KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Nestlé
Engaged Employer

Nestlé Purina U.S.

Add a Review

Nestlé Purina U.S. Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

Found 232 of over 2K reviews

4.3
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 271 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance work ownership(in 99 reviews)

• "Long hours, back stabbers, poor leadershkl(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nestlé Purina U.S. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Spectacular Culture, Company, Coworkers and Top Notch for Veterans

Jan 15, 2021 - Principal Engineer/Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture that values ALL people. Veterans look no further...or at least peak in before passing by. Values you and your input. "Five Talls" - IE: Core Values. " Work Life Balance. Value your wellness. Feels like a small proud company but has the horsepower of the worlds largest food company (NESTLE). Extremely successful. Growth - personal, professional, and corporate. Stability. Best coworkers I've had outside the service. Outstanding benefits. Great benefits for new parents. PETS AT WORK!

Cons

Too many opportunities and benefits to keep track off. Is this a con? Just missed the pension days.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Our commitment to an inclusive culture is and always will be part of who we are. We couldn't have said it better that we "value all people" and strive to create an environment that allows each person to bring their whole selves to work each and every day. Providing meaningful benefits like work-life balance to our employees is imperative to the success of our organization, especially now. We will continue to stay committed to flexible schedules as we know each of our employees has unique needs for themselves and their families. We encourage you to continue leaving feedback like this as it helps us evaluate the benefits and perks we offer to our employees. Again, thank you for your feedback!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great company, but high workload

Jan 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company that is active in the community, excellent parental policy/maternity benefits, flexible schedule, competitive pay. Overall co-workers are very positive and happy to work at Purina.

Cons

Workload and expectations are very high! The culture is very high performing which doesn’t always make it easy to transition into. My first year was incredibly difficult (and I’ve heard the same from other co-workers) as there is a lot to learn and expectations are high. Once you become more familiar with the company it gets more manageable, but there are a lot of challenges up front. Because the company is so big sometimes the need for visibility and approvals across departments can slow down projects. Purina is working on becoming more agile, but it does seem like office politics can delay even smaller business decisions. Although Purina is great with flexibility, working from home is pretty rare (aside from COVID). The culture is very positive so being in the office is considered a perk - however, I believe more working from home options would be appreciated by most to further encourage work/life balance. (Considering commute times, family responsibilities, etc.)

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Being active in the communities in which we live and work is part of our roots, and we’re happy to hear you find value in this. Part of what makes Nestle Purina so unique is our people, and we know that we couldn’t be who we are today without the great people that work with us. At times, workload can feel heavy to meet business needs be difficult but our hope is with high-performing, supportive peers and leadership, you’re able to obtain and use the resources you need to get your job done efficiently and effectively while finding the balance you need. Now, more than ever, it’s important that we operate as a unit to meet our ambitious goals as an organization. That said, we’re committed to providing flexible schedules as we know each employees needs are unique, and we don’t plan to pivot from that approach. Again, thank you for your feedback.

3. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

BEST COMPANY EVER

Jan 12, 2021 - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance, Growth opportunity, culture, people

Cons

contractors arent included in everything; must work 40 hours a week even on a week with a company holiday but only allowed 10 hours a day. If the company is off two days for holiday, you can't work and only log 30 hours.

4. 2.0

Nestle Purina

Aug 30, 2020 - ORM Associate in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Local company, 150 years old, continues to grow and lead in pet food innovation.

Cons

No longer much work/life balance

24 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. These were profoundly disappointing comments to read. Relative to safety and the pandemic, we’ve never been more committed to the safety and work-life balance of our associates, in fact we issued specific guidelines to associates and their leaders that contradict the situation you describe. We do have some roles that are essential and require physical presence to be done, and in those circumstances our procedures are thorough and professional. I’d invite you to call me personally – your Head of HR, and let’s talk it through – I think you would be aware of my communications throughout the pandemic – we’ve been very consistent on this topic, offering flexibility and compassion – as well as allowing those who wish to come back to work a safe way to do so. I want to acknowledge that the experiences you have shared are not those we should endorse nor tolerate. Thank you! – Steve, VP Human Resources

5. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jan 11, 2021 - Inventory Control Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits! Lots of Perks, bring your pet to work or show some love someone else's pet, discount on pet food, company store, Starbucks on site. Positive and happy work environment. Work-Life balance. Everyone is very friendly!

Cons

None that I can think of

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear you've had a positive experience with us thus far. We agree, "bringing your pet to work" is one of our greatest perks and most unique, too! We try to provide valuable amenities to our employees like an on-sit coffee shop, discounts on pet foods, and a full-service cafeteria. We value our employees and having spaces like these offer a time for relaxation and a moment to reflect or gather with peers. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon!

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 11, 2021 - Production Designer in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, outstanding benefits, finding a great work/life balance is encouraged.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We provide valuable benefits to our employees like generous PTO packages, tuition reimbursement and work-life balance options as we know each employees needs are unique. Now, more than ever, it's imperative for our company to continue providing flexible schedules and options to our employees, and we're committed to this. Again thank you for your feedback, and we're pleased to hear of your positive experience with us thus far!

7. 5.0

Best place to work!

Nov 9, 2020 - Senior Brand Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is full of passionate people. I truly have never experienced anything like it. They are also amazing to work for as they place a lot of emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

I've been with the company for 5 years and I have yet to find a single negative thing to say.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Our people are our greatest asset and we’re proud to hear our employees acknowledge their peers. We do our best to provide meaningful benefits to our employees like generous PTO packages and flexible work arrangements to meet their unique work-life balance needs. Both allow the time our employees need to recharge and put their family’s first all while knowing they have the support they need from us while out as well as upon return. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Dec 4, 2020 - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance Flexibility in Schedule Great Benefits

Cons

Moving up the ladder quickly can come with some growing pains

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated! We do our best to provide valuable benefits to our employees and their families, and we're pleased to hear you've found "work-life balance" and "flexibility in schedules" beneficial to you and your family. Now, more than ever it's important for employers to listen to their employees and provide arrangements that first each employee's unique needs. At Nestle Purina, we encourage our employees to view their career as a rock wall vs. a mountain. Gathering as much information as possible about each area of the business including how functions blend and work together. As always, this is a great conversation to have with your manager at any time as career goals are always encouraged! Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

9. 5.0

Absolutely Love It

Oct 9, 2020 - Material Supply Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communicate your wants/desires and you will receive them! Family friendly, great work/life balance

Cons

Salary is not always the best

Human Resources

We’re pleased to hear you find value in our culture, as we feel it is the most unique part about our business and something we value, too. Your feedback is always welcomed and we thank you for providing it! We understand you feel concerned with your compensation, but please know we do our best to utilize a combination of market research as well as review an employee’s individual skills and professional background to provide our employees with the most competitive salary and hourly wedges possible. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon!

10. 5.0

BEST PLACE TO WORK

May 13, 2020 - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The behaviors encouraged by the company, the work-life balance, the caring for the employees, the benefits and of course, the bring your pet to work. Also the company allows for you to explore other functional areas professionally to help you grow and understand more the business which is great and avoids being pigeonholed.

Cons

In some areas the company is still a little conservative and follows a strict hierarchy. Working with the other Nestle entities globally represents a challenge in terms of adapting and collaboration.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Collaboration is key at Nestle, and we understand that at times that may come with obstacles or delays, but we’d challenge you to assume positive intent and propose solutions in these scenarios. We appreciate your advice and feedback – thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 232 Reviews