Found 1,095 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about NetApp
Career Advice for Students
8 months ago
How does one reach out to hiring managers at NetApp? I’ve submitted an application and reached out to recruiters via linked in and current employees to connect and inquire about the role. I really want this particular position (academy- tech support engineer)
a year ago
Retail Business Services
Hello everyone! I'm new to Fish Bowl and I spotted a Cloud Technical Support Engineer role with netapp and wanted to know if anyone could refer me for this position or if anyone was aware of any other entry level cloud support roles that may be similar. I was interested in Microsoft Azure specifically but I'm open to learning any of the other clouds as well.
Got a burning question about NetApp? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NetApp employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It has great culture and you will one has the full responsibility of his/her job and freedom of doing his own way." (in 485 reviews)
- "Flexible working time and gives good emphasis to work life balance of employees with Work smart initiative" (in 442 reviews)
- "Netapp was a great place to work early on and the _technical_ people were great to work with." (in 425 reviews)
- "Good benefit and working envrironment" (in 302 reviews)
- "good work culture and some of the best minds in the industry" (in 198 reviews)
- "At the time they had frequent layoffs but I believe since then the business has stabilized." (in 295 reviews)
- "I had both good and bad management." (in 191 reviews)
- "Most of the management teams are good but there are also some managers that you would wish you never had." (in 106 reviews)
- "Poor Upper Management and forward road map" (in 50 reviews)
- "middle management is bloating up and usually doesn't care about employees" (in 38 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of NetApp and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 3, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Overall good working environment, people, and culture. Benefits and compensation is on par with other storage companies/tech firms. Moving up the chain as a leader in the Flash market.
Lots of turnover from senior management to field sales. Recent layoffs and some politics as people are very concerned about losing their jobs and trying to look busy and valuable. Tough storage/data management market and macroeconomic issues are creating lots of pressure and a bit of panic mode. Inspection from all levels on deals on a weekly basis.2
- 4.0May 19, 2018Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSunnyvale, CA
Work/life balance, collaborative culture, volunteer-time-off policy. I've had opportunities to work in different technology areas--product code, quality, developer tools. The initiatives around quality have made it easier to find bugs sooner and back them out of the code base; we are on a good trajectory in this area. I have great relationships with my colleagues and the first few levels of my management chain.
Life as a Data ONTAP developer has its frustrations, starting with access to the engineering environment (via the vmware horizon client) and erratic build farm performance; these make it hard to be as productive as we'd like to be. Some programs were killed several years (and million$/billion$) too late, and some acquisitions should never have been made; it's frustrating to see all this waste and to be told there's not enough money to make this or that improvement for developers.3
- 4.0Mar 11, 2015Systems AdministratorFormer Contractor, less than 1 year
Low level management was superb: A textbook example of how managers are supposed to be. Excellent use of video conferencing. Good resources to make sure the job gets done.
Contract was terminated as part of a layoff, and company forgot to inform some employees till after they were locked out. Planning information was not passed down to the employees.1
- 4.0Apr 14, 2014Engagement ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMelbourne
People are very focused on success, success is very well congratulated. No deal is off the table if you can sell the idea of it, you are left to drive your own business.
A little ambiguous in the way you need to run your own show. Management are very focused on forward looking and ensuring that numbers are met which is fair enough.
- 5.0Mar 16, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Good work culture and lot of motivation
Management is not at all focused on quality of the staff and hence the product is suffering
- 4.0Jun 22, 2012Member of Technical Staff, SoftwareCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBengaluru
The company boasts of an amazing work culture. There is a lot of focus on performance also. As such, people are very friendly and it is easy to go around and get your doubts cleared. The senior management is also very approachable and try their best to help out in any possible way. Its also a good place to improve skills as a Developer.
You will not be able to know what kind of work you will be involved in till you actually join the company and start working.6
- 4.0Feb 17, 2020Channel Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLondon, England
NetApp have a fantastic portfolio of solutions for all aspects of Data Management in public cloud, private cloud and hybrid multi-cloud environments
Losing our way in how we should support and work with Partners. UK management have lost sight of what is truly important for partner collaboration and focused on the short term business.
- 4.0Jun 4, 2012Member, Technical StaffCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Its really a great place to work. People come with their own set of skills and learn a lot from their team mates. Managers here push their employees to excel and I really love the idea of no 'micro management'
There is a bit of unnecessary hierarchy, to much of dependency on other teams.
- 1.0Mar 16, 2021Support Account ManagerFormer EmployeeBengaluru
Apart from enjoying the ambience at work place, no Pros
Never recommend this workplace to anyone. Very disoriented and unorganized work place. Management is very corrupt and biased towards the employees who do not question and stay favorable. No hesitation in terminating people without any justification. Work place is good for people with skills: flattery or other obsequious behavior2
- 4.0Apr 26, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great Top level management (executives/SVP/VP's) Good vision and strategy for products. Good work like Balance Good growth in certain groups Good pay (base salary)
First/second level management ( in QA ) have zero understanding of the product and very poor at evaluating technical talent. They rely on Sr technical people from other to provide the evaluation and this forces engineers to go to forum and meetings there shouldn't be going there by wasting a lot of time creating visibility instead of doing real work. QA product knowledge across the board is very much lagging. VP's say quality is more important but they refuse to invest in good QA talent. Dev to QA ratio is very low and even senior QA talent in this company is very less (The difference between Total MTS levels is DEV and QA is too high)