Cover image for NetApp

Found 2,662 of over 5K reviews

4.2
NetApp CEO George Kurian
George Kurian

What people are saying about NetApp

Join the conversation on

Tech

467.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NetApp~5406
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "It has great culture and you will one has the full responsibility of his/her job and freedom of doing his own way.(in 439 reviews)
  • "Netapp was a great place to work early on and the _technical_ people were great to work with.(in 404 reviews)
  • "Flexible working time and gives good emphasis to work life balance of employees with Work smart initiative(in 395 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and moving now in the right direction.(in 265 reviews)
  • "good work culture and some of the best minds in the industry(in 184 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NetApp and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Sep 21, 2022 - Sr. Software engineering Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

NetApp cares for its employees. Work Life Balance. You get to work on latest technologies.

Cons

No cons at all, all positives.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, Better Benefits

Nov 29, 2022 - Digital Sales Representative in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team is very helpful, they promote from within for the most part. Good S3 academy

Cons

hectic and a lot is thrown at you if you dont know the IT world, but definitely go the academy route if possible.

3. Join the NetApp team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Friendly environment

Nov 26, 2022 - Network Administrator in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment and a good place to grow

Cons

I have no cons to share

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Transformation

Nov 11, 2022 - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good at Transforming and pivoting

Cons

Layoffs occur often to help company align to corporate transformation goals

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 4, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers Benefits Hybrid remote or office

Cons

Large company, takes a while to get to know other teams well

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work if you want to be customer focused

Jan 31, 2022 - Solution Architect in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am a Solution Architect that prefers to be customer-focused, and I absolutely love working for this company. I am armed with data and with plenty of resources to call-upon when trying to help my customer's design their solutions. I don't have to be the master of everything on-premises and in-the-cloud, but when I call on those resources to help me out, there is an expectation that I will stick with them and use the opportunity to learn. It isn't just about us selling stuff, but I feel like I get a chance to grow every day in my job.

Cons

Over the last two years we have had a lot of development of products, and also a lot of acquisitions. Unfortunately with COVID, we have moved our annual Insight Conference virtual, which makes it really hard to truly learn the new stuff we are doing. Sure, I can speak to it, but I am not as competent to get online and actually build out a customer's CVO instance like I can do with their traditional on-premises flash array / SSD systems. I think it is a curse across all of the IT industry, but we do need a chance to just "stop" the selling motion and get in and get our hands dirty with some in-person training.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Very poor culture and leadership in Human Resources

Nov 16, 2022 - HR Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers you are able to partner with. Although many have left.

Cons

HR Executive Leadership lacking anything close to being leaderful.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Relaxed environment, but hard to see impact

Nov 18, 2022 - QA Engineering Intern in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team and management were very kind and the pay was good

Cons

Many layers of abstraction made it difficult for me to see my impact

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, but beware of bad managers

Jul 1, 2022 - Support Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Favorable business outlook for the company Employee stock purchasing Great benefits Bonuses Hybrid work model*

Cons

Certain managers micromanage -reviewing work product for misspelled words, uncapitalized words, or punctuation -giving lackluster positive comments (seems forced) Certain managers crave control -not responding within 2 minutes to a manager initiated chat message results in a meeting -be prepared to recieve impromptu calls on your personal phone -you will be questioned (interrogation style) about the smallest things One on one's with certain managers are negative -entire meeting spent 'bashing' other team members -suggestions you make about streamlining efficiency and accountability are 'shot down' continuously -when discussing your future career goals unsupportive comments are made -Cloud training is scrutinized and you are expected to stay on your vertical Certain managers will work against you -when applying to internal positions you have to have your managers approval -other managers decision on whether to pursue you for internal roles is determined by your current manager Certain managers have no people/coaching skills -you are treated like a child -you are constantly assured that you are a subordinate -often times manager has no professional 'filter'