Netflix Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Netflix Founder, Chairman and CEO Reed Hastings
Reed Hastings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • stands by culture deck, 'freedom and responsibility' is not a buzz phrase but reality, treated like an adult, no micromanagement (in 49 reviews)

• Creative environment, good pay, room for promotion (in 32 reviews)

Cons

1. "Netflix is an amazing companion to work for with great benefits and perks! They do NOT micro manage!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set your own breaks, subsidized meals, .50 raise every 6 months, Netflix cares about how their employees feel and they actually accept suggestions and advice from employees!

Cons

Very strict attendence, tenured or not they will fire you if you miss more then 6 days in a year!

Advice to Management

Look at keeping good employees instead of making them disposable because of how many people you have that want to work there!

"Solid pay, 100% number based policies, demanding management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Fairly flexible scheduling
    Quick commute from SLC

Cons

Miserable experience
    Frequent feedback sessions with management in order to pick employees apart
    3 tardies allowed before termination

Advice to Management

Cut back on feedback sessions

"Do not work here"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay, free Netflix, over time

Cons

Do not work here the pay is not worth it at all. The management does not care about their employees. There’s such a dark side to this company it’s ridiculous. Graduating out of training they fired 5 people for no reason. There were rumors about a sup harassing an employee and then the EMPLOYEE got fired for speaking up. They let me go without an exact reason saying I didn’t fit “the Netflix values” and that’s there reason for everything even when you did nothing wrong. The amount of people that got fired for the first THREE WEEKS I was there is unbelievable. You’ll always be on your toes working here, management sucks and they use their authority negatively.

Advice to Management

Get new management.

"Avoid this place.. its not worth it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix (Less than a year)

Pros

They have snacks and the benefits are decent

Cons

Where to begin.. first of all they are not all inclusive,, they dont like older people such as myself to work there, also they are not diverse, i didnt see any hispanic or african american people there, only a few.. mostly its white bread millenials.. they claim they live by their values but whoever does the hiring is seriously racist.. beforewarned they find a reason to let you go in training and if they dont like you well then they use that "reason" to show you the door... do your research I wasn't the only one who they did this to.. its basically a churn and burn place not worth it

Advice to Management

so what is the deal here???????? there is no due process.. You guys just treat everyone like disposable feminine products... I thought I could trust my supervisor but after doing my research and discovering his social media accounts were all about drug use.. blah I am glad he fired me.. advice to management? you all need to be fired if for nothing else than creating a culture of fear and stress... why are we not allowed to talk about difficult customers? how does that help anything? and why are the trainers allowed to lie and say that "netflix customers are sooo wonderful when most of them probably cant even read past a third grade level and it shows when they call in for "help" but god forbid if anyone says anything ..cause then we are the bad guys and shown the door.. I personally cant wait for netflix to go bankrupt and another better company to take its place

"Netflix is racist"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits great, free lunch

Cons

They allow someone to be descriminated by supervisors. As he tells me how black i sound, and customers over the phone dont deserve my black attitude. I was actually fired because i had to flex my shift, which was allowed by this 3rd party company Netflix used for scheduling. 2 weeks prior, i flexed some hours and had to take an absense becuase i was unwell. My supervisor told me i couldnt do that. I said ok.....but really didnt get that. If your sick, ur sick. However another person o. Another team i know personally, did it all the time. Crazy, there white!

Advice to Management

Dont allow persons working for u to descriminate against black and other races. Have more control over your people.

"Slowly driving me crazy"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, the pay is good, I can go to work in pajamas, the work is beyond simple. I appreciate the transparency about the attendance policy, you either go to work or kick rocks.

Cons

I sincerely dread going to work. In training everything is fun and your told numbers don't matter. In real life, numbers really matter. My first week on the phone I was pulled off the phone to "coach" my behavior. The manager told me he was concerned about my performance in a unique way.

It is literally call after call after call. I understand that is what I signed up for, but the use of after call work is not allowed and honestly here and there it's nice to just take a breather.

The system in place to ask a question is absurd. In lieu of explaining a situation to a senior representative, you chat while the customer is just waiting on the phone. It's really not efficient.

It's literally 8 hours of the same phone call "my Netflix doesn't work" and me giving the same response. I am bored as sin!

They are very transparent that you shouldn't expect a promotion for a significant amount of time.

Advice to Management

Fix the escalation process, it's really backwards. Also, be consistent enforcing the attendance policy. Six sick days a year is insane, even for high performers. But thanks for the transparency from the get.

"Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Netflix
    Cafe on sight, moderately priced
    Free coffee and peanut m&m's
    Good health and dental benefits
    Very transparent
    No dress code (using good judgement)
    You can flex your on the clock breaks
    Pay is above market

Cons

Attendance policy is strict
    Little room for advancement
    Calls from very uneducated and slow people needing help with their Netflix
    Not much room for shift changing to earlier shifts (only night shifts available)
    It's "not scripted" although there are many things you must do verbatim
    Calls are very repetitious

"As call centers go, it's pretty awful"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros, everything that made me like the job was a blatant lie. Has health insurance so that's something.

Cons

The work is monotonous and draining. The chat team was dissolved, and then they shifted my hours to meet 'business needs' which took away the last bit of faith I had that they care about the employee. Supposedly you can choose from set shifts, but the time you pick is randomly assigned, meaning if you're randomly assigned to pick last, then there are no good options left. Could also mean that you work there for 2.5 years like my coworker and never get to have a weekend day off.
    In training they told us over and over again that top performers were promoted within 3 to 6 months but there have literally been no opportunities. They said numbers didn't matter, they promised unlimited time off, and a whole host of other perks. That has all been blatantly false, the entire job is a numbers game, you sit glued to your desk waiting for a coaching or meeting to break up the nightmare of the day but those keep getting pushed off to the future, which never happens. Unlimited time off was taken away, and you could be fired for a whole host of silly reasons, I myself have seen multiple coworkers walked off the floor for minor infractions, and the new policy of only 3 tardies (which could be 1 minute late) per YEAR is punitive. Even the free drinks are slowly being taken away, we have stupid lemon water options now or espresso, which I can't drink. This job has given me anxiety, I am actively looking for a different job and will quit the moment I'm able.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees, hire enough people so that you're not glued to the phone with back to back calls all day, promote an option of breaking up the work day instead of sitting stuck in the cubicle. You can't even take personal time for crying out loud, you get in trouble for needing to take a 2 minute bathroom break outside your schedued break time. Ive never had a job that so horrendously micromanages time to be sure you're getting every last second of work from the employee. Actually be truthful about advancement opportunities. I was told CRS2 would be avaliable August of 2016, that got pushed to January of 2017, then March of 2017, and now maybe 6 months into the future. That's ridiculous, and it has created a dead end job culture that there feels like no escaping from.

9. "It was a job..."

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Free Movies and great environment.

Cons

your truly were better off staying average. If you were good you got promoted then fired. If you were bad you just got fired

Advice to Management

Find incentives for people to excel!

"Worst Supervisor Ever!!"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, good benefits, nice coworkers

Cons

Everything depends on your Supervisor, if you get the wrong one they will be condescending, demean you, micromanage you and fire you for no logical reason. No explanation, no exit interview, nothing in writing. I had the most unprofessional Supervisor I have ever met.

Advice to Management

Please research why a person was fired. Don't trust your call center Management. They will fire reps for nothing. This could cause possible lawsuits in the future.