Cover image for Neudesic

70 Comments

Tech

467.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Neudesic~117212
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Micro Management at manager level and consultant level spies who creep behind you(in 34 reviews)
  • "The benefits could be better.(in 23 reviews)
  • "It needs higher caliber and more capable managers and a vision to grow beyond its current level.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Senior management green light projects of some of their golden boys without having a proper SWOT analysis in place to even determine if taking a new solution to market is right thing to do.(in 6 reviews)
  • "No 401K match and inconsistent reviews and raises.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Neudesic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow your skills!

Jul 5, 2022 - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

================== === Career growth === ================== Neudesic invests in your career development by providing plenty of incentives to gain industry certifications. The incentive structure is multitiered: incentives are gamified via healthy competition across the company; via periodic reviews which I have been told include consideration of your certification achievements as a significant factor in whether you get a raise or promotion; and via practice leaders, directors, and general managers regularly communicating the benefits of gaining certification. Also, they will pay for your exam fees. Basically, if you join Neudesic, you will be able to gain A LOT of certifications. Personally, I love my employer funding my certification goals, especially since I have worked at companies that don't support you in this area. The company also seems to frequently promote from within, so there seems to be quite a lot of upward mobility. ======================== === Working Environment === ======================== The Houston office offers flexible working conditions. You largely have the freedom to choose when to come in to the office and when to work from home. Sometimes your practice leader or director will encourage coming into the office, but you do get to work from home a lot. I love working from home, and I do feel like I get enough WFH time from Neudesic. ============= === Culture === ============= At the Houston location, the culture is very laid back. Everyone is super chill. Knowledge sharing is encouraged across the organization via regular lunch-and-learns. Practice leaders, directors, and general managers also build culture via group activities: bowling, escape rooms, Schlitterbahn, etc. ============== === Location === ============== The office is in CityCentre, so there are plenty of things to do and food to eat! Managers frequently take you out and treat you to company-paid food or activities.

Cons

None I can think of.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Group of Consultants. Excellent Work/Life Balance

Jun 23, 2022 - Delivery Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent group of experienced, well-rounded consultants. Neudesic places a high importance on continued learning and certifications and makes allowances to ensure consultants have the tools and training they need to excel in their role. Neudesic is now a Microsoft consulting arm of IBM. Great benefits.

Cons

Not really a con but it is consulting so it's not a 9 to 5 job. Typical work week is 40 billable hours plus 5-10 administrative hours. Not bad but it's worth mentioning. Neudesic is now a Microsoft consulting arm of IBM.

3. Join the Neudesic team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great Team and Educators

Oct 18, 2022 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the education from everyone Gold Partnered with Microsoft Great leaders who teach Self development is encouraged and

Cons

Spend alot of time without client work

5. 5.0

Camaraderie - Technology & Business Geniuses - Flexibility

Jul 1, 2022 - Senior UX Product Design Lead in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

An organization that trusts their people & gives them space to grow personally & professionally. Easily build bonds & friendships with a diverse group of people. Passionate about delivering tech & business solutions centered around people's needs. Neudesic is an IBM company

Cons

Difficult if you're not self motivated or are hesitant in taking initiative to collaborate with others

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Collaborative Place to work

Mar 23, 2022 - Senior Consultant II (Software Engineer) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

What distinguishes Neudesic from most consulting firms is their regional model and collaborative nature. I work in the Northeast. The regions tend to be very independent of each other. Sometimes you get on an "out of market" engagement with a different regions, but for the most part you work with a closely knit pool of consultants from your region. We have a string culture of collaboration. While we all have our own engagement commitments, we all help each other out. There is career growth and the ability to move between practices, cloud ops, app innovation and the data team. We seem to be fully remote at the moment with some travel and our clients do not seem eager to get us in person for the most part.

Cons

We were recently acquired by IBM. While this will certainly mean better benefits and growth opportunities, it presents a small risk in terms of cultural change. So far we have every reason to believe in official and informal communications that iBM intends to keep us separate because we could better execute their goals of gaining Azure dominance that way.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Marketing at Neudesic

Jun 22, 2022 - Solutions Marketing Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think the company has a lot of perks and flexibility. They understand work/life balance. Management was generally really great!

Cons

Just might have been better if my manager specifically was more proactive on giving me feedback so I could grow. But probably isn't a company-wide thing (it didn't seem like it was)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Firing on all cylinders

Nov 16, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to take risks. No preconceived notions - anyone can succeed, get promotions, nice bonuses. There's room for nine-to-fivers as well as people that want to go the extra mile or miles. Company interests in team's technical expertise aligns with individual team members' interest in growing their technical expertise. Relatively high billing rates that position teams to do more cutting edge and interesting work for clients since it's generally too expensive to do simple project work or staff augmentation. Doubled in size in the last year due to having found the correct pattern and mix of people to sustain that level of growth. Have fully embraced the "remote work" style of operation and established good patterns to ensure company culture persists despite heavy reliance on tools like MS Teams and face-time is reduced (to zero in some cases)

Cons

High growth can be stressful for some people. Fast-moving place that has lead to leap frogging over things now and then. Some gaps exist because of this such as well-documented recommended learning paths for consultants. These gaps are being closed but they still exist and some people are put off by it.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great people, great company

May 11, 2022 - Delivery Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Nuedesic are great to work with. Very encouraging and care about your career growth. The company just got acquired by IBM, so I believe things will only go up from here.

Cons

No cons yet. 401K matching might be one thing, however I think this will be changing soon.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!

Jun 8, 2022 - Senior Consultant I in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic co-workers and company culture!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

May 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Neudesic has amazing work culture. People here are very supportive and focus on learning and growth. Employees can get certifications (Microsoft, Profisee, Databricks, etc.) for free. They do 401k matching as well.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 339 Reviews
</>Embed

Neudesic Reviews FAQs

Neudesic has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 537 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Neudesic to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Neudesic employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Neudesic. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

96% of Neudesic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Neudesic 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Neudesic to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.