Netflix Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"good company - great benefits"

Pros

The pay is great compared to other companies in the valley, the benefits are awesome and they have 401k match.

Cons

Nobody is on the same page.

Advice to Management

Get your management styles aligned, you'll receive information from one person that clashes with another.

"Good short term job"

Former Employee - Agent
    Former Employee - Agent

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Can be a fun environment free m&m's and idea of the culture they want to create is nice.

Cons

Like previously stated the culture is just an idea. They push on being transparent but they themselves do not follow that. Any time off is a joke. There is not time available to be approved for PTO you get left with the option on calling it in, in turn get punished. Management can be very unprofessional with how they speak to their employees. Culture and values are very clear and are open to what is expected as far as actually following it themselves not so much.

Advice to Management

More training as management should be expected to have more knowledge than agents.

"A culture of high performance can be daunting for some, but worth it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High performance environment - you're given a huge amount of responsibility and ownership to drive your work. You're able to see the direct impact you're making to the company, as a result.

The company is incredibly transparent -- everyone in the company, no matter the "level," could tell you our business direction.

Stunning colleagues. High bar for hiring, so you're working amongst smart, driven, and passionate folks.

Cons

High-performance environment -- expectations are high and you run full-speed, most of the time.
    Not the right kind of environment for everyone.

"Great company. Super high performers and smart people."

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great. You work with highly motivated, driven people that are all trying to be their best. In my experience all peers are very willing to share best practices and help you be better as well.
    Benefits are great and work life balance is a real thing. Positivity is part of the culture which is infections.
    If you've ever worked for a company where you see a peer not doing much and not being held accountable for driving success those type of people will not make it which in my book is great. Accountability happens here.
    Freedom to be you and manage with your own sense of style as long as you are managing within their values.

Cons

Periodically you come across super competitive peers that may be stand offish for fear of sharing or getting to close to you because they want a position that you want. That competition is fierce when applying for new roles but it doesn't describe the majority of the workforce.
    Due to constantly challenging yourself and expectations to continue to be high performers you can leave mentally exhausted on a daily basis.

"Great people and culture"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- High density of smart, talented people
    - High pay
    - Transparent approach to policy

Cons

- Little bit of a kool-aid atmosphere at times

"No more love for NF"

Pros

Free Starbucks and snacks. Free Netflix

Cons

Everyone starts at the same hourly pay even if you have experience. The management says they are big on feedback but they will use it against you. Netflix manages on a "do as I say not as I do" philosophy. Managers are the only ones allowed cell phones and pens, employees are not. Training doesn't prepare you for the actual job. I was a Netflix customer from day one which is why I wanted to work for them and after being an employee I wouldn't recommend them as a employer or as a customer. Will leave as soon as another job is secured.

Advice to Management

Pre screen employees better so you can treat the employees like adults rather than toddlers who can't be trusted. Stop hiring TSR's based on seniority but on skill.

"Needs a lot of improvement"

Pros

Great benefits, great dental, awesome Co workers and theyve put a good bit of money on making the cafeteria and building nice.

Cons

Well, where to start.... Management all have different expectatiins and different styles. You can be the star of one team, switch teams, and be given warnings. No one Is in the same page. Their attendance policy is not followed well by management Or Hr. I was told I could take a day off by Hr after a certain date with no issue. So a few days after the date I was given I took the day off that I desperately needed and was fired next day. No prior warnings or attendance issues. Hr gave me the OK and then are the ones that fired me. I think that days a lot about how well this place rubs.

Advice to Management

Be clear and Honest with your expectations. Sure, we live in a right to work state but you'll quickly become another convergys the way you handle situations and treat employees. Also, get everyone on the same page. Aht, dsat and verbiage should be have a pretty universal expectation between all sups. But that simply is not the case.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

Meals provided and snacks; which is awesome since we are constantly working.
    Flexible.

Cons

Culture deck is whack. Freedom of responsibility is whack. A lot of favoritism is practiced and communication amongst team does not exist. Management does not communicate on changes only to secure job security.
    Always have to watch your back, two faced monsters

Advice to Management

Need to listen to all employees, not just management.

"Would have been excellent with a different supervisor."

Former Employee - CSR-1 in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - CSR-1 in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's incredibly easy work. Good pay, requires a fair amount of patience and people skills.
    Free m&m's and a drink dispensers, cool cafeteria for a call center.

Cons

In my time of working for NetflixCS, I was stressed mentally and physically, they use losing your job against you in every single humanly mishap that could happen, emergency with the kids? Not excusable or ability to have excusal by reasonable cause, they literally tell you after the first time that your job will be on the line if you are so much as 5 minutes late again. Get something a little mixed up on the knowledge base? You're on thin ice. I feel as if I started feeling this way once they had moved me to a new team. This "supervisor" was bossy, not a leader. Raised her voice and talked to few on the team like children. They were smart and switched teams after a few occurrences of her demonstrating her work ethic. I decided, I can change my schedule soon I don't want to make a fuss, so I stayed next thing I know I'm one of the leaders on the team we had a coaching and all she did for the first time ever was acknowledge my hard work, I was proud. After all the fear of f'ing up and losing my job I realized I could relax. A week later I was fired because I had to miss 1 day because my 2 year old daughter had strep, mind you this, my sup was constantly late or leaving early for non emergency type situations, was constantly on her phone on the call floor, for non work related types of things such as looking through social media and online shopping, there is an example of blatant favoritism. I knew people who missed much more time than I had, and had never even been spoken too, or threatened. I would take this to hr but as my sup said when terming me, the decision is final and I will not longer be working at Netflix customer service.

Advice to Management

You really need to review how your employees feel with their supervisors. If you want the ACE you have to be fair and flexible with your employees concerns. You lost a very good, and determined employee because of poor placement and no flexibility with attendance, considering there was never PTO available or sick days. Even others employees at the site did not understand why I was fired. That's something to think about. I know I'm not the only one from this specific team that feels the same way.

"Will fire without warning"

Pros

I actually didn't mind working there, the atmosphere is great and for the most part the people are really nice. It is still a call center so of course that won't be for everybody but they try to make up for it with benefits, pay and free food and drinks while at work.

Cons

My husband and I used to work there, we both have some medical issues and were working with HR to get accommodation for that since we can't always work 40 hours a week. We had all the paperwork set up with them and had everything figured out, the paperwork was supposedly supposed to protect our jobs when we had to miss work because of that condition. Then one day they CALLED both of us, called, they waited for a day we weren't working and then called rather than bring us in in person which I thought was low, and then they fired us both on the same day saying that it was for attendance purposes and that they had given us warnings. Both my husband and I were shocked because we had been working with HR all this time and thought it had been taken care of and was going to be ok. We didn't get any warning whatsoever, every time we met with HR they would just say make sure to get the paperwork in, make sure you're here when you're supposed to or we might have to "separate employment", but we never got any formal warning, or anything to indicate, hey we're really close to firing you or anything like that. It just really sucked.

Advice to Management

Implement a point system for corrective action. Give people verbal warnings, written warnings etc just so that people know where they stand and don't just assume that they are ok and then just get fired without knowing.