Netcracker Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Netcracker Technology President and CEO Andrew Feinberg
Andrew Feinberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Best thing is work life balance here (in 32 reviews)

• Opportunities for business trips abroad (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance, you struggle to maintain it & it takes a toll on you (in 26 reviews)

• Sometimes senior management is hard to get through to (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You get as much responsibility as you can handle"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great results driven culture. Everyone is very accountable and looking to make a difference. The company leads in their software space and is working on next gen technologies to stay the leader.

Cons

very global workforce so not a lot of cohesive company functions

Advice to Management

you guys are impressive. keep doing what you do

"Good place to work (at least in egineering!)"

Current Employee - Engineering in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Waltham, MA

Pros

Friendly environment with high level of knowledge sharing, team of professionals, good support from management in challenging situations. If you want to advance in your career you will get opportunities. This also means you will be missing your "out-of-work" life, but there is nothing new about it (especially in US). Compensation may be below average, but there are other positives (see above).

Cons

I really don't see anything in the company policies or management/ collegues attitude and actions to the employees that hurts me. Once I have I will post update

Advice to Management

Please keep this atmosphere that was developed during early days of the company

3. "Not Perfect but (no company is and) a good and challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Waltham, MA

Pros

Growing company with very positive financial results
    Highly intelligent CEO and Executive Team
    Very fair to employees
    Compensation is above average
    Able to do expand beyone existing role to take on more

Cons

Hard to find work/life balance
    Fast paced and sometimes challenging environment

Advice to Management

Set vision for the future

4. "NetCracker is a rewarding and exciting environment to build a career."

Current Employee - Human Resources in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NetCracker provides a fast paced, dynamic environment which is full of challenging, satisfying and rewarding career opportunities. It is an environment where an employee is encouraged to take risks and to work outside of the confines of their job description which allows for significant learning, growth and developmental opportunities.

Cons

As a dynamic and growing Company with highly driven and ambitious employees, you need to be up for the challenge to keep pace with these highly talented individuals!

Advice to Management

Management should continue to be proactively involved in the business as they have been and continue to take a hands on approach. The hands on approach management assumes has resulted in tremendous successes for the Company. Their strong leadership has helped to motivate and inspire employees at all levels and they should continue to lead by example.

5. "It's been over 10 years and still feels like a family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get to work with very smart people who will constantly challenge you and each other. It can be hard at times but always rewarding in the end of the day.

Cons

Work life balance can be tricky for some people, you have to be flexible but you also get the same in return.

Advice to Management

Delegate and empower your key people more to remain agile and flexible

6. "An opportunity that is allowing me to take my career to the next level"

Current Employee - Director, Strategic Accounts in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director, Strategic Accounts in Washington, DC

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Endless opportunities with customers and internal development
    - One of the few places where you have 1:1's with your CEO
    - Access to every person in every department
    - A place where once person truly can make difference

Cons

- Customer perception: we are "engineers for hire" and "requirements takers" as opposed to a partner who understand the business needs and can help drive a solution and tell a client what they SHOULD be doing (instead of having them tell us what to do, then go build it).

- Way too complex to do business with: takes too long and everything has to be built/customized (even demos). The GUI is losing ground to competition: ugly tables vs sleeker designs that are MUCH easier to use. I've heard the comment, "Company X has a real solution that can go live in 3 months for a few hundred grand. If I asked you to do it, it would've taken a year and millions of dollars." The reality is, it was very hard to argue this point.

- My fear is the future of the marketplace: we are finding out what worked 10 years ago will not work over the next 5 years. We are seeing more competition with much easier-to-deploy solutions at fractions of the cost. Customers are also seeing more viable, better, and quicker alternatives. Other companies are brining network engineers who truly understand the business and are telling customers what they need as opposed to what they want (this goes back to my first point). The pressure is not subsiding, and unless we adapt to this change we may find ourselves on the shorter end of these opportunities, especially in existing accounts (partly because the customer becomes familiar with us and can now compare our platform/way we do business to other companies').

Advice to Management

Please review my Cons section. I am deathly afraid unless there is a NetCracker 2.0 way of approaching our accounts and the solutions we offer, we will be forced to become reactive to competition in existing accounts and give customers reasons to look outside of NetCracker. I have heard from a few accounts that we desperately need network engineers who understand the business and must come with an easy-to-deploy solution.

7. "A place to grow & achieve"

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time

Pros

Surrounded by very intelligence, dedicated professionals who are passionate about what they do.
    A culture of ownership
    Look to promote from within versus hire externally
    Driven to succeed
    Not a place for lords and ladies- all pull together from top to bottom
    Have striven to maintain a "small company" agility and attitude despite rapid growth

Cons

Rapid growth causes organizational challenges that must be worked through
    Sheer momentum means employees have to be aggressive in "managing" upwards
    Sometimes slow decision making

Advice to Management

Decentralize some lower level decision making
    Invest more in training and employee career path development
    Be vigilant that necessary structure for larger organizations does not become uneccessary bureaucracy

8. "Hard work pays off"

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time

Pros

There is always opportunity to take on additional projects and responsibility if you a proactive and hardworking individual. Every day is different and presents new challenges.

Plenty of exposure to different areas of the organization (through cross-functional projects) and working with employees/offices/customers all over the world is also a plus.

Cons

Constantly changing schedules, takes time to understand organization and adapt to work environment

"Working at NetCracker"

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at NetCracker for a number of years and have had a great experience. NetCracker has grown substantially during my tenure but has been able to maintain the dynamic culture of a startup. NetCracker is the best of both worlds; it combines the excitement of a startup with the stability of a well established organization. NetCracker has a global presence which has given me the chance to work with people from around the world, as well as the opportunity to travel to a lot of wonderful places. No two days are ever the same here and I have learned more than I feel I could have in similar roles at other organizations.

Cons

Many of the things I see as ‘Pros’ for NetCracker might also be considered ‘Cons’ by others. Employees at NetCracker are given a significant amount of freedom to come up with processes and procedures. This provides a chance to assess a situation and to determine the best means to resolve it. Depending on an individual’s work style and preference, this may come as a surprise especially if you are coming from a company whose culture includes significant procedural structure.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! It’s great to work for a company where the CEO and executive team are visible as well as accessible.

10. "NetCracker is a fast-paced company with great upward mobility."

I have been working at Netcracker Technology full-time

Pros

Results-driven “go getters” will thrive in this environment. If you are a person who can execute on your deliverables, there is no limitation to how far you can go with this company.

Cons

The constant challenge to outdo yourself and the work you produce can be overwhelming to some people. People who require a highly structured environment are not the right cultural fit for this organization. It’s a company of leaders, not followers – which can sometimes result in an overload of “take charge” personalities.