Netflix "call center" Reviews | Glassdoor

Reed Hastings

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Steady income same amount every week biweekly ! Ability to work overtime , Experience gained .

Cons

No respect no breaks no justice, worked in the call center for almost a year, doesn't promote from within .

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees like people and not numbers

Netflix2014-09-21

"Challenging and rewarding Customer Service Job"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was extremely comparable to other call center jobs in the area. I found that success was completely individually based - essentially, if you wanted to do well you had to really focus your efforts on coming into work with a fresh attitude.

Cons

The call center environment makes you feel like you are "just a number" often. It is also difficult to be gauged how successful you are at your work based off of each individual you talk to (via surveys).

Netflix2014-04-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Amazingly, entertaining"

Current Employee - Floor Support in Portland, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, stock options, 401k, and they pay a decent wage for a call center.

Cons

The call volume can be very high at times and not allow much time for breathing between calls.

Netflix2014-04-23

"OK"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an OK environment to work in for a call center. Desk job, no personal electronic devices allowed while on shift (no cell phones, mp3 players, etc...), unlimited streaming plan with 8-out DVD/blu-ray plan, great co-workers and good system to get assistance with issues the rep does not know how to handle

Cons

Rude customers, reviews/performance based on customers opinions of you

Netflix2013-11-06

"Great Pressure High Pressure"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay for a customer service call center position was great and there were tons of overtime opportunities

Cons

High pressure to meet customer satisfaction goals

Advice to Management

Treat you employees like people and not a metric

Netflix2013-11-16

"High pay, but not worth it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Used to be top of market pay. No longer is, but still higher than average. Free Netflix account.

Cons

The Hillsboro call center is shrinking dramatically. Management puts as much spin on this as possible but the reality is, opportunities to advance do not exist. The "Netflix culture" is hyped constantly but is not actually practiced. You will survive if you can speak the buzz words fluently while shamelessly self-promoting yourself at all times and never questioning management. Everyone is under tremendous stress to protect their position for as long as possible. Success in Hillsboro depends not on the quality of your work but upon your ability to spin the truth and play politics.

Advice to Management

Management is not looking for advice.

Netflix2013-10-23
  8. "Great Pay, Little Security"

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Good pay for the work, and benefits.

Cons

Average call center. Very high turnover

Netflix2013-08-15

"Let us do our jobs!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment: Dress code very comfortable Decent wage: Beats the heck out of minimum wage Free account: as long as you are employed

Cons

Too much pressure on AHT. 5.5 minutes to relate, converse and fix issues. Not near enough. Tech team needs to get their act together. Can get 3 different answers to the same question. Need more positive reinforcement. Scare tactics make for constant turnover. 3rd party call center..attendance policy very strict

Advice to Management

Let us do our jobs! Stop confining us on time spent with the customer! We have many elderly customers who need more explanation for issues. DSat is stressed way too much. Back off on a few things..and watch that DSat drop! What is more important...a satisfied member..or how many calls we take a day.

Netflix2013-04-23

"Competitive Company with Opportunities for The MOST Ambitious"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

free food, and flexible scheduling is promoted, although in a call center, this schedule flexability is not really existent. Senior and Middle management try their best to be honest and forthcoming. If you want something you can ask anyone and they can probably get it for you if you work for it. Believe in promoting from within, and encouraging you.

Cons

truthfully, their open door policy on who's getting fired, or what changes are happening can be somewhat stressful at times. you don't feel a sense of job security. their feedback oriented management style just feels pressure-some. Netflix is a team. A sports team. an ambitious and cut throat team who will trade you off if they see you're not an asset any longer, rather than encourage you to move cross functionally.

Netflix2013-03-27

"Very good pay and they make you pay for it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good pay Free movies Popcorn Tools are pretty good for a call center Lots of parking since they keep firing anyone that works on DVD

Cons

Horrible benefits. You pay a lot for nothing. Don't be fooled by the extra allotment No vacation policy means no vacations. The managers and HR are always gone. Maybe they get vacation... In last 3 months all the good managers were fired or they work in california HR was a recruiter and hardly knows HR. Now that person runs the center and makes the decisions Outsourcers keep taking our calls and then they mess them up and transfer them to us instead of the survey. Then our DSAT goes up and then we get fired.

Advice to Management

Take care of the DVD business or shut it down. Stop making decisions based off what HR says.

Netflix2012-12-11