Network Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christopher "Kit" Gorton

1. "Community Relations Representative"

Current Employee - Community Relations Representative in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Community Relations Representative in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate Culture, Community Outreach, good product, great mission

Cons

There is very little transparency in relation to career path, pay is lower than competitors, management positions are being left unfilled while lower-level employees pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the organization charts for each department, especially those that are missing directors and managers, to identify people who are working at a higher level than they are being paid or recognized.

2. "Sr. Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Menasha, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Menasha, WI

I have been working at Network Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Network Health is open to new ideas for process improvement
    Beautiful building located in Menasha, WI

Cons

Worked many long days there and then was laid off even with all the accomplished projects, strong experience/skills and hard work I offered the company. Management changed constantly.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and reward employees for efforts that go above and beyond standard job functions.

3. "Network Health"

Current Employee - Compliance Auditor in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Compliance Auditor in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are friendly and culture is good.

Cons

Poor management and lack of stability

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

"Social Care Manager"

Current Employee - Social Care Manager in Haverhill, MA
    Current Employee - Social Care Manager in Haverhill, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with an integrated team has taught me a lot about the different roles that go into case management

Cons

Since being bought by Tufts, it feels like management is constantly monitoring our every move. The work load has increased to an almost unmanageable amount while we are constantly being expected to do more. Solid employees from staff and management are fleeing as quickly as they can because the expectations of our roles have changed into something none of us were hired for, and it is quite noticeable in morale.

5. "This place treats you right"

Current Employee - Provider Payment Analyst in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Provider Payment Analyst in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The company culture is very positive, constructive, and friendly.
    - The company puts its employees first, and makes you feel like you matter. There's plenty of health/wellness programs, investment in training, and employee rewards.
    - There's lots of potential for advancement! Hard work and good ideas matter more than hierarchy or office politics.
    - It's a non-profit that makes a positive contribution to the community.

Cons

- Sometimes things are done in a messy, slipshod way. You might find yourself stumbling over lots of outgrown bandages.
    - It can be very confusing to get a handle on proper procedure. There's a lack of documentation, with too many policies left unwritten or written vaguely.

Advice to Management

The company needs more communication and information sharing between departments. It needs a better focus on long-term solutions, instead of just getting through the next crisis.

6. "It was good place to work before tufts bought them out"

Current Employee - Outreach Social Worker in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Outreach Social Worker in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

diversity and how they worked with each individual

Cons

because of them being bought by tufts-work environment changed and mission as well as

Advice to Management

human resources had to much power in work-life and because it was bought by two companies once before i started and one before i left - things really changed

"Insurance - what were you expecting?"

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the most dedicated people working to help the most needy frost the poisoned cake of private health insurance.

Cons

Everyone is very nice, even when they are nasty

Advice to Management

There is no unified goal - sharing work and blame would go a long way. And Christina Severin is not the president - she is at BI now

8. "Lots of growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and people are great. There is a cooperative spirit that I have rarely seen at other organizations. The benefits are at least good, though at time of writing the salaries seem to lack by comparison to for-profit organizations.
    There is considerable effort given to shuffle people around internally to take advantage of new opportunities for internal promotion or growth rather than lose experienced individuals.

Cons

It is often hard to figure out what the number 1 priority is -- company growth vs company stability vs auditing or compliance requirements.
    Top-down communications between sr leadership to those below director seems to be sparse.
    Project portfolio every year is huge. It's often hard to complete 100% of a project since we quickly start new ones or they drag on for longer than anticipated.

Advice to Management

It's easy to believe that because you are very familiar with the strategy, direction or any change that is coming that people further down the reporting chain are as well, but this is not the case. I'd rather see more communication down than less and this we could all use a little more.

9. "Values-driven and progressive..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the company's core values states that their employees are their "greatest asset." From their very aggressive internal job posting policy to their benefits package they really seem to take this statement seriously. There is quite a bit of opportunity for professional growth and the mission of the company is very admirable.

Cons

Some policies and procedures are hold-overs from when the company was smaller. This seems to be something of a case of "growing pains" since the company has grown substantially over the last few years. It seems as though leadership is working to correct these issues so I am sure things will get better in time.

Advice to Management

Continue to remember that the way things were done yesterday may no longer work today or tomorrow.

"Disappointing work experience"

I have been working at Network Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good, honest, hardworking people who truly believe in the mission of this place and help those who need the most.

Cons

My particular experience involved a very abusive manager who felt that it was her given right to humiliate and degrade you in front of your teammates. Her style was to micromanage everything in a cookie-cutter setting. It wasn't about developing the individual but to build a uniform machine where everyone worked the same way as she did. The company sells you on "employees being their greatest asset" and that they believe in work/life balance. However, once you are in, HR will tell you flat out that you "have no business going home at 5pm." Overall, I found it to be a hostile work environment and very dishonest.

Advice to Management

Truly recognize that your employees ARE your greatest assets and do something about it.