NetGain Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
NetGain Technologies CEO Jason Jacobson
Jason Jacobson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "One of the Pros of working for NetGain is working for a company that has solid principles and values at the forefront of their decision making" (in 3 reviews)

• "Second, there's a reason why this company has placed in the "Best places to work in Kentucky" the last 3 years in a row" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons in my experience at NetGain" (in 4 reviews)

• "I really don't have too many negatives to say about NetGain, I've been with the company for a couple of years now" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Market Research Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at NetGain Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never in my life worked for such a welcoming and hospitable company like NetGain. NetGain made me feel welcomed when I walked through the door for the first time.

Cons

The change in leadership was the most surprising element in the first few months. I think the challenges that accompanied this change was a normal part of the growing process. This surprise challenged me a lot because at the beginning the communication factor was not as clear as it could be regarding goals and expectations. However, looking back on it now I am glad that I hit some bumps in the roads and removed the biggest lines of miscommunication that has led in my overall professional development.

"Tactical Remote Engineer"

Former Employee - Tactical Remote Engineer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Tactical Remote Engineer in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at NetGain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks, events and you can leave early sometimes.

Cons

Immature people, deciding to play video games during training (Smash Brothers). Training is terrible. Clearly, when someone asks for help, you're not training people correctly. All they are worried about is getting you on the phones. Only a handful of people have degrees and certificates, if they say different, they are lying. Advancement is a joke.

Advice to Management

Train people on everything! Stop playing video games during work hours and during training. Grow up!

"Great place to spend a couple years."

I worked at NetGain Technologies full-time

Pros

Growth intensive, Professional Development, Good communication

Cons

Lots of buried bodies
    Very "click" oriented
    Type of place that would expect you to work until 2AM and be at your desk at 8AM.

"Growing Pains"

I worked at NetGain Technologies full-time

Pros

Most co-workers are great.
    People will recognize where you work

Cons

Some co-workers are not great
    People will recognize where you work

"Pros and cons to every job but cons weigh too heavy."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Louisville, KY

I worked at NetGain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long time in business. Headquarters offers lots of employee snacks. Many good and highly skilled people. Engineers get certifications paid for my company. Lots of talk about company culture.

Cons

Long term owners sold to sons who are very inexperienced. New executives come from large enterprise and act like fish out of water in medium sized business. Company continues to raise price amidst commoditization of managed services.

Advice to Management

You may be causing the growing pains, that is if you were actually growing.

NetGain Technologies Response

Jun 27, 2018 – Employment Services Manager

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at NetGain Technologies. We would like to provide a response on your misleading comments regarding our leadership and sales growth. NetGain has been a... More

6. "Senior Account Executive"

I have been working at NetGain Technologies full-time

Pros

I have worked for NetGain over 19 years. When I started, there was 35 employees in one location. today we have 160 employees in 7 locations over 6 states. Even with the chaos of growth NetGain has been a very great company to work for. The culture is family first, client satisfaction is very important and to make NetGain the job for a lifetime. We have fun at work. When we work, we work hard and when we play, we play hard. I just returned from the NetGain chairman's Club trip, this year to Marco Island. This is an annual trip that rewards employees for over achieving and meeting goals. NetGain gives it's employees the opportunity however it's up to the individual to take that opportunity and make it something great! I'm excited to see what's next at NetGain.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about NetGain.

7. "Great Growing Company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at NetGain Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The owners would like for NetGain to be a workplace of a lifetime. In other words, they are looking and listening to ideas and truly care about the employees and how they feel about the growth of the company. They provide obtainable professional goals and a career development path.

Cons

Like any workplace, there are communication issues that occur at times; however, those are viewed as setbacks and if there is an issue, a solution to the issue is looked for.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. They are just as willing to put in effort to grow and make this a great place to work. If someone has a bad idea, still listen and take the time to understand where they are coming from with their ideas.

8. "Senior Account Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at NetGain Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities for growth in multiple areas.
    REAL expections and success measurements are discussed frequently.
    Multitude of resources to help you GROW professionally and personally.
     Family owned Financially stable company with 3rd generation owners.

Cons

typical challenges of any growing small to medium company. But can you truly make everyone happy???

Advice to Management

Listen to your key leaders in their respective areas. This does NOT mean you act in every situation but showing the willingness to listen is always appreciated and provide feedback as to WHY something may or may not work.

9. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at NetGain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at NetGain for a year and a half starting as an intern and eventually offered a permeant position. I left to pursue a next step opportunity. NetGain is a great place to work, and that is all because of the employees! You will always feel welcomed and at home at NetGain.

Cons

Like any company, NetGain is not perfect. What matters is that management listens to employee feedback, and goes to great lengths to improve.

10. "Nice place to work that is always striving to be better."

I have been working at NetGain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, friendly environment, helpful. As a technical employee, I've been in positions that can sometimes result in a competitive environment between other technicians, however, at NetGain helping others is strongly encouraged and there is no competitiveness among each other. Everyone is more than willing to help another person.

Cons

It's difficult to describe but the best way that I can describe it, is that there feels like there is a wall between the satellite offices and HQ. This is one of the executive team's most important initiatives and they are making large steps toward improving it, but it is still a work in progress.