was still not breathing good at all. He wrote me a letter stating that I could not return to work for one shift. When I returned to work I was written up due to missing a day of work during my probation. Then I when to my team lead regarding lack of training and I would up getting my probation moved back another month and I eventually got terminated for clocking out one minute early. This company does pay very very well but you have no life you work 12 on with two days off and mandatory overtime every single day. It’s just too bad they treat their employees the way they treat them because I feel that just because they pay you well they don’t have to treat you good.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CKMK - Dream job came true

Apr 1, 2021 - Associate Creative Director, Copy in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has everything you are looking for and more. When you think about a "dream job," the company, right from the get-go, shows you that that dream is real. It is the entire package: the culture, the people, the leadership, the prestigious company, and being part of a critical business to global business objectives. Honestly, the people are the greatest asset: you will not only get an outstanding work/life balance, but you will be working alongside people that are respectful, kind, team workers. I've been in the company for a year, and I've never felt so proud and happy about the place I work as in Nestle-Purina's Checkmark, their in-house Ad Agency. It's been the best career decision I've made in my 10+ years of experience, and I want to be here forever. It gives you the best growth path, leadership you can count on and is honestly inspiring to be part of such an extraordinary workplace. I wouldn't change a thing!

Cons

No cons. I love this company.

Human Resources

Wow, awesome feedback and always great to hear from our CheckMark team! True, it is often the people who make a great workplace, and we’re hopeful it’s something you find unique at our agency. Your review is a compliment to your teammates. Please keep sharing, and if you wouldn’t mind, please invite your colleagues to do the same!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job I've ever had

Mar 15, 2021 - Account Manager (ECommerce) in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very strong & supportive company culture. - Smart people that will push you to grow professionally and even personally. - Pet industry is fun, growing... and, well, you get to think about dogs & cats all day. - On that note... you can bring your dog (or cat) to work! - Partner with top companies in the world (retail partners such as Amazon, Walmart, Chewy, PetSmart... as well as top tier suppliers, tech providers, etc.) - You can legit make friends at work. - Part of Nestle (parent company), so you get amazing benefits. - Last but not least the handling of the COVID pandemic (work from home, then flexibility to come back to the office for those who wanted) was/continues to be excellent. It has been a source of stability for me & my family and couldn't really ask for anything else from Purina in regards to this.

Cons

Not a lot that I can think of. The pace is fast - sometimes too fast - but honestly that is to be expected in any company that is big (and growing).

Human Resources

Wow, we’re so appreciative of the detailed feedback you provided as well as providing specific examples of how Nestlé Purina benefits have stood out to you and supported you. Know your work is noticed, and we can’t thank you enough for the detail and time you took to provide your feedback.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company for Work/Life Balance

May 5, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company that offers great work/life balance. If you work hard you'll have opportunities to grow your career advancement. Leadership is great at setting you up for success if you can prove you're ready for it.

Cons

As with any large corporation you'll deal with some people who will use you to 'climb the corporate ladder' but once you figure out how to maneuver around those people, it's not an issue

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate you explaining to us what is meaningful to you and we encourage you to keep sharing your ideas with us. We believe in a collaborative culture at Nestle Purina, and have several initiatives in place to encourage, support, and reinforce those behaviors. If this isn’t something you’re experiencing, please reach out to myself or your supervisor to further discuss any concerns you might have. Again, thank you for your feedback.—Mandy, HR Business Partner, Marketing

8. 5.0

Growth, Innovation for 125 Years

May 11, 2021 - Senior Director in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competition is external; investment in people/brands/capability is how we win

Cons

Early stage investment in category changing innovation (much improved over last 3 years)

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Strong culture focused on winning together and a passion for pets.

May 10, 2021 - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong corporate values. Culture of agility & collaboration. Passionate colleagues who are experts in their fields.

Cons

We have an opportunity to attract & retain diversity talent.

10. 5.0

Best place to work

Apr 27, 2021 - Vice President in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work, great culture with lots of opportunities for career progression. Handled the pandemic in a very humane and professional way, as always, put the safety and health of the associates first. And, one of the best perks, we can take our dogs to work with us.

Cons

As most of large companies changes may take a little longer however saw a great improvement on the company agility in the past 3 years.

Human Resources

Really helpful and detailed feedback you’ve shared with us, thank you for taking the time to do so. We look forward to hearing more from you and appreciate you recognizing more agility over your years of service, keep sharing!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 960 Reviews