Network Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Network Capital CEO Tri Nguyen
Tri Nguyen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you have a sports mentality then Network Capital is the place for you (in 140 reviews)

• The training/introductory course for being a call center associate was brief but informative (in 56 reviews)

Cons

1. "The Climb into the Mortgage Industry"

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have to say, I was a little hesitant coming into this industry because it was all new for me.. I had no experience. But the fact that the company decided to hire me, coming out of the restaurant industry working in the guest service field for 4 years, the hiring manager decided to hire me because of my eagerness to transition into something new and fresh. I started off in the call center where I was faced with a exciting and energetic environment surrounded by people of the same mindset. Looing to achieve new things greater than where they were at before. I was in the call center for a couple months before the company signed me off into their excelled mortgage class system where they paid for me to receive instruction and learn the industry! All company paid for, even the NMLS test which is usually a very hefty fee. I love how the company accepted me in with no knowledge of the industry, and really pushed me to heights I never thought I could reach. I'm looking forward to my future here at Network Capital.
    The office is also drop dead gorgeous. with a huge surrounding view of all of Irvine, as well as great break rooms with xbox's, free coffee and soda machines, conference rooms, and some other cool amenities

Cons

no cons yet! Enjoying the experience so far from 8 months to now

2. "Starting in the Mortgage Industry"

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started in the Call Center and was trained on the phones so I was more comfortable when I moved on the banking side. It was a quick process from when I was hired to the point where I passed the NMLS Exam. The training provided by the management was a great experience so I would excel on the banking side when I passed my exam. Overall, it has been a positive and a beneficial experience working for Network Capital so far.

Cons

No food provided ever or team outings.

3. "Happy to come to work every day!"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are what makes this company so great. Everybody is always hustling and grinding, and it amazes me that so many of them sacrifice their weekends and personal lives to get the job done and to help the borrowers through their loan process. Everyone is always so nice and friendly here, I haven't had ANY problems, whatsoever. Free drinks, beautiful office view, city of Irvine, wonderful leaders/mentors, opportunities to move around, amazing commission for people in sales... Like I said in the title, I'm actually happy coming into work every morning. When you work constantly around a bunch of people working incredibly hard, it's motivating (for me at least) to work as hard as I can, and always put in 110%. Also, as a student, they really work with my school needs and ensure I'm accommodated in that regard as well.

Cons

Morning traffic into Irvine can be a real hassle, but I now have a FasTrak account, so that problem has been resolved. Sometimes, in my current position, I wish I had more work to do. There's a lot of down time. I'm constantly asking the managers if they need help with projects to pass the time. Wish I could work weekends! I just want to work more :P

Advice to Management

Seriously, the smartest group of people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Extremely inspiring, motivating, and they truly care about the success of their team. The group chants every day get your adrenaline pumping if you participate - I love being a part of those when I can. Keep doing what you're doing, we all appreciate you guys!

4. "Great company, great opportunity to grow, and great managers"

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company will push you to become a better Loan Officer and sales person. I learned so much Sales in such a short time. Free coffee and soft drinks. Great office. Great people. I love coming to work each day.

Cons

Tough love is both a Pro and a Con. There is no room for the weak here. Sales is not for the weak, so this company will prepare you for that. If you are weak, then the tough love motto is a big con.

Advice to Management

Seems they are doing a great job.

5. "Licensing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Licensing Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Licensing Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I worked at Network Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Energy, Atmosphere, and environment

Cons

Horrible Benefits and Pay with little room for advancement

6. "Tools Needed To Succeed"

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Network Capital for a couple years now. Everyday it is exciting to be at work. Management is always there for you when needed. There is always fun contests and great incentives to look forward to. As well as plenty of room to grow and foresee the future for your career. If you are willing to grind and be successful this is the place for you.

and if you like Starbucks there is a coffee shop in the same building!

Cons

there is not many downsides i can think of about a company that does everything they can to help you make money and succeed.

7. "Great Opportunity! Only the Strong!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pros are that you not only get an opportunity to make more money than 99% of the US, but you get a REAL sense of Sales and Mortgage Banking. All the negative reviews are from people that could not cut it. The mortgage industry is not for everyone; which is why we make so much money! Only the strong!

Cons

If you are weak, you will realize very quickly. No room for those not motivated to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us all to be better! Nima is one of the best mentors I have ever had. Thank you for helping me make more money than I ever have.

8. "Mortgage banker"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Network Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow within the company. The company is progressive and continually changes to stay ahead of the competition it terms of compensation as well as products to better serve our clients.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say at this point, here at this company you get what you put in. This is sales and it's truly not for everyone and those who don't do well are the quickest to have something negative to say but if you are willing to sacrifice for the goal of making money then you will have no issues.

Advice to Management

Management is very accessible and will do whatever it takes to make sure we are successful. Nima is the best manger I have ever worked for and I would like to thank my management team for helping me make more money then I ever have before!

9. "Be ready for OT"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Network Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of training offered , great place to gain experience

Cons

Hours are extremely long. Be ready to for OT

10. "Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Network Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can move up real quick - especially if they fire someone and need to replace them

Cons

You can be fired as quick as the person in that position before you. No one is safe in this company

Advice to Management

Put more into your employees besides "free coffee and soda". Benefits don't really count if everyone gets fired before their 3 months is up