Netflix Reviews | Glassdoor

Netflix Reviews

Updated July 5, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Customer Care Representative I"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Unlimited overtime
    - Snacks in the break room
    - Fast moving
    - Meeting a lot of new people
    - $14/hr for no education required
    - Benefits

Cons

- Incredibly high turnover of employees. Rather than investing in training, they just hired large swathes of people and then fired the ones that they didn't like.
    - A lot of burn out. People getting overworked was very common. On my first week there a girl burst into tears, ran out of the building, and didn't come back.
    - Completely unrealistic expectations on calls. For example: 97% of callers have to rate you positively at the end of the call; the call needs to be under 3.5 minutes; you cannot transfer more than X amount to a supervisor; you have to keep the replacement CDs you send under X amount
    - Everything, from the time you spent in the restroom, to the time you spent on a certain type of call, is broken down to the second and charted
    - Honestly the most hostile environment I have ever been in. I went in every day thinking I would be fired. After 1 year and 1 month of working there (generally 50+ hours a week), I got fired for burnout.

Advice to Management

Relax a little bit. This was a toxic environment. I went through 6 supervisors during the time I was there, including a month and a half of no supervisor at all. And I was only there 13 months!

"Worst place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Maybe the pay but I received a better offer from my current employer.

Cons

Political, bureaucratic, catty, micro-managing environment. Inexperienced management. No growth opportunities. Absolutely zero work life balance. Please do yourself a favor and listen to the other reviews on here and work literally anywhere else.

"I didn't like it to much"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

Fun environment if you are young

Cons

Hours, people, survey, they tell you they don't car about your outside life

Advice to Management

Hire more mature people

"Horrible working conditions"

Pros

The free account was pretty good.

Cons

Managment has no idea what they are doing!

Advice to Management

Get a clue

"No Job security. Poor Management!"

Former Employee - Senior Position in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Position in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay. Benefits and perks. Catered Food.

Cons

No proper training. No room for error or else you will get fired culture. Politics. Arrogant Managers.
    I worked at Netflix for almost 5 years and I've always had great feedback during 360 reviews except for 1 person. That person who was new to the company gave me a bad review last year and that's the reason I lost my job. My manager made that review as a back-up to lay me off and totally lied that I am no longer fit for the job. Feeling betrayed and unjustly fired.

Advice to Management

Be aware.. What goes around comes around!

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Netflix (8 DVD plan + streaming), benefits, time off policies.

Cons

They treat you like a "Number" instead of a person, definitely need a "thick skin" for this job, Expect to work odd hours if you don't have seniority for choosing shifts.

"Not a great place to work"

Pros

Compensation was good. That's about it.

Cons

Management is horrible. Bumbling idiots. They only know two ways to address a problem. Write an algorithm or fire people. It's a culture of firing.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good "brand" for your resume, I guess. Outsiders will be impressed, if only because the PR machine has been in overdrive convincing people that this is still an innovative company. But a stock price bubble does not equal innovation.

Cons

Most of the honest reviews on here (meaning those not written by HR) have already covered it, but it's a terrible place to work - a pressure-cooker environment full of overpaid but insecure bosses who manage through fear and intimidation. Crazy high turnover in every group, lots of good people getting pushed out all the time by their managers. Then those people are blamed and insulted once they're gone and unable to defend themselves. The company also stopped innovating long ago. The salary, though substantial, is not worth it, especially when you see the C-level insiders routinely cashing out millions in shares like thieves in the night. Hmmm, what do they know that everyone else doesn't? Look elsewhere - there are many other more humane, ethical, and socially rewarding places to get paid well...like Wall Street.

Advice to Management

Keep selling as many shares as possible before the Wall Street lemmings finally figure you guys out. You have done a great job of this so far.

"Excessive Turn-over, Work Mobbing, Culture of Fear, Corporate BS at it's FINEST"

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay. that's it. but it will feel like dirty money. after you've been here long enough (although evident to me right after I started...) you will wish you never started here because it will suck away your life and soul... the money won't matter. Oh... this was Pros. crap.

Cons

everything. insecure people. arrogance. letting go of people completely arbitrarily. using the annual 360 reviews as a harmless way for peer- reviews; then using those peer reviews as evidence... just as an FYI when you get a team of overpaid, untalented, bored people writing peer reviews it's an incubator for workplace mobbing (look it up) which happens ALL the time. Every week there are at least 1, if not 2 or 3 emails that go around about a team reorganization because someone was let go. When those people are your close colleagues you've successfully worked with; it's completely gross to have to accept their departure while you hang on. It wears on your soul. and, before you know it you HOPE you are let go.

Advice to Management

start a training program. stop thinking the world revolves around the bottom line. Care about your employees and stop treating them so poorly.

"Miserable"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting wage was decent and the weekly pay (through the temp agency) made budgeting easy.
    Subscription perks were a feature (free discs and streaming, max package).

Cons

Being lied to about converting from temp employees to actual Netflix employees, having the conversion scheduled then canceled, not willing to take into account the general unhappiness of the customer and thus terminating good employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and follow through on your promises.