Nestlé Waters North America Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Nestlé Waters North America CEO Fernando Merce
Fernando Merce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This was also a great place to learn how to manage work/life balance (in 27 reviews)

• pay and benefits are really good (in 19 reviews)

1. "?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are among the best in Denver.

Cons

No team work - management is very poor and changes every 18 months to 2 years - turn over is extremely high which leads to more down time - no real training - care more about meetings and paperwork than getting the plant to run - not enough people here to get the plant turned around.

Advice to Management

Need to hire more skilled people for a short amount of time to get this place turned around and then weed out from there. Need some stability and that starts up front. Need to take better care of your employees and invest in them.

Jul 25, 2017 – TMP Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your hard work at NWNA, and for sharing your candid feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We are taking your comments to leadership and working... More

2. "RSR"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok money to pay bills

Cons

Hard to move up
    Routing is horrible
    Management plays favorites with employees
    UL & branch managers hide accidents from coorperate but they will use it against your yearly review.
    HR is no good here won't fight for you
    No bonuses for safety, absent, injury free
    Overall avoid Nestle, you can get a job that pays the same with less headaches and back problems later in the future

Advice to Management

Reward the people that bring in revenue.
    The back bone of the company everything goes to the managers.

Jul 24, 2017 – TMP Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Employee satisfaction is very important to us, so we are taking your input into consideration as we work on creating a better experience. Thank you for... More

3. "Poland Spring Proud"

Current Employee - Production in Poland, ME
    Current Employee - Production in Poland, ME

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits and great co-workers

Cons

long hours in an intense environment

Advice to Management

keep listening to your employees

4. "Good people are leaving"

Pros

Flexibility. Independence. Great middle management.

Cons

Invasion by Nestlé overseas by managers that do not understand the US business

Advice to Management

Being back the US managers and stop cow towing to the environmental Bs

Jul 17, 2017 – TMP Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate you sharing your specific feedback on NWNA's management. We are committed to creating a great employee experience and making improvements, and we will take your comments into... More

5. "Lots of OT and no work life balance"

Current Employee - Production Resource
    Current Employee - Production Resource

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people at the factories that want to do the right thing and ensure the customer always has product at their door. With the need to make the product, OT is a nice bump in the paycheck.

Cons

Employees donor have a voice and outside management love to micro manage. Always mandated OT (12 hrs/day and weekend work) for more product because they don't invest into improvements. Machines and vehicles always breaking down due to lack of PM's and time to work on them. If you're single this place is great, but if you have a family and enjoy having 2 days off a week then keep on looking.

Advice to Management

Need to look at your employees and hep them out. After so many hours of working, the employee cannot physically ensure a good product can be produced safely.

6. "Good company"

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

There are no issues with them

7. "Impossible to work for"

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Decent pay. Gives away extra waters. Easy job.

Cons

No help if machines fail. Favoritism. When they hire you as seasonal, they refuse to move you up.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism and look at how hard work is done.

8. "Route sales rep"

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Elmsford, NY
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Elmsford, NY

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America (More than a year)

Pros

The "only"pro is the pay. You start at 45k a year with no cdl just a regular license. Good place to learn how to drive a truck safely. Good to get your foot in the door to the trucking industry.

Cons

Long hours, extremely heavy workload. Easily a 2 man job but they rather 1 man do it. No work life balance. I was fired for calling out to care for my sick child. The company doesn't care about you at all. This job drains you mentally, physically and emotionally. Management is terrible they are immature and FOS. they PREACH about a no harm culture where you have a voice but nothing you suggest or propose gets taken in to consideration. Management does nothing to help with your development instead they want you to fail. I've heard unit leaders bash their drivers and talk about them behind their backs as if they were worthless. And upper management doesnt come around unless they hear about a union. Every employee is expendable and replaceable. They claim there is room for growth within the company but there are 4 or Unit Leader and 1 zsl position in the entire branch that everyone is kissing but to get in to. Meetings every morning are redundant and unproductive. Everyone who works there wants to quit and is very unhappy but they stay because of the pay. I will never work there again nor recommend my worst enemy to work there. They are very inconsiderate and do not care about you as a human being. You can be given anywhere from 40 to 65 stops a day that include heavy commercial, retail and residential stops. Includes walking up and downnumerous amount of stairs with 2 50 pound bottles repetitively. Did i mention no time for rest or lunch breaks. They don't even enforce a break or lunch time.

Advice to Management

Grow up and GENUINELY do your job to help your drivers who are the backbone of the company. Step up and take initiative when your drivers give you feedback. Most of all be a TRUE LEADER AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Management are a bunch of hypocrites who have forgotten where they started as drivers.

Jul 7, 2017 – TMP Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working with us. We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience while working at NWNA. Employee satisfaction is very important... More

9. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Cabazon, CA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Cabazon, CA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of hours. More work = more pay thanks to California overtime law. Pays well and can reach comfortable income levels within a few years. They fixed the hours and everyone has weekends off at least twice a month at the cabazon location.

Cons

Thanks to the California OT law, the more you work the more you are taxed.

Jul 5, 2017 – TMP Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your honest review. We're thrilled to know of your experience and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Furthermore, we are sorry to hear about your... More

"Route Service Rep - Level II"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive leadership & management team. Great team members with willingness to support one another during high volume/peak seasons. Incentives from time to time make it more pleasant to work a 6th day to help branch/zone catch up when behind. Pay to workload ratio is about average, but better than most. Company promotes from within, but roles are far and few in between, so either be extraordinary or willing to wait some time for a better opportunity to move up to come. Holiday & vacation packages are above average, and better than most. Health insurance is about average. NWNA's ReadyRefresh RSR roles are by far the greatest and most challenging jobs/careers that one can take on in this industry, each person may see things different but I've personally grown to appreciate the opportunity to be apart of such a great company. Have had many humbling days and experiences out in the field that I would've otherwise never had if I was not in this field of work.

Cons

The unfortunate amount of turnover for RSRs - many factors contributing to this not just one. RSRs come in as fast as they leave, but this will always be because this line of work can be very physically, mentally and emotionally demanding at times. Work & life balance can be nonexistent if the individual isn't wise with his/her time. RSRs definitely should be shown a lot more appreciation when peak seasons come around annually, they are the faces of this division of Nestlé and literally the back bone of it as well.

Advice to Management

Emphasize on good employee retainment. Increase recognition of employees to maintain morale. Incentivize weekend work during high volume/peak seasons.

Jul 5, 2017 – TMP Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience. We agree that work/life balance is very important, and we are working to hire additional staff who meet the same level of talent as our current... More