Nestlé USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Nestlé USA Reviews

Updated February 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance can be rough depending on position (in 63 reviews)

• Managers seem to have no work life balance at my plant (in 19 reviews)

1. "Test food technician"

Former Employee - Test Kitchen Tech in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Test Kitchen Tech in Solon, OH

Pros

Nice friendly people, great staff, flexible hours, great work environment

Cons

Not quite enough hours as I was contract only, the usually only hire within

Advice to Management

Great company to work for, alot of oppurtunities

2. "A company that cares about their employees."

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, strong work/life balance supporter, fair pay structure, and excellent advancement opportunities. Nestle believes in their employees and provides a great HR support structure. Nestle believes in "Hire to Retire" and puts forward a strong retention effort.

Cons

Plants and Home Office operations need to be more in sync. Human Resource tools and technology could use some updating. With any progressive company comes growing pains. There will always be communication challenges, between locations. Part of Nestle's focus needs to be on improving upon the inconsistencies between their brands.

3. "Very good company, with good benefits"

Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic I in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic I in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance, 401k for retirement, training available for all employees. Company is a very friendly atmosphere with many perks and benefits for the employees win or earn.

Cons

Safety training is over abundant. Employees are treated as if they don't or won't understand that they are working around dangerous machinery.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like adults not children.

"Route Sales Rep. Pizza Division"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great customers to work with and for, fellow employees great, created lasting friendships over the years, as well as immediate managers.

Cons

Change to often, makes it seem to employees and customers the company doesn't know what they are doing, driven product quality down etc. What was once an outstanding product compared to competition is now just a OK product. Employees took ownership, now its just another job, no fun anymore.

Advice to Management

Think of the employees, they got you to where this company is at, we all became just a #. Product quality is no longer the best, employee moral is terrible. I know it's about the bottom line, but making changes just to change is not the answer. Share ideas and get input from those who are out in the field, there are some very intelligent and experienced individuals you are ignoring.

"Stay far, far away (especially Itasca)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a handful of coworkers who were good. We could all cry in front of one another and complain about how horrible every single day was.

Good PTO and overall salary.

Cons

-Some of the worst management I have ever worked with
    -The simplest things became so difficult and micromanaged
    -Production floor employees completely overworked and not valued
    -Managers have a "know it all" attitude that was impossible to work with
    -Salary employees forced to work long weekdays, bring laptops home to work, and work weekends
    -Extreme lack of any training, but you better somehow know what to do
    -Machinery and equipment old and breaking, but refusal to pay for new equipment
    -Pretty much on-call 24/7 if you are salary

Advice to Management

1 - Get over yourselves.
    2 - Go and thank your employees who put in an unbelievable amount of effort.
    3 - Simplify. It's that easy. Just let the work get done.
    4 - Actually listen to the ideas of your employees and then follow through. They have so much experience with the machines and processes.

"A True Global Company with a lot to learn"

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time

Pros

a truly global company. Depending on the role that you have or the area that you support, you can learn about different areas of the business that always kept the work very interesting. I regularly communicated with people in Switzerland and Brazil. The company is a great place for someone that may have family obligations. In general, there is flexibility with work hours. if you need to come in later or leave earlier to drop off or pick up kids.

Cons

The new CEO at the time, treated every employee like a child, didn't care what anyone else thought and was pretty stubborn about implementing some of things that he thought was important but ultimately didn't help with employee morale. Also the overall culture is a heads-down, do your job, get up and go home type of job. In general, employees there did not care to socialize. It's also a very rigid environment, there is no gray area, everything is black and white. Processes are over-engineered.

Advice to Management

Need to adapt and be flexible

8. "Good company, challenging work."

Current Employee - Globe SAP IT Specialist in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Globe SAP IT Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely broad technical landscape in Globe, probably one of the best. Nestlé owns their own datacenters, which is a rarity these days. There is always something new coming, sometimes too much at the same time. Some of the best experts I've ever worked with. Can be very demanding, but also very rewarding. Good recognition.

Culturally and internationally diverse team.

Relatively good salary and good benefits (cheap health insurance (HSA), fairly good 401(k), vacation days, free gym).

Good work/life balance, actually enforced.

Very good international opportunities.

Cons

Very flat organization, making it very hard to progress your career without completely changing direction. Unless you want to learn a completely different job, be prepared to stay where you are forever.

Too much focus on things that don't matter (NCE will suck the life out of you).

Projects piling up. They will promise a million good things to keep you doing the work, but they'll never be implemented.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises. Carrots only work for so long.

9. "Passion to Lead in the Food Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive position across multiple food categories in North America. Much focus on what consumers want and matching internal operations to meet the desires and needs across demographics.

Cons

Need more rapid response to change within functional operations to meet consumer demands. Need less meetings and more practicale engagement to opportunities and challenges

Advice to Management

Listen to levels below VP's and director levels

"Administrator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits package is still pretty good.

Cons

Change is constant but somehow things only get tweaked a little bit and stay eventually the same. The culture is shying away of taking risks - the need for change is acknowledged but real change never seems to happen. It just feels like a back and forth of the same ol'.

Advice to Management

Dare to risk more. Don't just talk about the need of outside-of-the-box thinking - create a culture where employees feel safe enough to speak their minds to bring up new ideas that could lead to win again in the marketplace.

11. "Great place to intern."

Pros

It was a rewarding and a prosperous learning experience, as I was able to further my degree and educational purposes, and still be able to work.

Cons

Ask what you can do for your fellow man, and not what your fellow man can do for you. As for me, I know not what I do.