Nestlé Waters North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 23, 2017

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tim Brown

Pros
  • Good work life balance with days off and room to move up within the company (in 23 reviews)

• pay and benefits are really good (in 19 reviews)

1. "On the job training"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Pay is not too bad like my schedule when they stick to it.

Cons

No standard training procedures. Make it's difficult to learn your job.

2. "production operator"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Hollis Center, ME
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Hollis Center, ME

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

employees all get along very
     well with each other

Cons

very little respect
    given to realistic ideas and complaints submitted to mgmnt

Advice to Management

listen and act don't just listen

3. "Key Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America (More than a year)

Pros

it is an established company and brand.

Cons

Water falls far down on the list of key decision makers minds. Difficult to differentiate between brand A and B. After all, it is water and the service is good from most competitors.

5. "Water Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative Commercial in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative Commercial in Andover, MA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule since you are outside.
    Every day was different
    Good coworkers
    Good benefits
    Could make some good money
    Got really comfortable with cold calling
    Learned a lot about the area I worked

Cons

High goals for a very saturated market.
    Put a lot of wear on personal vehicle
    Really hard to get excited about water
    Same offer for years so customers already knew what you were offering from the countless reps that came before you
    60-70 cold calls a day (physical drop-ins) with phone calls/emails on top of that
    At times you were encouraged to be kind of dishonest, a say anything to get the sale type of environment.

Advice to Management

None because this role doesn't exist anymore. I guess after years of watching people fail they realized it was a dead role.

"Pay not worth the workload"

Current Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Austin, TX

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free water/other products. Company discount programs with various vendors. Health benefits. Opportunity to obtain CDL using their truck. Co-workers are cool.

Cons

System is designed for you not to get anywhere close to your max raise at the end of the year. Physically demanding and safety rules contradict company policies. Imagine having to deliver 10+ 50gal bottles and 10+ cases of water to 3rd floor apartments given 3 minutes to complete that delivery carrying one at a time if following company rules. Now imagine having to do that 30+ times a day not including your 1st and 2nd floor stops, single family homes and commercial buildings. Time given to get from one stop to the next is not reasonable which then hits your score card which effects your raise. Then you have to deal with stupid drivers that have their faces buried in their cell phones. You're given a salary which sounds good but when you do the math on how many hours you've worked, sometimes your only making $10/hr which in my opinion isn't worth the damage to your body. Oh and Good luck getting in touch with HR.

Advice to Management

Listen to the route delivery drivers that are doing the hard work and all have the same complaints and maybe the turnover wouldn't be so high.

Nov 30, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for reaching out with your feedback. It concerns us to hear that you are so unsatisfied with your current experience as a Nestlé Waters RSR. We encourage you to reach out internally so that ... More

"Transportation Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fogelsville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fogelsville, PA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and vacation time are decent.

Cons

Too many issues that do not get resolved. Poor training. Expectations are not the same for everyone.

Advice to Management

Better training. Same expectations for all unless those who can not perform all functions are paid at a lower grade.

"As a former driver, all I see are shill reviews"

Former Employee - RSR in Elmsford, NY
    Former Employee - RSR in Elmsford, NY

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Get your CDL for free, they hire with a permit. Great start to a driving career, they are well known and after doing your time here you can choose your next employer that will pay more for less work.

Cons

Management condescension, wage theft. Salary should not equal slavery, they sell you a job that doesn't exist, you WILL work more than 9 hours a day and WILL have more than 60 stops, called a salesman but never a chance for commission, sounds like a delivery driver to me, and to the DOL as well. Forced to upsell with zero commision aka motivation except fear for your job and the ever elusive matrices, don't worry, you'll never meet them and even if you do it will take 10 years to hit the top of the scale, which is starting wage in other places. But the experience is invaluable, worth its weight in gold, keep that in mind while doing your time.

Advice to Management

Keep the shilling in check, every other job site contradicts the "reviews" here, it's painfully obvious that there is shilling going on. Indeed it is.
    Keep a closer eye on how some coach and mentor, yelling and demeaning people isn't a motivator and may explain a lot of problems that exist.

Nov 2, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and the time that you spent with us at Nestlé Waters. We are glad to hear that you found your time as a route delivery driver as a vital learning experience. We are ... More

9. "Production Technician"

Current Employee - Production Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Production Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Good Wage, Good perks

Cons

Unorganized,POOR Management, Lack of care for employees,

Oct 3, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for reaching out and providing a review of your experience with us. We encourage you to share any advice you may have for us to improve your current experience. We hope to better show you ... More

10. "Working at Nestle"

Former Employee - Palletizer Operator in Fleetwood, PA
    Former Employee - Palletizer Operator in Fleetwood, PA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and Discounts on products associated with the corporation. Very safety oriented and willing to retrain and work with people who struggle or are slow to learn.

Cons

I did not care for the rotating biweekly schedule where you would work 2 on, 2 off ,3 on, 2 off, 2 on ,3 off. 12 hour shifts were too much especially in hot areas of the plant during hot weather.The shift times (5 to 5) 2 shifts really handcuffed me when doing errands on my work days.The job I did as a palletizer operator entails too much for one person to be responsible for especially after the relentless production upstream pressurs you all night while you are up and down off of your forklift, fixing the palletizer, reloading your material needed,Drivng at breakneck speed to keep up by putting away product or loading trailers, doing quality checks, unloading pallet trailers. I never knew if I was production or warehouse. stuck in the middle in a gray area. The warehouse guys had it easier and the wrappers before us had it easier and we were left to fend for ourselves.I don't mind working hard but not like a madman.

Advice to Management

Work on improving a different production schedule or add another shift .12 hour shifts especially on a double forklift takes a toll on safety and focus. Create some other positions to alleviate stress on the palletizer operators.

Sep 15, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are happy to hear that you felt our dedication to our employees while working with us, and appreciate your insight into our palletizer operator processes and ... More

11. "Interesting but exhausting and cliquey"

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Good steady job with interesting work. Lots of structure but not resourced to get work done. Exciting period of growth for the company.

Cons

Employees are not resourced to do their job and are pitted against each other. This makes the culture competitive internally and promotions political. People are overworked and stressed out- which makes teams hard to work with. Feels like an old boys club.

Aug 22, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for writing a review. We are interested in hearing more about how we can improve your work experience, and encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR representative with ideas for how ... More