Network for Good Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 27, 2018

4.0
Bill Strathmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work and do good"

I have been working at Network for Good part-time

Pros

People + opportunity to do good

Cons

Sometimes hard to balance competing priorities

2. "Fundraising Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Network for Good full-time

Pros

Great company, managers, and staff

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. But, still a growing company

3. "Fundraising Sales Consultant"

I worked at Network for Good full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and serve wonderful clients in the non-profit sector. Great benefits and recently implemented unlimited vacation policy

Cons

Smaller organization that is constantly changing and recent management changes are a challenge

Advice to Management

More Consistency

4. "Yikes."

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist

I worked at Network for Good full-time

Pros

Cool people, relaxed office environment. Quitting this job was the best day ever.

Cons

The pay is way too low -- there's generally not enough investment in customer support, and then a lot of wondering why customers hate us. There's no meaningful support for career development.

The kicker -- I got personally attacked by my manager during our first 1:1 meeting. She didn't like that I brought ideas to the table and spoke my mind, so said that I have undefined "Personality Problems", even though I got along with all my coworkers. Upper management had no idea how to handle the situation. They think that "negativity" is the problem, when really it's the lack of pay coupled with absurd responsibilities and lack of leadership that makes this place one giant eyeroll.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They're smarter than you.

"Great Place to Launch a Career"

I worked at Network for Good full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Network for Good is a wonderful place, and I would recommend this company to anyone. I've never worked at a place with such a positive culture. People are happy and seem to love coming to work here - I know I did. It's a great place to grow and learn. It has a bit of a startup feel, which can be a negative at times with the amount of work, but this can also be a positive as you'll most likely get to try a lot of new things that a larger company might leave in someone else's hands. Other positives include a substantial amount of vacation time, ability to occasionally work from home, and a great HR director who takes an active role in helping you sort through any issues you may come across. The office has a great location in the heart of downtown DC, which means there's a million different options for lunch or coffee. Oh, and they also have free snacks.

Cons

Network for Good is currently growing very quickly. This is good, but it comes with some side effects that can be a little stressful. For example, I had several bosses during a 2 year period, which meant a lot of adjustments.

Advice to Management

More internal promotions would be a great thing. Also, when a team is continually asking for extra hands, something has to give.

"Cool Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Network for Good full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Network for Good is not the non-profit that some people assume it is. When I was looking at Network for Good and interviewing, my friends had never heard of the company or said it was a non-profit organization but they aren't... they sell software to non-profits to help them raise money online. The company seems to be growing because they are always hiring. Most of the roles they are always hiring for are in the sales department and customer service. I've seen other roles posted too for accounting, IT and HR. The people that have been replaced are mostly in sales but some people just aren't good enough to be in a sales job. I know we are growing, because all the offices and cubes are filled now and we hired a lot of people since I started. I like working here. Every is nice and its a casual environment. We get to wear jeans. We have beer cart days and events. I've sent a couple of my friends to HR because I think they'd like working here too.

Cons

Like most small companies there are some processes that could be a little smoother but it doesn't change any of the pros about the company. The company could hire a receptionist or someone to organize the front where you come in. Maybe nicer coffee, drinks and snacks but there is nothing major that is a con here.

7. "I wouldn't recommend it"

I worked at Network for Good full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"Early dismissal" Fridays, casual office environment, free snacks. Most of the staff is young and fun to socialize with at work and after work.

Cons

Almost no diversity, low pay. Management plays favorites and they don't choose favorites based on performance. If you aren't one of the favorites, don't even think about a salary increase or a promotion.

Advice to Management

Hire some people that reflect some of the diversity of client organizations and the populations they serve and/or solicit for donations. Don't play favorites. You're a for-profit company, pay a competitive wage, people outside of the c-suite and sales team like to be able to pay their bills.

8. "Wonderful experience working here!"

Former Employee - Fundraising Sales Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Network for Good full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great young and upbeat environment with employees who genuinely enjoy coming into work. What made my experience there so wonderful was the team atmosphere. Network for Good works as a whole unit, meaning every member of each department is approachable and ready to collaborate to achieve success for the company. In turn, the company is able to compensate extremely well and ensures that their hardworking employees are rewarded properly.

Personally, I feel very fortunate to have been apart of Network for Good and the amazing services they offer to non-profits. It was truly a fun and rewarding opportunity, and I was sad to have had to leave. I strongly encourage anyone who is contemplating about working at Network for Good to do so, you wont regret it!

Cons

Just like any fast growing company there are always some minor things that come up unexpected; however, Network for Good is always quick responds to make sure that any issues that do arise are taken care of ASAP.

Advice to Management

Keep being interactive with the employees, they greatly appreciate being kept in the loop of whats going on and knowing about future plans/goals for the company.

9. "STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at Network for Good full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a single thing! I have no clue where some of these positive reviews are coming from. Most sales people don't even last a year, the turnover is so high!

Cons

You start your morning with a talk with your manager for you manager to tell you what you will be doing. Then you do exactly what they say and how they say it. If you are allowed to go to lunch then maybe you run out real quick but be careful not to be a minute late! Then you have another meeting with your manager to find out what they want you to do the second half of the day. At the end of the day you have another meeting to discuss what your manager does and doesnt like about you and what you did today.

Advice to Management

I hit my quotas at all my jobs except this one. When you let your employee use their sales skills and be themselves on the phone they are more likely to succeed. Instead you only want mini-me's of their manager and everyone is different. Let people think for themselves and be creative and use their skills!

10. "Solutions Specialist at NFG"

I have been working at Network for Good full-time

Pros

the people, the casual attire, the work events

Cons

the leadership's inability to change the way they spend major budget