KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Network Ninja Reviews

Updated May 31, 2022

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

5.0
Network Ninja CEO  Matt Bochneak (no image)
Matt Bochneak

60 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best job I've ever had!

May 31, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Network Ninja is an amazing place to work, for many reasons. The company is fully remote, so all of us work from home across various time zones. This affords a huge amount of flexibility for personal appointments during the day and schedule adjustments as needed. Our vacation policy is also casual-- if you want a break, take one! The benefits are generous, including multiple health plans to choose from, dental, 401k with match, as well as equipment to help you get your work done (brand new MacBook Pros and monitors for example). You will be surrounded by co-workers who are intelligent, funny, talented, and compassionate and have a wide variety of different interests (just check the "Who we are" page on the website). There is a great mix of employees who have been around for years, as well as newcomers who are helping us to expand our offerings and abilities. I've worked with two of the teams (Collaborate and MainEvent) and while each team has a slightly different dynamic, they both have exactly what you want in a development position: a good balance of working hours, technical challenges, great leads/managers who treat their employees well, and an understanding that you are an adult who can get their work done and manage their own time-- no micromanaging here! It's very easy to ask questions or find another developer to bounce ideas off of when you are stuck on a hard problem. We do a lot of group brainstorming and troubleshooting-- no need to be afraid to speak up if you need assistance. Senior Management is very present and actively involved. They sit in on team meetings, message you to give kudos or ask how things are going, and they want to make sure your experience at Network Ninja is the best they can deliver. It's is very satisfying to work for a company that cares so much about their employees.

Cons

I can honestly say I don't have any cons to add. This has been an excellent experience so far.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing!

Apr 25, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, leadership and teamwork. If you are ready to communicate and work with a team, then this will be a great place to work.

Cons

Nothing really to say about it.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Team, Very Fulfilling Work

Apr 3, 2022 - Technical Support/QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% remote, but great communication between team members. Very supportive atmosphere and company culture. You'll have complete support and be cheered on to amass new skills in software development. Focus on products assisting non-profit organizations - everyone here cares deeply about how their work affects change with our User community/ industry. Consistent growth trends for over 20 years.

Cons

Zero. This is an amazing team actually making a difference.

4. 5.0

Unique, Rewarding, and Fully Remote

Jan 28, 2022 - Customer Support Lead in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working Remotely, all the time. Flexible work schedule. Friendly and welcoming colleagues. Knowledgeable Team. Rewarding products that truly help people.

Cons

Working fully remote requires one to be very self-sufficient and focused.

5. 5.0

Supportive Remote Team

Oct 26, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been a software engineer for more than 20 years. By far, I've never met a kinder, more supportive team. The people make all the difference in every job I've worked, and it's obvious that Network Ninja cares. The atmosphere is an ideal combination of collaboration, professionalism, and a touch of humor to make stuff fun. I feel very well taken care of here.

Cons

None really. Remaining self-disciplined and organized can be a challenge. That's not specific to Network Ninja, but just a part of remote work.

6. 5.0

Great Place to Work From Home

Aug 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Network Ninja for about a quarter now, and have enjoyed the opportunity to step into a technical leadership role and try on a few new hats. It was just the thing I was looking to do next. Pros: 100% work from home environment with a history behind it. Room to grow your career. Great co-workers and culture fueled by a low turnover and long term staff.

Cons

If you're looking to eventually move back to an in-office role, there are no offices here.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company that truly makes a difference in the world

Jul 13, 2021 - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Network Ninja is a company with a long, proven track record that is constantly growing & improving. The majority of clients served by this company are helping people in various needs of assistance in difficult times & situations. Being able to work somewhere that has such a large impact on the world in a truly positive way is immeasurable when it comes to job satisfaction. As a result the employees that work here are inspiring & dedicated people that have been a pleasure to work & grow with over the years. The company is very stable which allows for many opportunities for growth & the chance to impact change in small to large ways. Coming from working for large corporations in the past, the opportunity to work in a stable environment that encourages & rewards forward thinking, proactive improvements & new ideas has been transformational personally & professionally. I cannot overstate how profound it has been to work for a company that does not treat you like just another resource that can be replaced at any time but instead like a valued member of their team. That value is expressed through gratitude, respect, flexibility, trust, and compensation equal with your contribution.

Cons

The 3 products are fairly siloed & knowledge/expertise is not effectively shared across the company enough. There are many efforts beginning over the past year to really start to tackle this & I look forward to seeing how much better that can make the company as a whole in the future. There are too many smart & innovative people here that don't have their influence felt company wide instead of just the product they work on.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing

Apr 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fun to work with, dedicated and kind

Cons

None that I can think of

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing people doing amazing work

Apr 4, 2018 - Content & Marketing Manager in Atlantic City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The true measure of any company is in its people. Network Ninja is filled with friendly, talented, hardworking people, making it a joy to work here. Everyone has a "team-first" mentality, so there's always help available when you need it. Management also makes sure to recognize individuals for their great work. Working remotely is another huge plus. I have two young children at home, and my spouse works full time as well, so flexibility is very important to me. In summary, Network Ninja well established, well run, and populated by people passionate about what they do. Software companies can sometimes be cold and impersonal, but I've found the exact opposite here - and I plan to stay for a long, long time.

Cons

Everyone is super busy because the company is growing.

Network Ninja Response

CEO

Happy to have you here, and fully agree: it's wonderful to be surrounded by people that can impress you so often, for so long.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Extremely Fulfilling Job, Excellent Environment

Oct 9, 2017 - Senior Software Developer in Lapeer, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

By far the best thing about working at Network Ninja is the people. Their turnover is very low, and I can guarantee that's because our teams like the people they work with. This isn't an office politics type of environment. We don't throw each other under buses. We back each other up, and we're real with each other. I came to Network Ninja 10 years ago, and I frankly thought this would be a transition job due solely to the fact that it was programming in PHP, which I didn't think would be enough of a challenge. I very quickly realized that the challenge was not only there, but it was very fulfilling. We solve business needs and can immediately see the benefits we give to our customers. We get a lot of instant gratification in feedback that I've never had with any other development position. The benefits at Network Ninja are amazing, and the pay is very competitive. Developers have complete freedom. The management is generally non-technical, and this is the type of environment where a developer who enjoys architecting, implementing, and supporting his or her own solutions will shine. This is not a micromanagement situation in the slightest, and management trusts its development teams implicitly.

Cons

Sometimes there's more work than is realistic to finish. Sometimes customer-dictated deadlines are not realistic. As with any remote position, sometimes work hours blend into personal time. It's a very flat company structure with little room for promotions of title. This isn't a con for me, but if your intent is to work your way to the top, you might be disappointed when you realize the top is one or two levels above you when you're hired in.

2 people found this review helpful

Network Ninja Response

CEO

"Keep it up." is very fulfilling feedback, thank you - and thanks for the honest thoughts and effort you put into this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews