Network Solutions Reviews in Drums, PA | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Network Solutions President & CEO David L. Brown
David L. Brown

1. "Well worth checking out"

Current Employee - Universal Support Specialist I in Drums, PA
    Current Employee - Universal Support Specialist I in Drums, PA

I have been working at Network Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best work atmosphere i've ever been in, pay, benefits, referral bonuses

Cons

cant get commissions during training. took nearly 2 weeks to get direct deposit set up

Advice to Management

Get adp set up asap

2. "Think twice about NSI call center in Drums Pa"

Former Employee - TSI in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - TSI in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training. I learned alot during training and it was laid back. After training, NSI has the employee hooked. Best day at NSI, was last day

Cons

Techies enjoy supporting customers but when you drag sales requirements into the picture it is a disaster. When you are forced to bring up sales (C1) and close sales (C2), employees are more focused on keeping the job, than helping customers.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate business model

"Looking elsewhere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA

Pros

If you know computers or have the ability to learn quickly it can be a good place to work.

Cons

During training they act like a happy family environment, but after training supervisors get annoyed and give you an attitude when you ask for help. Pay could be better. Benefits are expensive.

Advice to Management

Have a lot more patience with workers who are trying hard to do the best they can to absorb all the material they need to learn to perform the job and all it entails. Lose your attitude problem!

"What used to be the company I wanted to stay with for my entire career."

Former Employee - Level II Hosting Support in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Level II Hosting Support in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is still adequate per position. PTO was cumulative. Reputation for greatness is still echoed through the halls. Many members of management have been in place for years and know their positions well. You can't help but feel like you are a part of something bigger when you are there.

Cons

A former shell of a once truly great company. The web.com acquisition has turned everything upside down, and not for the better. Pay has stagnated, career pathing is off the table. The management that is currently in place is the exact same management that was in place ten years ago within many segments. Some may see that as a positive, but when you consider that in order to move up within the organization someone has to resign, you begin to see the real problem. You are pretty much hired into the position you will be in many years from now. Years ago I could say with confidence to people that I would strongly recommend joining the NetSol family because of how fulfilling the work is, and how encouraging, and thorough the attention to detail everyone at the company had was inspiring. Perks were good, and management used to genuinely care about your well being.

Web.com changed all of that. Allow me to make a brief comparison that pretty much sums it all up.

Schwinn used to be the envy of the bike industry. Well respected, innovative, giving, pricey but worth it, and a brand people were proud of.
    Then Pacific purchased the company, and now they are nothing more than a badge on a cheap product someone is trying to push for quick profits at a WalMart near you.

Web.com doesn't care about the values that made Network Solutions great, nor do they care to invest in staff to push the industry forward. They are very content purchasing up smaller companies into the fold so they can make a buck through volume as opposed to profiting from being the best. In the process they are losing most of us who cared not only about our work, but the brand and our customers.

Advice to Management

Sadly, the best advice would be to allow Network Solutions to operate as the ultra premium brand under their umbrella of companies, but that is not what their intentions are. After working with them for a considerable time it became very obvious the employees and customers are dollar signs and not assets that maintain a brand.

If I could speak directly with the CEO I would say "Remember when Ford purchased Aston Martin and ran them into the ground, almost to the point of no return? That is what you are doing to Network Solutions right now. You can either step back and allow them to flourish as the premium service provider they are, or sell the company to another holding agency that will rebuild it back to greatness."

6. "Life lessons of a call-center."

Former Employee - Tier I Website Support in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Tier I Website Support in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits when you can use them

Cons

Usage of benefits and facilities extremely limited by break time and meal time structures. Leaves things as more of a tease to look at then actually be able to use. High pay is offset by extremely high stress environment even when working from home.

Advice to Management

Telecommuting is great but a more reliable voip solution would help.

"Some good, some bad"

Former Employee - Hosting Specialist in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Hosting Specialist in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice place to work, good benefits with plenty of PTO, table tennis, 25 cent sodas. Ability to work from home was nice, all the training staff are very enjoyable to work with.

Cons

If you are an IT guy, this is disguised as a tech support job some sales, but it's all about the sales. During my short time there numerous outages to hosting products, which led to several days of endless calls waiting and people cursing you out.

Advice to Management

Management did well, my supervisor was a very nice guy. Maybe let people know up front how sales driven the position really is.

8. "Decent company to work for"

Former Employee - Workforce Administrator in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Workforce Administrator in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and co-workers. Lots of extra activities.

Cons

Sales are forced down your throat. Some supervisors are overbearing.

9. "A wolf in sheep's clothing"

Former Employee - Network Support Specialist in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Network Support Specialist in Drums, PA

I worked at Network Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Give aways, GREAT coworkers, Decent pay rate + Bonuses

Cons

When hired, you are not told you need to sell until you're already in training. No matter how well you do at the "Customer Service" job for which you applied, you need to meet sales quotas or you WILL be fired. Loved the job I was hired for; hated the sales aspect since you are required to attempt a sale on EVERY CALL. I resigned after ten months and went to another company, but sadly saw many good customer service reps let go who couldn't sell enough.

Advice to Management

Be honest with people when you are hiring. Let them know it is a SALES position! I am horrible at sales and never would have applied had I known this.

"Kind of Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Drums, PA

Pros

can work from home, some good perks, ok training, co-workers usually helpful

Cons

absolutely no downtime, sell the job as customer support with "some sales", turns out to be a sales job with some customer support. Went downhill after being purchased by web.com. Management gives no indication if there is a problem affecting customers, only gives scripting. Huge turn around, employees do no stick around.

Advice to Management

have some staff specialize in sales, and some in tech support, give encouragement to employees, a thank you goes a long way. Advise customer on ANY changes made to services.

11. "Good job for the area"

Former Employee - Technical Support Supervisor II in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Supervisor II in Drums, PA

Pros

.25 soda / free K Cup coffee, recognition programs, technology, bonus, benefits, liberal time off, emerging leaders program, nice office building, work from home program, interesting work, and good opportunity to make money via bonus as long as your ok with "STRETTTTCCCHHHING" the truth.

Cons

VERY aggressive goals to meet for pay - like Boiler Room the movie, CONSTANT management turn over - they never get to know their people, technology is always in need of upgrade and there is constant struggle in the interim with NO consideration given.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the web.com buyout will help stop the sinking Netsol ship. We hemorrhaged Customers for years because management was afraid of losing what they already were - and abused those same Customers during that time trying to squeeze every last nickel - at the end of the day - everyone is losing.