NetSuite Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson

Pros
  • I like all the initiatives that HR does to cater to the work-life balance of employees (in 42 reviews)

• Great Product - Great leadership (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is minimal although management is working hard to hire more skilled people to add value (in 14 reviews)

• As of the moment, undoubtedly none so far (in 13 reviews)

"Regional Sales Director"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great and passionate about the product and our customers.

Cons

Communication from our operations team.

Advice to Management

I'm happy with the management team - at least within my chain of command.

2. "Regional Sales Director"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a lot of opportunity for career advancement

Cons

the company is going through a transition period with Oracle

"Oh Oracle, draining the life out of acquired companies left and right"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Still the best Cloud ERP on the market, but as Oracle shifts the future focus, it will become a laggard like everything else Oracle touches.

Cons

This was once a great, small/medium software company with drive and enthusiam. Just a few months after the acquisition, and the magic has dwindled.

Advice to Management

Thanks Larry!

5. "Great culture, great products"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative culture. People willing to help each other out. Wicked smart people focused on solving problems for customers.

Cons

Hyper growth can be daunting for those not accustomed to rapid change.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture!!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Egalitarian environment, flexible work arrangements, work rarely intrudes on 'after work' life, except at month end. Good salary and benefits package.

Cons

Not equal working from home opportunities for all, depends a lot on individual managers. Not a fan of the unlimited leave as often employees don't take enough and again the amount of time of is dependent on the manager.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, seems like you're constantly striving to improve and listening to employee feedback.

"Outside Sales"

Former Employee - Remote Sale Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Remote Sale Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good culture to work within. Although my role was remote, they quickly opened an office and attempted to leverage this culture. Product is very solid for most verticals, once you get outside core accounting and CRM, there is a bit of capability drop off, such as Manufacturing and Wholesale Distribution. Fair quotas, and they provide a management path, but as it is growing, many people are on that wait list. If you are looking to get into sales, this is a great path to do so. There is a ton of support and talented people to help you become successful.

Cons

I was a Corporate Rep, in the Manufacturing vertical, I sold to 200+ employee companies. Manufacturing was one of the newer verticals as I started. It was derived from a previous combination of Manufacturing and Wholesale Distribution, called simply WD. There are two sales divisions, Account Rep (NOT Account Manager, as I will get to in a moment) and AMO, Account Management Org. I was an Account Rep, which mean this is a pure hunter role. As you sell to a prospect, you are allowed to maintain the account for 9 months for upsell, then you hand the account over to AMO. If you are looking to be a Field Account Manager... THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT COMPANY FOR YOU. As of my departure, AMO was mainly an inside sales role. Also, for the Professional Services component, like software sales, you were able to upsell for 9 months. In the midst of my tenure, this changed to 3 months. So, sell all the PS you possibly can within 3 months of original sell, as it goes to AMO. It could be a bit disheartening when you would make a sale into a new account, they would purchase a minimum, "to get started", then you lose the potential for a larger upsell, software and/or services, to someone behind a desk, after you did the leg work.
    Regarding account alignment, there is a bit of history in how accounts are assigned to a rep. Since you have very little insight to to other reps' account lists, some accounts tend to stay in possession of the good ol' boys (or gals) club. Outside sales within NetSuite is relatively new, in that most sales had happened almost exclusively from behind a desk. Things were improving as I was there, but that inside sales culture and process still loomed.
    Since WD and MF were in the same category prior to my arrival, again, called WD, when the verticals split, there was a ton of confusion as to where the account should reside. Example: ABC Manufacturer was called on 5 years ago by a rep, but did not buy, yet they are now in the CRM system, under the combined WD category. 5 years later, MF and WD are separate, I call into ABC Manufacturer, and get a bite, but in the system, they still show under WD category. Although they are clearly a MF company (which distributes its product once produced), it was an internal arm wrestling match to get that account in my name. This type of confusion will continue as they grow. Don't even get me started on where "General Business" falls into this mix of verticals.
    I will say, overall, my experience was very pleasant. You can make good money, there are GREAT people, solid management. The processes and protocols are still a bit stuck in a start up mode.
    You just have to be sure you understand the sales categories, the divisions and, most importunely, how does NetSuite compete in the vertical in which you are interviewing. NetSuite, across the board, is an ERP/CRM leader, but in the areas of MF, WD, Services, for instance, they fall to the middle of the pack amongst the competition.
    In my opinion, NetSuite is resigned to the fact that they will never truly compete with the likes of an Oracle and SAP, and seem content in their niche.

Advice to Management

Refine the accounts and sales process to show more like an Enterprise company. Although they understand their place in the ERP world, it would not hurt to continue to let Oracle and SAP know you have potential. Great potential at that....

8. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR

Pros

Excellent Leadership, cutting edge technology, hire the best of the best, quarterly feedback, lots of benefit options, flexibility great communication. Best Job I ever had!

Cons

None worthy of mentioning here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

Very positive environment
    Access to C-Level
    Generous territories and comp plans

Cons

Some challenges with moving customer base more up stream to compete for large global instances.

"Good place to work in silicon valley."

Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Great co-workers, found good mentors, fast paced. Potential to make a lot of money.

Cons

Lack of diversity (management all white males). Seemingly arbitrary promotions at times. San Mateo is a bit of an inconvenience to get to.

Advice to Management

Promote more females!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

Pros

NetSuite cares about employees and the people are very professional. There is a spirit of helping each other for a common goal, not a cut throat environment as some sales organizations. It's one of the best companies in which I've worked.
    Many employees have a long tenure which drove me to want to work there. This is rare in a sales environment and is testament to the overall positive working experience at the company.
    The product is great for mid sized companies and we are making the way to the enterprise although the product needs to grow to be truly considered Enterprise ready

Cons

Pay is below the average for similar positions on the market
    Resources to get deals done are scarce and it can be truly frustrating maneuvering through a sales cycle
    The office, although currently being upgraded, lacks culture and many of the perks other hot companies provide to their employees
    Some employees are allowed flexible schedules to work at home a couple to a few days per week and others are not afforded the same luxury. It depends on the manager but mostly this is a butts in seats kind of company.
    Professional Services organization is dysfunctional and struggles to keep consultants. I think this is primarily due to growing pains. Seems as if management is trying to rectify this problem. It will just take time.

Advice to Management

Work as hard as the people in the trenches and mingle with us. Create a cohesive culture through team building activities; team lunches, socials, food trucks, events with partners...... Don't play favorites and relax the purse strings. A company with such cash reserves can afford to pay it's sales people market rates.