Network Capital Employee Reviews about "network capital"

Updated Nov 12, 2021

Join the conversation on

Finance

48K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Network Capital~691419
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Management is great at pushing you to grow and succeed.(in 64 reviews)
  • "It's full of high energy and the Carlos is a great manager.(in 60 reviews)
  • "I was great with the trainings provided to us that helped me get licensed in a few states.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Beautiful office and area(in 40 reviews)
  • "It is a fast up beat place to work and the people are great.(in 36 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Network Capital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "network capital"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Full rundown of the company

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been working here at Network Capital for almost 5 years now. Here’s my rundown on the company: PAY + BENEFITS The benefits here are really good. They offer full insurance, a 401K plan, and plenty of PTO. But it’s the pay that gets people through the doors and it’s the opportunity to make a killing that keeps us all coming in every single day. At a 9-5 job, hard work isn’t rewarded financially. You just a get a “good job” and a pat on the head. Here, you see the fruits of your labor reflected in your pocket book every single time. COWORKERS + ENVIRONMENT The people here at Network Capital are fantastic. I look forward to talking to my peers every day, and I’ve made some real friends here. Everyone is very intelligent and hard-working, and it’s nice to be surrounded by people who dream as big as I do. WORK-LIFE BALANCE This is probably the weakest of all of these categories. Network Capital is a very successful company, and if you want to succeed here you’re going to have to work for it. Eventually you gain a better understanding of how much you can feasibly get done in a day, although if you’re like me you’re always going to be pushing that limit. OVERALL Overall, Network Capital is a great company to work for if you’ve got drive and a strong work ethic. The training, pay, and opportunities are unmatched and if you’ve got what it takes, it’s going to be a decision you never regret.

Cons

I think I said everything I need to say.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hands down the best work environment I’ve ever experienced!

Apr 19, 2021 - Mortgage Intern in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I just want to take this opportunity to shout out every single person in the office. Even the people I don’t interact with on a daily basis. Management may set the tone for how things are run and what they expect, but creating a work environment like the one at Network Capital is a group effort and I feel like that needs to be recognized. Every single one of us contributes to making our environment healthy, professional, compassionate, and considerate. Coming into this job, my bar was extremely low. I’d worked with several other similar companies where working conditions were practically that of a sweat shop. There was no respect shown by management, and my coworkers could barely stand one another. Petty competition and backstabbing were common and, looking back, I’m surprised I stayed as long as I did. The last year at Network Capital could not have been more different and I appreciate it so much more because of where I came from.

Cons

It’s not just hard to think of any cons, it’s also to write any that I do think of down. I don’t want anyone getting the wrong impression about working here. There’s downsides to be sure, but there’s downsides to working for every company. If you ask me, the upsides outweigh the downsides a million to one. So because I want to give an accurate representation of my perspective, I’m not going to write any cons in this section.

3. 5.0

Unbeatable learning experience

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The experience I gained working at Network Capital was extremely valuable, both professionally and personally. I learned a great deal more than I was expecting – not just about business, but about myself as well. I met incredible people who taught me the value of a strong work ethic and time management skills and I had the incredible luck to work under one of the company’s best managers who took me under his wing and did more to further my career ambitions than every year of schooling combined. It was an experience unlike any other and I’ll forever be grateful for every moment and every lesson.

Cons

My time at Network Capital helped me realize my true potential, so the only con to working here is that once you realize what you’re fully capable of, you might also realize that you want more than you can achieve here.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Management is fantastic

Jun 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of the company’s executives and those in management positions are incredible people. Within a few days of working at the company I already got the sense that management prefers to operate through love rather than fear, and that’s been proven correct to me again and again over the past 4 years. The management team here at Network Capital is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. They make themselves fully available to all employees, and you don’t ever have to worry about coming to them with issues or feedback. Their doors are always open and they’re all ears all the time. I give them full credit for the amazing work environment here at Network Capital, and it’s one of the many reasons I don’t see myself ever leaving.

Cons

I didn’t get paid much when I first started out. I think they do that to see who’s really going to stick around and worth investing in (literally and figuratively). I can see why some people would leave after the first year, but I’m glad I stuck it out.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible management plus incompetent newbies

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned how to train other people even though I'm not in HR. I also learned how to be resilient and understanding to other people's capacity.

Cons

I don't have any problem with inexperienced professionals if they were actually helping. However, this was not the case with Network Capital. The terrible management or HR liked to make their jobs easier by just hiring anyone and transfer the burden or training these newbies to seasoned employees. This made our work much more difficult and overwhelming that I felt like it was not fair anymore so I quit.

6. 5.0

Practically all pros

Sep 8, 2021 - AVP-Operations in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many things I would consider pros to working at a company like Network Capital: 1. The amount of money you can make here is just stupid. I don’t know how else to say it. I quadrupled my income my first year here from the job I was working before and it’s gone up by a decent amount every year since. The better I get at the job, the more I make. It really feels like the sky isn’t even the limit here. The sun, the moon…. Nothing. There’s no limit. You’re only limited by your willingness to put in the work. 2. Everyone is treated the same. Management is really good about this. There’s no favoritism, and everyone has to do a lot of trainings on sexism and racism in the workplace, so there’s definitely none of that. It doesn’t matter what your role is within the company, you’re going to be shown the same level of respect as everyone else. 3. Your schedule is your own. There’s obviously regular work hours during the week where you need to be available and in the office, but aside from being physically present you have full control over your priorities each day and your moment-to-moment schedule. There’s a bit of a learning curve that comes with that (at first you’ll probably make a few mistakes with your time and waste it on nonessentials, but eventually you get into your groove and every moment is spent more wisely). 4. The company handled COVID better than I think anyone could have expected. I wasn’t sure how operations were going to look when the pandemic hit and things started to get serious, but they switched over to remote working almost instantly and had everyone continuing on as best they could. As I talked to some of my friends I started to realize just how lucky I was to still have a job and a steady paycheck. 5. The benefits are unbelievable. Medical, dental, vision. Plus, very generous PTO and 401k contributions. They really offer their employees the full package.

Cons

The only thing I think could be considered a con is that the new-age ideas around “work-life” balance don’t really fit into this industry. I don’t personally have an issue with this because my paycheck is my #1 priority. But I’ve seen people come and go and this has been their biggest complaint.

7. 5.0

Great for self-motivated types

Aug 10, 2021 - Funder in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Network Capital is going to big places! The organization is expanding at a rapid rate and continues to grow the team as a result. Management doesn’t make a habit out of hovering to “check up” on your work. They trust their staff here. Simply put, if you’re the type of person who needs someone to crack a whip to keep you focused then this may not be the best place for you.

Cons

The fact that they require a minimum word count for this section implies they want us to fish around for something bad to say even if there isn’t anything and that doesn’t sit right with me.

8. 5.0

Endless opportunities

Aug 18, 2021 - Underwriter in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are tremendous opportunities to learn and grow. Since being employed at Network Capital, I can honestly say that each and every day presents opportunities to see something for the first time and learn from that opportunity. Because of the fast-paced environment and the company’s go-getter mentality, there is constantly something new, different, and challenging. This environment encourages and rewards those willing to take on those challenges and grow from them.

Cons

Much longer hours than I’ve worked before. The pay is excellent as a result, but it’s a bit tiring week to week.

9. 5.0

Great learning experience

Apr 27, 2021 - Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I bit off more than I could chew with Network Capital, but I learned a TON. You’d probably think I’d write a negative review since I’m no longer with the company, but I honestly don’t have anything bad to say. It didn’t work out because I genuinely wasn’t a good fit. My manager and every single one of my coworkers tried to help me adjust, but at the end of the day I just wasn’t cut out for it. But I learned a lot and I’m much happier with where I’m at now. If anyone from the office is reading this, thanks again you guys and best of luck!

Cons

Everything really just boiled down to the fact that this was not a good fit for me and that my calling lay elsewhere. It was a great experience and I learned a lot, but my advice is to make sure you know it’s what you want before jumping in.

10. 1.0

Had issues with pay

Oct 21, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was great with the trainings provided to us that helped me get licensed in a few states. I also had great colleagues here who also became my friends.

Cons

If I was only working for growth, I would have stayed here in Network Capital. However, I still have bills to pay that I wasn't able to do so because of issues with pay. There were a lot of instances that our pay was delayed and recurrent issues about pay discrepancies that they couldn't resolve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 228 Reviews