Netrix, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Donato

Pros
  • This environment is most definitely a fast paced sink or swim environment (in 6 reviews)

• A rapidly growing company that is constantly seeking new hires to keep up with the demands (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Expensive benefits w/ a 1 month delay for eligibility; onboarding process requires patience; appearance of being top-heavy on management; no 401k match (in 4 reviews)

• The health benefits are expensive aren't that great (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Improvements with Focus on Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Netrix, LLC (More than 5 years)

Pros

At the Netrix Kickoff in January, there was a huge initiative put into place around employees. The keynote included plans for creating monthly [free] lunch socials, a subsidized cafe, free vending machines, complimentary fresh fruit, learning initiatives and the Achiever's Club trip opening up to the company. This is in addition to the employee profit program [started 3 years ago] that occurs [in summer checks are distributed to employees based on tenure].

TO DATE, the following initiatives are live and active: bars in office kitchens [with great craft beers on tap and a wine fridge], free monthly lunch socials, free vending, fresh fruit shows up every week, a subsidized cafe in Bannockburn [get a full meal for $5], learning initiatives and mentoring programs have begun. There IS a lot of change happening to make sure employees are happy. The initiatives announced at NKO weren't just smoke in mirrors talk.

This environment is most definitely a fast paced sink or swim environment. Hard work is expected and is the norm. However, across the departments, there ARE teams who help collaborate.

Cons

The health benefits are expensive aren't that great. It covers basic things if you are overall a healthy person.

Advice to Management

Keep progressing and improving employee satisfaction. The changes are noticed and appreciated. This is on a positive and upward path so far.

Netrix, LLC Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Director

We are glad to see you notice the changes. Our culture committees are helping us sustain, maintain and grow these initiatives. We urge you to get involved with one of those teams!

2. "Tier 1 Network Engineer"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at Netrix, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team and Management was very helpful.
    Good benefits.
    Camaraderie among team is easily forged.

Cons

Salary was a little low for position.
    Work place perks are virtually non-existent.

3. "Best Boss Ever.."

Pros

When I worked with MST prior to Netrix and briefly after the merger, I had the opportunity to work with someone I still consider the best boss I ever had a chance to work with. He was the COO at MST and the same at Netrix now I think. I'd be back in a second if he wanted me to come back and there was a position. Tough but very fair and a patient coach. Willing to listen and teach.

Cons

None that I can recall but it's been a while. Mostly I remember working a ton to keep up, but it wasn't bad

Advice to Management

Hope you are providing the same level of support, guidance and appreciation to your current team!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Jack of All Trades in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Jack of All Trades in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

I've been with Netrix for almost a year now after leaving a competitor. What stands out most for me is the culture and continual work on improving employee satisfaction. I've read other reviewers referrencing solid and they are right for the most part. However there are initiatives to change that and become more homogeneous. There is room for growth at Netrix and I'm very happy with the people I report to. There is a general work / life balance that I love. I'm a techie at heart and don't mind working evenings and weekends if necessary. On the other side of that my directors are more than accomodating for my schedule and personal life when events out of my control happen.

Cons

The only downside I can tell you about is the medical coverage is still expensive, even with recent attempts to rectify it. Hopefully as the company continues to expand they will take a better look on how to get the rates lower.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster growth and education with us. IT is a continually changing field and we need better opportunities for techical learning. Perhaps you can have better shadowing opportunities for people wanting to test the waters of cloud technologies, programming, networking or operations. Mr. Donato you have a great team under you. Please continue to cultivate their talents and allow them to do so for us.

"Don't listen to the angry birds.......Great place to be for level-headed adults"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Netrix is a great place to be. The opportunities are endless. Most negative reviews sound to be from lazy sales members with little self-motivation, looking for short-cuts, and unable to produce without hands being held. The head honchos have done nothing but try and improve the culture and benefits around here the past few years. It's a slow process...it's not magic and doesn't happen overnight. From my experience, the operations team is always willing to help. The offices are clean, updated and well kept. 333 office is in a great location. Close to train for the burbs people. Fun and free events all year long. Achievers dinners and trips. Not sure what else you could want unless you work at Google or Facebook....

Cons

Too many silos. Sales. Operations. Marketing. Engineering. Lack of communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to strive for improving the culture......

"Thought it would be better elsewhere....but mistaken"

I worked at Netrix, LLC full-time

Pros

You what what, I felt like some of the reviewers recently and left Netrix a few years ago. It was a mistake.... and my wife just called me out on it recently. There was so much moving forward there and felt like a family environment. I now work for a 10k employee company and feel lost. I am going to see if there is suitable opening.

Cons

After so many years I am not sure what's still valid. Back then it was the benefit costs but looks like there have been moves to improve that.

"No development plan"

Former Employee - Tier I Support Engineer, Engineer in Mundelein, IL
    Former Employee - Tier I Support Engineer, Engineer in Mundelein, IL

I worked at Netrix, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The commute was short from Main office.
    - People were nice

Cons

- No development plan
    - Very little communication

"No better or worse than anywhere else"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are making a strong effort towards improving employee benefits as a whole. The commitment does seem genuine there. Company as a whole is on an upward trajectory with no signs of slowing. Good career opportunity for the young as well.

Cons

Despite all the work they've done in improving satisfaction health care costs are still not as competetive as other companies. There is still toxicity in the culture as well. Lots of rude, egotistical directors that treat people poorly even in front of clients. Lots of expectations to work around the clock. Nothing has ever been promised in the work life balance department as part of their employee satisfaction improvements. Office is starting to become overcrowded and loud. People are getting packed in like sardines.

Advice to Management

I'm glad things are moving in a favorable direction with benefits. Please continue to improve this next year to live up to the hype. Tell the partners and management team to be nicer to people.

"Management mandates postive reviews on Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

I've been with Netrix for a couple of years now. As the company grows the connection and overall goals are very inspiring at the company annual kick offs ( and actually really fun) but it's the only time I have really felt inspired. And for the few deals I've done beyond hardware the engineers we have really care and the senior guys know their stuff. I've heard from clients the engineers are the only reason they come back.

Cons

After the "big psych up" everything goes back to the same problems: Directors are selling their own accounts (apparantly if they try to collaborate with other business units everything is split up or negotiated so everything is a little kingdom with Managers that really only care about their own business and spend alot of time infighting to keep ownership of accounts. Senior management (still don't know who the real boss is - Anthony Donato is just the CFO -there are supposed "owners" but it's just inside talk as to who owns what.

The real issue is Executive Leadership puts every deficit on the Sales People - the inside and outside reps. The whole atmosphere is a heavy cloud of fear - the admin people that have been there for years play games - if you "tick them off" you can say goodbye to your orders getting placed or escalation for customer service issues if you aren't a "favorite". I could care less about the benefits as I'd be stupid to take them and use my spouses much better group policies - the "benefits" they do offer are paid for by the employees because sales people are now on tiered plans that essentially require you to pay your full comp until you can receive commission and then for a company that claims to be in the millions of revenue make the sales people the collectors. And if the client goes beyond the terms the company takes half the commission and then basically says there is "discretionary" decisions as to taking full commission if the client doesn't pay. So we have to work to pay our "base" PLUS something called our "benefits" which are not health related so they take 90% of commission after recouping 100% of our cost as base and then we are risk of losing all commission if the client goes beyond terms. Yet in my two years there I've never been asked to have a client fill out a credit app. The CSA document is worthless because it supersedes the employment agreement. One bad debt client and you could reasonably lose an entire year of commission. Totally backward.

Advice to Management

I'd rather put a credit app in front of a client than have it arbitrary as to when my commission decreased by half or full when a client goes 60 days. And make it consistent - I know for a fact through inter company discussions that the smaller guys get hammered and lose thousands and the top guys and "directors" are immune or cut their own deals. No real policy - everything is case by case and it seems the worker bees are first to get smacked. But you still go after the customer and if you collect we aren't paid - or it's "case by case". As a young mother I can't take care of my family on your "case by case" approach. Not a good place to lay roots unless you are connected. Maybe that's why they made "Donato" the CEO's name - to intimidate people that it's run by people that will "collect". Looking actively for a new position that I can trust and people that will be honest. Work environment is oppressive and fear driven. Directors are only concerned with their own book of business and cutthroat.

"Average"

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time

Pros

Sleek downtown office. Upper management is starting to take initiative to improve benefits and culture. Fast growing company.

Cons

No consideration for work-life balance. Some management people can be downright disrespectful to their director reports at times. Insurance benefits not that great but are supposed to improve.

Advice to Management

The much-talked about and promised improvements to the benefits package couldn't come soon enough.