KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Nestlé
Engaged Employer

Nestlé Purina U.S.

Add a Review

Nestlé Purina U.S. Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 4, 2021

Found 17 of over 2K reviews

4.3
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance work ownership(in 99 reviews)

• "Long hours, back stabbers, poor leadershkl(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nestlé Purina U.S. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

May 18, 2020 - Manufacturing Lead in Fairburn, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits and a great company to work for.

Cons

Long hours. You have to be ready for the long hours you might have to work.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Benefits are a major consideration when making a career decision, so we’re sure to have you and your family covered with additional perks, too. Our manufacturing facilities keep our company running, and we know that time off with family is a part of a healthy work-life balance. We appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to many more years with you here.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Okkk

Jan 4, 2021 - Production Operator in Davenport, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

Long hours, work every day

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience in our Davenport factory. We're pleased to hear you find value in the benefits offered at Purina, as well as feel well-compensated. We will continue to provide competitive hourly wages and salaries based off of data research and an individual’s unique skillsets and background. As you know some overtime is required within our factories, but please know your dedication does not go unnoticed. Again, thank you for your feedback!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible

Oct 4, 2020 - Maintenance Technician in Clinton, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and great people

Cons

Long hours, back stabbers, poor leadershkl

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for your time spent with us at the Clinton Factory. Utilizing market research as well as reviewing an individual’s unique skillsets and background provides our team with the information we need to offer competitive salaries and hourly wages. I am happy to hear that you felt well-compensated during your time spent with us. Now, more than ever, we’re experiencing high demand. We’re working to meet that demand while keeping the work-life balance of our associates in mind. Our hope is with our robust benefits and PTO package, our associates are able to utilize the time off they need to recharge before returning back to work. Again, thank you for your time spent with us and we will take your feedback and review it with the rest of the leadership team. Thank you—Roger, Factory Manager

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome Company - have been an employee with Purina for 25 years. Great benefits, work-life balance, co-workers.

Jul 2, 2014 - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purina has a great environment. "PURINA - Your Pet. . . Our Passion" is not just a phrase, but a way of life for us. Quality and safety is at the forefront so that the products we supply our customers are the best. Fantastic co-workers. Good mix of long-time employees with up new employees. Management tries hard and succeeds often in adding some fun to the work week with various lobby events. Company gym, daycare, cafeteria, company store, dog park, flex hours, lots of community affair activities to get involved with, and park-like grounds at HQ-STL that is picturesque.

Cons

Salaries are respectable, but not high-end however seems to be in-line with related St. Louis companies. Projects sometimes demands long hours, so employee needs to be protective of work-life balance during these times.

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you not only for your feedback, but for your long-term commitment to Purina. You have pointed out some of the many benefits of Purina that we pride ourselves on and it’s great that you feel the same. I would encourage you to view the videos recently published by the Nestlé Purina Leadership Team that address many of your points about salary and work-life balance, and more importantly, provide insight into how we plan on addressing those issues. All of your feedback and that of others is always passed on to our leadership team. Thank you for your ongoing dedication to our company and goals.

5. 5.0

Quality Assurance Analyst Review

Apr 7, 2017 - Food Safety Specialist in Crete, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Active and fast pace work environment, Friendly employees and management, Great salary and competitive promotion offers/incentives, HR/Management helps build your portfolio to help you advance - very invested in their employees.

Cons

Old machinery, equipment, office supplies(computers), and buildings. Could use updated facilities although that can be very expensive. Difficult to inspire change in this environment. Long hours and shifts.

Human Resources

Hello and thank you! We appreciate your feedback and your service to the company. You've made some really great points here - all of which are being shared with our leadership team(s). Regarding old machinery and equipment at our factories, yes this does require significant capital investment and we're making strides in that area with the innovation and renovation of many of our product lines now in progress. Great changes are ahead and we look forward to taking them on in the most agile way possible. Thank you again for your meaningful thoughts and your continual support.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company to Work For!

Apr 5, 2015 - Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of opportunity for growth - Amazing people to work with - Incredible benefits and perks, including dogs allowed anywhere on campus, on-site daycare, gym, post office and dog park

Cons

- Nestle assimilation degrading some of the magic that Purina's culture once was - Long hours can cut into work-life balance - St Louis is getting more dangerous, especially around the campus area

Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that our company provides awesome opportunities and benefits to associates. Integration with Nestle increases these opportunities further by expanding our reach globally both in positions available and awareness for our brands. We are fortunate to retain our unique culture and the values we cherish as well. Please note that the safety and security of all our associates is top priority to us. St. Louis is our home, and we have a lot to be proud of. Our blog talks further about how much our world headquarters city has to offer: https://www.nestlepurinacareers.com/blog/locations/st-louis-a-hidden-gem/ Thanks again for your comments!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An absolutely amazing company to work for!

Nov 11, 2013 - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work/life balance - Flexible schedule - Culture - Great salary (in terms of my line of work) - Wonderful camaraderie among colleagues - Lots of travel opportunities - Pets at work - Sense of belonging

Cons

- New, fresh ideas sometimes not being heard or accepted - Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company in theory, but they do not believe in work/life balance at all.

May 1, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Crete, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large company with lots of advancement opportunity if you are willing to relocate. Benefits are well balanced between cost and quality. Everyone genuinely loves pets and wants to do what's best for them. The quality cannot be beat. I will never feed my pets anything again.

Cons

I work long hours and work every other weekend at least. I am not allotted compensation time. Projects that are given to me are unrealistic to complete in the desired timeframe. Management is held to a completely different set of rules than anyone else.

2 people found this review helpful

Employment Branding Specialist

We really appreciate the feedback – thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. In particular, we take your comments regarding the current work/life balance and management concerns very seriously. Please know that we will be sharing this feedback with leadership at both headquarters and at the Crete factory. We truly appreciate all the hard work you do that helps keep Purina a market leader.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Dec 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

continuous improvement efforts in areas of safety, quality, and service. Good benefits and competitive pay opportunity for advancement with many locations honest concern for consumer and customer

Cons

long hours and at time higher stress relocation usually necessary for promotion

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Apr 15, 2017 - Utility Worker in Crete, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, benefits, quarterly bonus, good people to work around. Double pay on Sundays.

Cons

Overall great company it's hot in the summer's no air conditioning. Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover.

Human Resources

Thank you for your Glassdoor review! We appreciate your thoughts and opinions, but more importantly, your service to the company. To your point on long working hours, we're keeping a close eye on this issue to avoid too many long hours. Although it's not an overnight change, we're doing everything we can to make permanent improvements in the areas of work-life balance across the entire organization. We look forward to great progress. Thank you very much again for sharing your feedback with us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews