Netflix Reviews | Glassdoor

Netflix Reviews

Updated February 19, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
Cons
  • you will see people you like let go because they weren't the right fit for their role (in 48 reviews)

• Finance lives in a culture of fear (in 21 reviews)

"good company - great benefits"

Pros

The pay is great compared to other companies in the valley, the benefits are awesome and they have 401k match.

Cons

Nobody is on the same page.

Advice to Management

Get your management styles aligned, you'll receive information from one person that clashes with another.

"Great, but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

lots of freedom and responsibilities - no managers breathing down your neck, culture that creates opportunities for you to do innovative work;

Cons

there ain't no 40 hours weeks

"Supervisor"

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job pays well, some peers are brilliant, talented, and fantastic to work with. There is quite a bit of autonomy and the freedom to develop your teams as you see fit.

Cons

NetflixCS is young and the leadership team is not open to new ideas. Management quickly shifts its priorities and it does not seem there is a clear direction for where the company is heading.

Advice to Management

Stop killing the passion of your employees by shutting them down and find ways engage that passion into a specific direction aligned with the priorities of the company. Have a direction and coach and develop your talent.

"A culture of high performance can be daunting for some, but worth it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High performance environment - you're given a huge amount of responsibility and ownership to drive your work. You're able to see the direct impact you're making to the company, as a result.

The company is incredibly transparent -- everyone in the company, no matter the "level," could tell you our business direction.

Stunning colleagues. High bar for hiring, so you're working amongst smart, driven, and passionate folks.

Cons

High-performance environment -- expectations are high and you run full-speed, most of the time.
    Not the right kind of environment for everyone.

"Great company. Super high performers and smart people."

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great. You work with highly motivated, driven people that are all trying to be their best. In my experience all peers are very willing to share best practices and help you be better as well.
    Benefits are great and work life balance is a real thing. Positivity is part of the culture which is infections.
    If you've ever worked for a company where you see a peer not doing much and not being held accountable for driving success those type of people will not make it which in my book is great. Accountability happens here.
    Freedom to be you and manage with your own sense of style as long as you are managing within their values.

Cons

Periodically you come across super competitive peers that may be stand offish for fear of sharing or getting to close to you because they want a position that you want. That competition is fierce when applying for new roles but it doesn't describe the majority of the workforce.
    Due to constantly challenging yourself and expectations to continue to be high performers you can leave mentally exhausted on a daily basis.

"No more love for NF"

Pros

Free Starbucks and snacks. Free Netflix

Cons

Everyone starts at the same hourly pay even if you have experience. The management says they are big on feedback but they will use it against you. Netflix manages on a "do as I say not as I do" philosophy. Managers are the only ones allowed cell phones and pens, employees are not. Training doesn't prepare you for the actual job. I was a Netflix customer from day one which is why I wanted to work for them and after being an employee I wouldn't recommend them as a employer or as a customer. Will leave as soon as another job is secured.

Advice to Management

Pre screen employees better so you can treat the employees like adults rather than toddlers who can't be trusted. Stop hiring TSR's based on seniority but on skill.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

Meals provided and snacks; which is awesome since we are constantly working.
    Flexible.

Cons

Culture deck is whack. Freedom of responsibility is whack. A lot of favoritism is practiced and communication amongst team does not exist. Management does not communicate on changes only to secure job security.
    Always have to watch your back, two faced monsters

Advice to Management

Need to listen to all employees, not just management.

"Great experience"

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Great company, great culture - they live it

Cons

High performance required to be successful

10. "Cool experience"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Fremont, CA
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Netflix as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food
    Friendly people
    Minimal drama
    Easy tasks

Cons

Contract only for the first 6 months
    Was told $5 increase after 6 months, it's only $2

"Very disappointed, HR is a joke."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative-voice in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative-voice in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benifits start fast, free netflix

Cons

I was looking for a carrer and my just a job but this is clearly not going to be it 1. Benefits don't really cover much, 2. HR coordinators are a freaking joke. I am on short term disability due to pregnancy complications. I was extremely active and fast about getting all the management I needed involved so there wasn't any I didn't knows down the line. My doctor has suggested my return date to be September 1st based on my exams. I've been very diligent in updating the HR coordinator over leaves about what's going on after each appointment, to which I rarely get a response. Then a few weeks after my last check up email that I sent to this HR Coordinator I get a response that's basically threatening my position as I'm not getting better fast enough, demanding I bring in proof of extention by the end of the week. I have no problem with providing documentation for them. I do have an issue with when I ask a HR Coordinator if they have a fax number that I could send this to as traveling is a bit difficult for me at the moment or when I ask about the process of maternity leave I get a three sentence email basically saying I don't know and text me if you have questions. Then when I email saying I'm unfortunately phoneless at the moment til I can get it repaired can I just email. I get no response at all! They say they care, they don't. They treat you like you're lying about everything. They are extremely pushy and have no communication together. I have no doubt she's trying to fire me as with every email she makes it harder for me to comply to her requests. They also refuse to work with scheduling and always have negative feedback. I am a great agent and found the calls to be easy, however due to their pushy you aren't like us or good enough ways I have feared for my job since the second week of training. For example I was couched because my reassure statement had the word absolutely on three calls.

Advice to Management

Fix your HR department, this isn't high school. Communication is a must, the lying needs to stop.