NetBrain Technologies Reviews in Burlington, MA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
NetBrain Technologies Chairman & CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Product & Great Future"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at NetBrain for almost two years now. The people are fantastic and the product is just what the industry needs. Great office space, friendly atmosphere, flexibility, fun, engaging and challenging.

Cons

Just need to line the ducks up in a row better, balance sales push with a solid path for each and every employee. That is getting so much better, some really good hire at the top and our HR department is starting to create a path

Advice to Management

Trust in the leadership more, they are good people!!!!

Dec 6, 2016 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for your review and keep in mind we are always open to suggestions. Improvement is a never ending process.

"Really good place to work"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere. Mostly everyone, including management, is very nice and wants to help you succeed. The casual dress code is much appreciated. It's very much a 9 to 5 office which is nice to have that work-life balance. The free Friday lunches, and snacks are a good perk too!

Cons

Working from home is frowned upon unless there's a snowstorm. It would be nice to have more flexible hours across the board and not just if your manager approves of it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, have reasonable sales goals, but otherwise things are good!

"Total Dysfunction"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product has potential to be valuable (if it worked). Friday lunch is free.

Cons

Too many support issues with post sales. Completely dysfunctional organization. Drastic changes come sweeping through the company on a regular basis. This leaves no room to grow. The minute you start building traction, they move things around. Now you can watch some other guy close that deal you spent 7 months working on. No solid direction for the future. Be careful reading these reviews. Most of them are completely fabricated by HR.

Advice to Management

They don't take advice.

"Move on"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Burlington, MA

Pros

None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None

Cons

As long as the CEO is in place, the organization's growth will be stunted. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for employment

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked in many startup/small environments, I think I have a good understanding of environments that can fail and ones that can succeed. NetBrain is set up to succeed. Of course execution is key and employees have a role in that. The pros for NetBrain now are:
    - growing company
    - very good technology with an emerging need/market
    - addressing growing pains and building leadership team
    - good health benefits, better than most I've been involved in lately
    - a nice and pleasant environment to work in

Cons

- still working out the growing pains, but to be expected
    - a little slow on hiring leadership, but now that is in place

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward.

Dec 6, 2016 – Global Head of HR

Thank you and we are 100% behind our sales teams. Please don't hesitate to let us know what you need.

"Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Free lunches on Friday
    * Owner and his wife are really nice and caring about their employees.
    * Loyalty is valued
    * Coworkers & Work culture is really nice

Cons

* Need to allow work from home at least once a week or once in two weeks. It will be really beneficial for the AE's

Dec 6, 2016 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for your comments. We understand the need for balance and care about the well being of all team members. As we prepare for 2017, we will evaluate our workplace policies as we always do ... More

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Pros

great personal perks, . co workers are great

Cons

tough sales model, not willing to go after total possible new business in the market place.

Dec 21, 2016 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for the review. We have built up our sales organization in order to capture market opportunity. As we continue to grow, we will expand into new territories internationally. As for our ... More

"A very good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Pros

I've been here for a year and a half, and I am very pleased to have joined NetBrain. The corporate culture is one that values the employees and their input. NetBrain is defining a new space in the network software industry, and the solutions are not all obvious, so it is a "bring your brain" to work type of place. Very pleasant office space, complete with standing desks. Individuals generally are given their goals and are left to use their experience and intelligence to solve the problem. It is a "self starter" environment.

Cons

As a growing company, there are bumps in the road, as might be expected. Not everything flows smoothly, but you should treat that as an opportunity to define new processes.

Apr 8, 2016 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for your review. You hit the nail on the head when saying you should treat bumps as an opportunity to define process. Please communicate any ideas you have, feedback is always welcome.

"Growing Company"

Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In no particular order:
    - NetBrain is growing very rapidly, and lots of things are in flux. The upside of this is that there's plenty of room for growth and promotion.
    - Our corporate mentality hasn't begun ossifying yet; in other words, everyone's open to new and better ways to do things.
    - Initiative is rewarded, at least on the technical side of the house (I can't speak to Sales or Administration).
    - Full medical and dental benefits and that sort of stuff.
    - NetBrain makes a very powerful product that's easy to sell and easy to get excited about (at least if you're a network engineer).
    - Extremely diverse employee base.
    - The company's emotional environment is very positive, warm, and healthy.
    - The pace is busy but not breakneck.
    - They feed us every Friday

Cons

In no particular order:
    - NetBrain is growing very rapidly, and lots of things are in flux. The downside of this is that things can sometimes be confusing, and people occasionally find themselves working at cross-purposes.
    - Many things are being made up as we go along, which can be confusing and frustrating at times.
    - The degree of employee diversity leads to difficulties in communicate with some co-workers (accents, degrees of English proficiency, etc). Some might find it frustrating.

Advice to Management

- Keep hiring nice, positive people!
    - We need more systematic training on certain things, both for legal and practical reasons.
    - Continue the process of creating firm procedures across the board, especially in sensitive matters.

Apr 8, 2016 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write and it is good to hear you like your colleges. If you have specific areas that you feel training would be beneficial please pass them along.

"Great product!"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a great product, top notch sales and technical training, and beautiful office space. Everything is state of the art, and they give free lunch on Fridays! The benefits are very good, and the people are friendly. The management staff they are bringing in are some of the best in the industry, and the company is growing like crazy.

Cons

Compensation seems to be low. They position themselves as a startup, though they are pretty well established (creeping up on 300 employees world wide with an international office opening soon), and lean on the "startup" crutch to account for any shortcomings they may have. Schedules can be pretty rigid depending what department you work in. Though the health insurance and 401k are competitive in the benefits category, they are lacking in the tele-commuting and commuter compensation space.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction. This is a great company with a great product, and only a handful of shortcomings. Stop looking at the company as a startup, and more as the exploding enterprise it is, and the sky is the limit!

Oct 7, 2015 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with NetBrain. NetBrain employed 80 people in Jan. 2014. As of Oct. 1, 2015, we had 275 people. Clearly, we are no longer a start-up ... More