Cover image for Nestlé Purina U.S.

Part of Nestlé

3.6
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Nina Leigh Krueger
Nina Leigh Krueger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and there are lots of options to transfer to other teams within Purina.(in 193 reviews)
  • "The people here are great and the ability to bring your pets is awesome(in 171 reviews)
  • "great culture and industry to work in(in 151 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance if you commit to it (if you are aggressive and a go(in 136 reviews)
  • "Good pay compared to other companies.(in 118 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nestlé Purina U.S. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Purina is my first career and I cannot see myself anywhere else!

Feb 4, 2022 - Production Manager in Clinton, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purina is leading the industry in how they treat their employees. We have parental leave for both parents. This allowed me to spend the much needed time with my children and support my family during this exciting new time. There are numerous promotional opportunities for every level and team member. They are constantly coaching and developing the team for the next level. I can proudly say that we have one of the most diverse leadership teams out there! Lastly, Purina continue to drive sustainable manufacturing. We are a zero waste to landfill facility and are on the path towards 100% recyclable/reusable packaging.

Cons

We expect a lot out of every team member which leads to challenges maintaining a work life balance at times. Work life balance means something different to just about every single person; however, Purina continues to find ways to make improvements year over year as they truly care about everyone in the Purina family.

8 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for holding our sustainability and strong parental leave policy in high regard, just as we do. We're proud of each one of our associates and want to help them develop to their fullest potential. We appreciate you taking the time to share all your thoughts with us.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Nov 3, 2022 - Entry Level Associate Research Technician in Gray Summit, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, good PTO, retirement fund

Cons

chose wisely what department you work for.

3. Join the Nestlé Purina U.S. team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be great, now it's ok at best.

Nov 22, 2022 - Customer Facing Role in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Handful of great colleagues and managers, depending on the department. The company used to show how much they care about pets. Pay is average.

Cons

Purina is one of the slowest moving, archaic CPG companies in existence. It takes months to execute relatively small initiatives, mostly due to the amount of red tape across the organization. Agility is a word that's still being thrown around, laughably so. Proactivity is a word this company can't grasp. Another issue that's plaguing the company is silos. There is very little communication between teams, even on important projects. Constant fires due to a misunderstanding of decision space, "that's not my job" is a hallmark of Purina at this point. Culture is a buzzword this company has lost years ago. Leadership pretends to be transparent yet continues to be robotic and vague in their messaging. They send out surveys and emails for feedback yet disregard the overall consensus.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company, Sensitive People

Oct 31, 2022 - Internal Auditor in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k Match Company Store Healthcare Plan + Wellness Stipend Close to stadium

Cons

In the City proper. Traffic is horrible during sports events and events. City extra income tax of 1%. Sensitive employees right out of college that have lacking social IQ and social critical thinking.

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

We can feel your frustration within your review. Our recruitment process is one that we consider to be robust and thorough, to ensure we are hiring the best of the best talent. Our Internal Audit department, just like all at Nestlé Purina, are filled with highly skilled individuals, and ones that continue to keep the organization in compliance and good standing.

6. 5.0

Good start

Oct 28, 2022 - Mantenance Technician in Fairburn, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits pay well money

Cons

Overtime a lot no weekend of as maintenance tech on the backshift packing

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Losing appeal

Oct 31, 2022 - Master Data Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company has good perks and is near Busch Stadium for parking.

Cons

We have lost a lot of knowledge due to buyouts to cut costs. The atmosphere at work is stagnant and people are in leadership roles that have no clue what they are doing. They take gossip from team members, treat is as truths and take disciplenary action on it. Even when they are presented with numbers showing how much some people contribute compared to others they chose to ignore it. Too many managers or leadership members are friends with people that report to them causing really bad judgements.

5 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Your review is disappointing to read, as we work diligently to ensure that individuals promoted to a leadership role are equipped with the skills and competencies to successfully lead a team. We encourage you to talk with your human resource contact to voice these concerns, so we can help work towards a better solution.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Music in designated areas

Nov 7, 2022 - Forklift Operator in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent during low inflation and a booming economy. That is not the case anymore.

Cons

Con ops schedule is horrible. Bring back traditional scheduling. Safety perks are non existing anymore.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 20, 2022 - Order Revenue Management Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nestle Purina really values you as a person not just a an employee. they help alot within the community and treat you as an equal. On my first day I talked to a person for 15mins about how its is great that I got hired and what do I like to do etc. Little did I know the person I talked to for 15mins just in passing was the VP of my department. Not once did he bring up what he did. It was just a friendly conversation. And the same thing happen to me again at a meet and great for new hires. Talked a lady for about little over 5 mins. Found out later when everyone gathered for the presenter. The person that I was talking to was the CEO of Purina. Never would have guest it. That showed me just because this is huge company we all here together. Its been great!!

Cons

I don't have any complaints

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

Thank you for your review! We love to hear that our community efforts align with those that you find inspiring. We hope you are enjoying you time here!

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Purina has lost its charm

Oct 13, 2022 - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees at Purina are great! Campus can be fun, networking is easy, and great way to get involved in the community. They also provide good benefits and bringing your dog to work is also a plus.

Cons

The pay is terrible especially since inflation. Leadership.....don't even get me started! And flexibility and compassion depends by department. It's not what it used to be, high turnovers, leadership is trying to force workers to come back on campus and not giving employees option for hybrid or flexability.

10 people found this review helpful

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

We are disappointed to hear the cons you listed. The culture at Nestlé Purina is one that we consider to be special, which is why we offer the option of flexible Fridays in addition to our on-campus days. We understand that life comes up and recommend for supervisors and managers to be flexible with schedules. Please reach out to your manager or Human Resources representative to speak about how we can work towards a solution to your concerns.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stable and Steady

Oct 16, 2022 - EComm Marketing Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purina is an institution that will be here forever.

Cons

A larger company can be slower to evolve or respond - particularly with employee situations or needs.

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

We appreciate your review here. Regarding your comment for employee situations, we encourage our associates to talk with their department Human Resource manager to voice any concerns or recommendations you may have.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,161 Reviews
</>Embed

Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews FAQs

Nestlé Purina U.S. has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,977 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Nestlé Purina U.S. to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Nestlé Purina U.S. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Nestlé Purina U.S.. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

63% of Nestlé Purina U.S. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nestlé Purina U.S. 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Nestlé Purina U.S. to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Nestlé Purina U.S. Job Seekers