Netflix Reviews | Glassdoor

Netflix Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • you will see people you like let go because they weren't the right fit for their role (in 48 reviews)

• Finance lives in a culture of fear (in 21 reviews)

"Would have been excellent with a different supervisor."

Former Employee - CSR-1 in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - CSR-1 in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's incredibly easy work. Good pay, requires a fair amount of patience and people skills.
    Free m&m's and a drink dispensers, cool cafeteria for a call center.

Cons

In my time of working for NetflixCS, I was stressed mentally and physically, they use losing your job against you in every single humanly mishap that could happen, emergency with the kids? Not excusable or ability to have excusal by reasonable cause, they literally tell you after the first time that your job will be on the line if you are so much as 5 minutes late again. Get something a little mixed up on the knowledge base? You're on thin ice. I feel as if I started feeling this way once they had moved me to a new team. This "supervisor" was bossy, not a leader. Raised her voice and talked to few on the team like children. They were smart and switched teams after a few occurrences of her demonstrating her work ethic. I decided, I can change my schedule soon I don't want to make a fuss, so I stayed next thing I know I'm one of the leaders on the team we had a coaching and all she did for the first time ever was acknowledge my hard work, I was proud. After all the fear of f'ing up and losing my job I realized I could relax. A week later I was fired because I had to miss 1 day because my 2 year old daughter had strep, mind you this, my sup was constantly late or leaving early for non emergency type situations, was constantly on her phone on the call floor, for non work related types of things such as looking through social media and online shopping, there is an example of blatant favoritism. I knew people who missed much more time than I had, and had never even been spoken too, or threatened. I would take this to hr but as my sup said when terming me, the decision is final and I will not longer be working at Netflix customer service.

Advice to Management

You really need to review how your employees feel with their supervisors. If you want the ACE you have to be fair and flexible with your employees concerns. You lost a very good, and determined employee because of poor placement and no flexibility with attendance, considering there was never PTO available or sick days. Even others employees at the site did not understand why I was fired. That's something to think about. I know I'm not the only one from this specific team that feels the same way.

"It's alright"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Lots of fun people.
    Relaxed atmosphere.
    Pick your own schedule is great
    Unlimited unpaid time off is good if you can get it scheduled, not so great for last minute emergencies.
    Attendence bonus just for showing up to work on time
    OMs are great and always willing to talk

Cons

Got rid of the grave shift. Not always the clearest expectations from management. Expectations vary wildly from manager to manager. If there's an issue with who your manager is (your personalities clash etc) no one cares

Advice to Management

Get on the same page with what you want to see from employees. It's hard to be at your best when you're shifted to a new manager every few weeks and each manager has a completely different style.

3. "Slow moving company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great workload and benefits. Get holidays off and awesome teamwork

Cons

Not much to move up in the company

Advice to Management

More remote opportunities

"Very disappointed, HR is a joke."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative-voice in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative-voice in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benifits start fast, free netflix

Cons

I was looking for a carrer and my just a job but this is clearly not going to be it 1. Benefits don't really cover much, 2. HR coordinators are a freaking joke. I am on short term disability due to pregnancy complications. I was extremely active and fast about getting all the management I needed involved so there wasn't any I didn't knows down the line. My doctor has suggested my return date to be September 1st based on my exams. I've been very diligent in updating the HR coordinator over leaves about what's going on after each appointment, to which I rarely get a response. Then a few weeks after my last check up email that I sent to this HR Coordinator I get a response that's basically threatening my position as I'm not getting better fast enough, demanding I bring in proof of extention by the end of the week. I have no problem with providing documentation for them. I do have an issue with when I ask a HR Coordinator if they have a fax number that I could send this to as traveling is a bit difficult for me at the moment or when I ask about the process of maternity leave I get a three sentence email basically saying I don't know and text me if you have questions. Then when I email saying I'm unfortunately phoneless at the moment til I can get it repaired can I just email. I get no response at all! They say they care, they don't. They treat you like you're lying about everything. They are extremely pushy and have no communication together. I have no doubt she's trying to fire me as with every email she makes it harder for me to comply to her requests. They also refuse to work with scheduling and always have negative feedback. I am a great agent and found the calls to be easy, however due to their pushy you aren't like us or good enough ways I have feared for my job since the second week of training. For example I was couched because my reassure statement had the word absolutely on three calls.

Advice to Management

Fix your HR department, this isn't high school. Communication is a must, the lying needs to stop.

"Exciting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation,Perks,401k Match , winning in their market

Cons

No cons as of now. keep up the good work

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Worst management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Netflix itself is awesome. Who wouldn't want to work there right? Free coffee, cheap awesome meals, rad break room, awesome coworkers, you can choose your own breaks.

Cons

Netflix is probably one of the worst places I've worked, and that's saying something. They give you a guideline saying you follow things as it goes and you don't have a script. Yet when you're not understanding something completely, instead of helping you and showing you how to do it..they lecture you and expect you to get it right. When you ask "what is the right way to do it?" They say there is no right way. (but there definitely is a wrong way!) If you don't get it right after the lecture they just fire you.

Advice to Management

Management needs to change everything and start from scratch, they need to help people who don't understand and give them time to show they are trying. Everyone makes mistakes and can grow and you don't understand this concept at all even though you claim this whole "fail well" thing. You don't help anyone, you just get rid of them and find someone else, and that does not look well.

"Best Call Center Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix (Less than a year)

Pros

If you work well in a call center, it is fantastic! Very upbeat and fun environment. The training was great and not too difficult. There's more freedom for personal expression. There is a dress code, but it is nowhere near as restrictive as other call centers. They want real people, not people who just follow a script all day, every day. Plus you get free Netflix!

Cons

Customer service is hard. It's not for the faint of heart.

"Not all its made out to be"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was really upbeat and motivating ! Most of the people there are really laid back and fun to work with . Good Benifits and pay and free drinks and snacks .

Cons

Time off requests , if you beat everyone to the punch you're fine if not good luck getting the days off you want, even if it's a date far out . I can't speak for everyone else's supervisors , but mine was horrible . The reason I left the company, ignored and dismissed complaints of a coworker harrassing me. Played a huge role in work politics , talked bad about his subordinates and his uppers freely. My work environment was very uncomfortable even more so after I expressed my concerns to my supervisor .

Advice to Management

Keep a closer eye on how supervisors conduct themselves, and handle complaints . I was not the only one with issues with this particular supervisor .

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Tier III in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Tier III in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stunning colleagues, catered lunch, healthy snacks/drinks, great pay and benefits.

Cons

Every job has its cons, but if you are doing something you love, the little stuff won't matter.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

"Amazing Place!"

Former Employee - TSR in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - TSR in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, lots of PTO, insurance was affordable, on-site cafeteria, awesome coworkers, great managers

Cons

Being a team of about 50 people supporting the entire globe of customer service sites, the schedules weren't always the greatest. Weird days off, swing/graves shifts, shift bids. But it rotates every few months to make things fair. Also it was hard to get weekend days off.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to make the scheduling more pleasing, but other than that, nothing to complain about.