Netflix Reviews | Glassdoor

"Not good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, time off, some nice people...

Cons

Random firings, no job security, arrogant management, long hours, etc.

Advice to Management

Get yourself grounded.

"Bait and switch"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't looking to change jobs, Netflix found me and offered me a very generous salary and relocation to leave my employer. I loved my job but it only lasted 4 months after they hired someone from another big company and he wanted to bring in his own team. I was still in corporate housing when they let me go. They said the new manager didn't have chemistry with me but I had only met with him twice and he had only been working there for two weeks before he decided to let me go over said "chemistry". The new guy was very unprofessional and treated me in ways that do not align with the Netflix culture. I talked to the VP that hired me and he said he was very sorry and that I had done nothing wrong and didn't need to change a thing but that he had to support this other guy in his decision. I wish things would've worked out different but I did enjoyed my time while there.

Cons

You can be let go without warning based on very little substance to support it. They have many reasons they can let you go but they never talk about the unjustified reasons. Think twice about relocating for them.

Advice to Management

Don't seek talent out and then let them go over an opinion of someone that has only been there for two weeks.

"Suck ups go far"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, lots of swag and watching TV while you work.

Cons

Favoritism gets you everywhere! Performance doesn't matter as much as kissing supervisor behind. They aren't EOE like they claim, if you get on their radar they'll nit pick looking for any reason to let you go. People disappear and are never spoken of again. You're treated like a drone.

Advice to Management

Hire supervisors that reward good performance and not the personalities they gravitate toward.

"Culture of fear, very political"

Former Employee - Digital Account Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Account Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

- Pay top of market
    - Catered lunches

Cons

- Culture deck not true in all departments, department heads/middle management are not consistent
    - Intense fear-driven culture, must be political to find success/happiness, cannot trust your colleagues/managers
    - Limited growth within your role and within the organization
    - They have created robotic positions so you are simply a part of an assembly line

Advice to Management

Rewrite the culture deck to accurately represent life within the organization or work to transform the company culture to what you commit to on paper

"No"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Netflix (Less than a year)

Pros

Same amount of hours on paycheck each week .

Cons

Bullying upper management was the worst a lot of games played , way to many ways to be let go by just coming to work , Didn't enjoy my experience, no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Grow up , learn how to treat people .

"Unprofessional Practices"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

No pros working for this company

Cons

I got hired on with a start date of December 4th, then on November 30th received an email telling me they were going with others more qualified. Based on my experience they probably overhired and then decided too late to cancel the training class. I hope not too many people turned down other jobs to work here only to hear they were no longer needed.

Advice to Management

Do not overhire and then tell people 4 days before they are to start that they no longer have a job.

"Treated like a GrownUp?"

Pros

A very nice building in Beverly Hills.

Cons

If you interviewed with Netflix and didn't get the job, be happy. Boredom and fear are the only feelings around. You will walk in every single day fearing that it's your last day there, no matter who you are, contractor or full time. It's not worth it. The pressure, the anxiety, the fear. They have been massively hiring and now they are firing, for no reason. Well, from what I have seen it's either because they thought they needed you but they really don't, or because you are about to become too expensive after roughly 2-4 months with health insurance etc..The bottom line is you are not treated like a grown up but just as a tool and management is completely useless.

Advice to Management

Don't hire someone unless you really need him/her. That person who you hired and fired has probably turned down another good job offer at another company that now is no longer on the table.

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Free Netflix, friendly coworkers, good pay

Cons

Management expects unrealistic hours to work, schedule changes every 3-4 weeks, management is rude and two faced.

"Freedom and....?"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organic juices and couple of non-Gmo Snacks. But all the rest is GMO.

Cons

Contractors are used, abused, kicked to the curb and finally fired. The company takes no responsibility whats so ever for all the people who are inevitably loosing or will loose their job in a matter of very few months or in the worst case scenario, right before health insurance is about to kick in. There is no such thing as "high performance". The company just uses and abuses, hire and fire, really talented people found by a random staffing agency that will promise you 6 months+. Netflix prefers to hire full time "likable" people only, not skilled people. Upper management simply micro manages every little baby step you are allowed to take, yet full time peers will bash you and take you down until you are fired. The company will not fire people that have been working there for a while even though they cannot keep up with the company growth. Full time peers with less skills, less education, and less valuable experience will clearly tell you to back off and will stab you in the back until you are gone, since you represent a threat to them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing....and do expect a class action from contractors.

"Not worth the pay..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Denver, CO

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is high energy and the people are very friendly. They have a lot of games and videos, as well as devices to occupy your free time. It is extremely DIFFICULT to get fired. Which means that if you do get fired then you SERIOUSLY and imaginably screwed up.

Cons

Your base PAY as of 2014-2015, as you are contracted out and paid by 24/7 is at the most 12.00 an HOUR! I do not know how Glassdoor came up with $15.

You are verbally abused everyday by the customer. The technology and the Knowledge base can chance on you, so you need to be extremely adaptable.

If someone starts calling you names, you can not hang up and you can not make outbound calls.

You are held to metrics and those standards are extremely difficult to maintain unless you have been working in a call center for 5 years. If you do not perform you will be written up.

One of those metrics is your call back rate, handle time (less than 5 and 1/2 minutes) and DSAT's (less than 4%) which translates into 1 NO in the survey.

Attendance is non-negotiable. I was sick for 9 weeks (I had my voice for less than 25% of the time) and I even brought in a doctors note explaining my situation and I STILL got written up.

They have shift bids, which means that every 6 months you can bid for a new shift. If your metrics are mediocre or bad, then you will be moved to what every shift they give you. Most places try to put you in shift according to your requests and needs. This is not that place. You can bison your own shift...and possibly keep it. My call center lost half of their work force due to the previous shift bid. They said they were going to try and change it to make it more "fair", but when I left, they can completely removed my shift time.

They did NOT tell me about shift bids when they hired me.

If you try for CSR 2 and don't meet the standard by day 90, you will lose your job. You do not go back to CSR 1 or given another chance.

iF YOU want to TRADE, then the person you trade with has to be approved by your team lead and theirs...and vise versa. I switched shifts with someone else, I put up 3 people before I found someone acceptable. The shift took 3 months to process due to a lack of organization.

If you do not mind being a punching bag, emotionally and verbally...then this is the job for you!

Advice to Management

Better and longer training.