Nestlé USA Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.1
Nestlé USA CEO, Nestlé USA Steve Presley
Steve Presley
Pros
  • "Good company good benefits a big family(in 139 reviews)

• "Amazing Network/Always changing to improve processes/Work-Life Balance(in 121 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work / life balance can be undervalued at times(in 102 reviews)

• "Not many cons, other than long hours(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nestlé USA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Challenged to Grow

Oct 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have absolutely loved my time working at Nestlé USA. A year into my job, I still feel challenged to learn, grow and make courageous moves. Management is incredibly supportive and I have felt so empowered in both my personal and professional aspirations. I appreciate the intentionality from my leaders to lead by example and instill a sense of ownership – I appreciate being enabled to make decisions and prove myself through my work. I love the fast-paced environment and focus on always pushing the boundaries with innovative content. I not only feel appreciated in the projects I’m working on, but also continually pushed and developed to be my absolute best. Flexibility and work/life balance is excellent.

Cons

A lot of red tape at times, but that’s to be expected at a company of this size. Be prepared to work incredibly hard + move fast. But if you’re like me and enjoy that type of environment, you’ll find it to be a great fit!

2 people found this review helpful

Nestlé USA Response

Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you have felt supported and inspired during your time at Nestlé USA! We're so grateful to have you on the team and appreciate your perspective as we work to continue to create opportunities for growth and personal development!

2. 5.0

Great place, great benefits

Apr 26, 2021 - Associate Packaging Specialist in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits from time off, 401k, on campus

Cons

Minimal- annual goals are often convoluting

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nestle is a great company known worldwide

Feb 28, 2016 - Financial Analyst in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong brand name on resume, great work-life balance, benefits are good. Gym on site and pension available for those hired before this year. Turning it around financially as well. Global powerhouse.

Cons

It can be too big and too political. Hard to get decisions made because of how highly matrix it is. Pay is just okay. They need to reduce the amount of meetings, way too much.

213 people found this review helpful

Nestlé USA Response

Communication Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We’re glad to hear you value work-life balance and have had a good wellness experience with both that balance and benefits. We appreciate that speed of decision making in a large organization like ours can be challenging, and we’re working hard to make improvements in this area as part of our new ways of working. We’ll make sure your points are shared throughout our teams for improvement.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Buyer Beware! (New Hire already thinking of leaving)

May 5, 2021 - Financial Analyst in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits, competitive salary. People are friendly and nice for the most part. Benefits are nice. Transportation reimbursement, etc.

Cons

Complete and total Chaos! It's not even organized Chaos. There's no onboarding at all. I took maybe one virtual class that introduced me to company as a whole, but guidance to actually do my job has been sparse. I've been figuring things out as they come up. Everyone will talk to you and ask you things like you've been working here forever knowing full well you just started. The entire department is disjointed. We all work in the same department, but don't really communicate with each other.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Poor Work Life Balance

Apr 29, 2021 - Finance Manager in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great boost to have "Nestle" on your resume.

Cons

Over-worked (11+ hour days consistently), under-paid, extremely political, slow moving, overly-bureaucratic. Every job I have had with Nestle has been under-paid. They only prioritize Finance Management Trainees and people that can talk their way to the top. After leaving Nestle, I am paid more now, at a lower cost of living city, more valued as an employee, and have a healthy work life balance. I've worked at several Nestle locations (over 6 years worth) in the US and Nestle USA in Arlington is by far the worst.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with lots of opportunity for growth

Apr 12, 2021 - Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment, culture, benefits, products, dog friendly (in some locations), opportunity for growth, opportunity for international career, great brands

Cons

Average to below average compensation, low innovation, organization complexity, operating companies do not collaborate, too many low performers

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 11, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to work for mostly

Cons

Slow to move in some ways

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hire good people and pay them.

May 9, 2021 - Sales Representative in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work independently without supervision.

Cons

Pay the market value or continue to lose good people.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

We were the guinea pigs

May 10, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

snacks and ice cream available

Cons

it was part of an acquisition so we lacked IT support

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 23, 2021 - Communications Manager in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about their employees and there are opportunities for growth

Cons

I can't think of any. It really is a great company. One of the best I've ever worked for

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,553 Reviews