Network for Good Reviews

4.2
Network for Good CEO Bill Strathmann
Bill Strathmann
  1. Featured Review

"Great Company that respects your talents and your life"

Current Employee - Customer Success Associate

I have been working at Network for Good full-time for less than a year

Pros

This business is without a doubt dedicated to leaning into employees strengths. If you vocalize your strengths and interests they've proven to me that they'll help those goals. They have been encouraging of growth inside the organization but also positioning this so your strengths can be marketable outside of the company too. There's a great and honest understanding that any position doesn't mean you'll be there forever and there's room to grow, move, and excel on your terms. This has been the best company that I've worked for an appreciate that there is not any micro-managing of my work. As long as you are an effective worker they'll respect the requests you make and ideas you have.

Cons

It's a fast growing company so historic knowledge and spread out teams are sometimes an issue but overall there is a great unity and ability to ask any department for help.

2. "Good Environment"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at Network for Good full-time

Pros

Friendly people, that want you to do your best

Cons

Cold call sales, must meet quotas

3. "Great place to kickstart your sales career"

4.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Network for Good full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their training process grew extensively and became more efficient the longer I was with the company, allowing new employees to get started and succeed faster. Also, the work environment was always lively, competitive, and engaging to keep you on your toes.

Cons

This can be seen as a pro depending on the person but new technologies were always being introduced and implemented so you must keep an open mind in regards to your daily workflow.

"Horrible sales leadership"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Network for Good full-time

Pros

Luckily the reps there are amazing individuals that figured it out in their own way on how to make it early enough to stay in that room and will help you if asked. Departments outside of sales are amazing people as well.

Cons

My analysis is a matter of perspective. If you’re looking for an industry leading, innovative product to sell, this is not the place for you. If you’re looking for a semi-average product, pushed onto prospects “finessing” them into buying, this is the place for you. I don’t question their intention. I think they think what they’re doing is good, i think they think what they’re selling is helping, but it’s not really doing either. They are hiring fresh out of college students due to the fact that they wouldn’t know what a real sales environment and methodology should feel and be like. People were managing by the positions they received (position management). I thought it was a place that would provide you chances to help you excel in your career but it simply wasn’t. Management aren’t even able to manage their time wisely and invest in your success even though you’re the first point of contact to gain new business. The on-boarding process for business development representatives is that of being thrown into the deep end and learning to adapt. Again depending on perspective, this can be a crucial learning and life experience for you, but if you’re looking for something a bit more sturdy and concrete as far as laying out the sales foundation for you, this is not the place. Sales is ever changing, understood. Sales is a numbers game, understood. Focusing on irrelevant sales employee analytics though will only deteriorate the quality of work they do, forcing them to cut corners. Humans are still working the role, analytics tell 25% of the circumstances. Take it with a grain of salt. My time at NFG gave me an understanding that some organizations just don’t know how to operate and build a department to the way they want. They look at reps as just numbers instead of investing in them by giving their time. Initiatives like the company matching employee donations to a charity of their choice is pretty cool. There are aspects and departments of the company that i believe really are trying to help, but let’s face it, selling software, and renewing subscriptions is what keeps them afloat. Any way to get to that quota of course. Just remember that you won’t truly have any support and are just a number to them instead of an asset that will propel the org to new heights.

Continue reading

"Best place I’ve worked by a long shot"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Network for Good full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing. The culture is diverse, open-minded. C-level Mayer’s engage and listen to younger employees needs/ideas. Great benefits/perks, esp. compared to NGOs. Good salary base + opportunities for bonuses and commission. Educated, caring colleagues. FTO is unlimited. If you have a health problem or disability, NFG can work with you. They care about your growth and want to see you grow within the company, including other departments. Managers do not micromanage on any team as far as I know. Great opportunities to “move up the ladder.” I started on the sales team and transitioned to the Customer Success Specialist role so smoothly. I highly recommend this company for anyone who is willing to work, learn, adapt, and motivate themselves to become a better leader and employee.

Cons

Compared to other jobs I’ve had, Network for Good as a whole is a dream. No complaints here!

6. "Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Network for Good full-time for less than a year

Pros

Network for Good has that rare combination of a talented, fast paced, competitive environment with good work. Our job is to help non-profits raise more money to do more good. What's better than that?

Cons

You always have to be "on" when talking to customers over the phone which can be challenging.

7. "Where my career took off"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Network for Good full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was refereed to Network for Good by a colleague at a prior company and I was weary initially. I had never heard of NFG and I was unfamiliar with the nonprofit sector. With the proper training, opportunities to succeed, and a lot of great people - I grow at NFG, within the sales department, and overtime I was promoted and I wore different hats. In terms of professional development and career trajectory, I feel truly blessed that I was provided the opportunity to work at this company. Network for Good has a incredible brand and reputation with nonprofits and it's warranted.

Cons

I honestly do not have any real cons. Like any job there can be frustrations, but when looking at the big picture, this is a amazing company that's growing.

8. "Culture, Experience, quality"

Current Employee - BDR

I have been working at Network for Good full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at NFG is great exposure into the corporate world while working with young and driven professionals who are relatable. If you are looking for a young and fun environment with good pay, and self defined opportunity to move up, it is a great place to work.

Cons

Sales is a tough professional so it requires the right personality. If it fits you, great and you’ll do well but it is important to know.

9. "Sales"

4.0

I have been working at Network for Good full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great and well-diversified company to work for. Being in sales all my life I've worked at a lot of companies where everything is siloed with very little communication and interaction amongst the different groups (i.e. marketing, sales, customer support, etc._ Network for Good cares for everyone and takes their comment seriously and it's a fun group to work for that actually has a great mission, helping nonprofits do better so they can in turn do more good.

Cons

As with any company there are ups and downs as things change, but overall it's a great company to work for that strives to make every change for the better.

10. "An excellent organization focused on nonprofit success!"

I have been working at Network for Good

Pros

Freedom to coach nonprofits using my specific skills and experiences. Good support from the NFG team. Excellent donor management system.

Cons

Make sure the infrastructure is in place before launching new initiatives.

Found 35 reviews