Network Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Houston, TX

I worked at Network Funding full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Felt like family, would go back if I could

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Corporate"

I have been working at Network Funding full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are close and like family. Company puts God first! Definitely a laid back atmosphere and we can work remotely. Management has gotten a lot better in the last few years, and I would actually rate it as a pro now. I agree in the past that we have had a lack of direction, but that has changed and continues to get better.

Cons

Although communication has gotten better, in the last few years, there is still room for some improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on communication, as that is key.

3. "To quote another, "It a job!""

Current Employee - Document Jockey in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Document Jockey in Houston, TX

I have been working at Network Funding full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Managers are pretty flexible with your hours; the fellow peons are friendly; insurance is provided and fairly cheap

Cons

The pay rate is subpar in this one's opinion; policies are poorly relayed to the lower class (requires use of a horrible system that goes to your trash email folder no matter what you do to change it); as slave labor we are expected to do a lot more than is actually possible; the provided insurance is pretty much garbage and they change the provider every year

Advice to Management

I know it seems like it, but I (or anyone else, for that matter) am not Superman, so please stop expecting me (us) to do the job of 2 or 3 people. Also, better pay would be nice. And stop changing insurance, it messes up everything I've set up in regards to insurance over the past year.

4. "Is a short term spot- NO Mgmt. Leadership or Direction"

Former Employee - Loan Agent in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Agent in Irvine, CA

I worked at Network Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The comp plan is good for the first 4 months. There is a lot of freedom if you are a guy whereas females are mico-managed. The office is nice and clean. The support center is responsive. Pricing is mostly on point.

Cons

They have horrible leads. There is no guidance or direction with their marketing. No organic marketing. The transfers are as bad as they come and the leads are as cheap as possible. The Lending Tree leads are the cheap ones and the pricing is not competitive for that arena. It gets old real quick and corporate does not seem to care whatsoever about that office. It is truly a strange dynamic. It made me great money for a few months than went down the drain real quick. 9 great loan agents quit within a 2 month period which says something significant. There is virtually no support to help you get a loan done and there seem to be more denials than approvals out of underwriting.

Advice to Management

Corporate has no pulse on the office and really should have better skilled people involved with that office. There has been no shortage of talented and experienced loan agents. There are NO perks, bonuses or benefits or incentives to make NF better than any other mortgage company once you get past the first few months of commission. Mortgage banking is a competitive landscape and NF is not on the playing field.

5. "Accounting Assistant"

Pros

Great company, laid back environment as long as you get your work done; amazing boss in the accounting department; for the most part, everyone is very friendly and caring

Cons

Benefits are not that great

6. "RUN!!!"

Former Employee - Shipping in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Shipping in Houston, TX

I worked at Network Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can wear jeans to work and be pretty laid back on what you can wear to work and can also work remotely.

Cons

Management, don't know what the heck they are doing, all the care is getting the loan closed. Multiple Loan officers just care about the money.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

7. "Ok Company to work for!!"

Pros

Pretty Chill atmosphere for the most part, My boss is a Ok boss to work for she is Racist at times, but she 80 years old!

Cons

No Diversity, PAY IS HORRIBLE, If your African American you can NEVER move up, this company only Hires Friends and Relatives... You have to be a Good Ol Boy, Very Racist if your of Color, Very!!!! The Training Sucks very Badly, Most of the Managers or Friends of the Owner's who have NO EXPERIENCE NON WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOURSELF in order to Train your employees, Diveristy will GROW your Company, 2014 and your Still RACIST, GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Still Working in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Still Working in Houston, TX

I have been working at Network Funding full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and concerns with family matters.

Cons

Lack of communicating changes within the company. No yearly or quarterly reviews for employee

Advice to Management

When there are changes in the company try to communicate this with the ones who are holding the company together. People that work beyond the call of duty should be recognized.

9. "Great company with honest, high-caliber people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Network Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you work at the corporate office, you will get to know everyone there. Employees are very close, with many family members even working together.

- Trustworthy, understanding management who encourage employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Family comes first.

- Free end of the month lunches together as a company and occasional family events and happy hours.

Cons

- No established path for regular advancement.

- Decision makers can be resistant to change, even when changes are critically necessary.

Advice to Management

- Some employees would like to take initiative and make improvements to the company, but their efforts often fall on deaf ears. Take advantage of employees who are eager to go above expectations.

10. "It a job"

Pros

flexible work schedule and concerns about family issues

Cons

no yearly reviews for employees or promotion. do not review employees rating on a quarterly or yearly basis.

Advice to Management

Apply open door policy promote your good workers who go far and beyond their work requirements