Netflix Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Reed Hastings

"Good benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

While individual management varied, overall the experience was a positive one.

Cons

Some management and HR personnel clearly did not support all staff.

Netflix2019-08-02

"Stimulating, energetic environment"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Culture, Feedback driven, and test, learn share environment

Cons

Social relationships influencing management decisions instead of relying on individual merit and qualifications

Advice to Management

Diversity of thought

Netflix2019-12-03

"Loved the culture and the people"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Great pay Amazing people Culture and Values were everything and made this a safe environment for all

Cons

None honestly come to my mind

Netflix2019-07-29
  4. "Technical Research Supervisor"

Former Employee - Technical Research Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great company, good benefits, amazing people and culture

Cons

HR can sometimes be a wall that you beat your head on

Netflix2018-12-24

"Bringing the worst of tech culture to a call center"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, cool office. Free coffee.

Cons

Toxic culture. Tech culture at its worst. Management more interested in the next big idea than actually following through on a current plan.

Netflix2018-08-31
  6. "Ok experience"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Pay, peers, training, tools and teams

Cons

Complete lack of employee respect. Anyone can be let go at anytime.

Advice to Management

Remember you employee people not robots

Netflix2018-07-17

"Just blown away, I am Michael Jordan and you chose Sam Bowie. Never will have another like me. Run !"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and my peers. I loved my direct reports and they performed at a very high level. Low good attrition because they loved coming in every day. CSR'S are the most important part of any call center, I still get messages from past employees that are miserable there. Working hard for them, priceless and so rewarding. Still get messages from my first leadership job, wireless co. that rhythms with horizon wanting me back.. see the trend!

Cons

Approved FMLA was frowned upon, illegal but NetflixCS NOT NETFLIX (totaly separate companies) didn't care. They chose Utah because it's a right to hire/right to fire state. Worst location and facility, cheap equipmment and desks. Lesser companys that thought location may be important are all along UTA trax or frontrunner railways. Om never observed a coaching in final 7 months and was let go not for performance but for adjusting, not changing coaching logs. Coaching was wrote same but what Csr had to do was same and crystal clear. Wife has degree in English Communication and proof read my work. A+ ☆☆☆ writing. 0

Advice to Management

I opened the center, top 2 in 0overall stats 2015 & 2016 and my team loved me. Was not a yes man, was and always will be honest man. Was overpaid, told them first thing. Was told I changed coaching without rep in coaching with me, not actually changed just rewrote same thing but l with help of English grammar pro. I was never Netflix leadership trained and this0 was in leadership training to change coaching without csr present. How would i know without training? 0BPO'S have better structure and the first Supervisor hired begged me to not tell you be lied on resume, no leadership experience. Michigan fan, liar and still there along with many yes man. I was Verizon Trained in leadership, A++ and award winning training on all aspects of management. Still have emails of praise from Senior ops from Netflix Om's and led a 22 person team 3 months and it was 2nd overall in stats. It was because I cast the large shadow of a leader who could move mountains with my coaching, feedback and motivation. I came to you before FMLA, you approved my leave but let me go. Unheard of in any business. Ask my time off was approved and I was protected federally in my time off. It is the job of the company to get support to team while I was out. I still never had that leadership training to teach me not to Change coaching log (said same thing in log of what csr needed to do) without the csr present. CSR didn't even notice change, it was grammar and verbiage update of the same coaching recommendation. Remember giving me lower bowl Jazz tickets 2x for performance? Performance still high when using Federal Medical Leave Act insurance and still let go. Reading all the reviews left here are a clear direction of poor structure, internal training and bottom to top processes that produce consistency and values. Changing values, policy's monthly create chaos. Convergys has higher employee satisfaction and where I work now is best in state company to work for 2 years in row - Thumbtack! I make less but who cares, integrity means something. Try it sometime.. and still think you committed federal crime by letting someone go with approved FMLA.

Netflix2017-02-22

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job pays well, some peers are brilliant, talented, and fantastic to work with. There is quite a bit of autonomy and the freedom to develop your teams as you see fit.

Cons

NetflixCS is young and the leadership team is not open to new ideas. Management quickly shifts its priorities and it does not seem there is a clear direction for where the company is heading.

Advice to Management

Stop killing the passion of your employees by shutting them down and find ways engage that passion into a specific direction aligned with the priorities of the company. Have a direction and coach and develop your talent.

Netflix2016-10-13

"Great company. Super high performers and smart people."

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is great. You work with highly motivated, driven people that are all trying to be their best. In my experience all peers are very willing to share best practices and help you be better as well. Benefits are great and work life balance is a real thing. Positivity is part of the culture which is infections. If you've ever worked for a company where you see a peer not doing much and not being held accountable for driving success those type of people will not make it which in my book is great. Accountability happens here. Freedom to be you and manage with your own sense of style as long as you are managing within their values.

Cons

Periodically you come across super competitive peers that may be stand offish for fear of sharing or getting to close to you because they want a position that you want. That competition is fierce when applying for new roles but it doesn't describe the majority of the workforce. Due to constantly challenging yourself and expectations to continue to be high performers you can leave mentally exhausted on a daily basis.

Netflix2016-08-27

"Utah call center is NOT Netflix Inc"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

High Pay Easy to get hired Tools work very well

Cons

EASY TO GET FIRED! Extremely high performance requirements with ineffective support by Supervisors and CSR2's. 100% responsibility for performance on teammate. Don't perform ( 95% satisfaction ) you can be fired within 3 weeks Netflix Inc advertises all sorts of benefits. ( unlimited vacation, parental leave, severance package if let go )... you will NOT have access to ANY of these benefits working for the SLC call center as it is actually " Netflix CS ( customer service ) and has no obligation to give you any of the company benefits Sounds great, but you will NOT get 90% of what you are promised I was Operations Supervisor and left because I was being forced to fire teammates unethically - Do not let the propaganda fool you, you can be fired any day, with no notice and no benefits

Netflix2015-08-13