Neumont College of Computer Science Reviews | Glassdoor

Neumont College of Computer Science CEO Aaron Reed
Aaron Reed
  1. "Wonderful school"

Current Employee - Faculty in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honest, Ethical, Student-focuses, respectful atmosphere, excellent career-life balance

Cons

Stagnant advancement opportunities, little work with other faculty members

Neumont College of Computer Science2017-09-05
  2. "Student at Neumont College of Computer Science"

Current Employee - Student in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Neumont strives to give it's students the ability to adapt and learn. Students are given real life experience in the field and graduate within 3 years allowing them to get in and out.

Cons

Scheduling can be ugly and ridiculous. I sometimes have quarters where I spend 12~ hours in the building. It's culture is "Geed centered" meaning most students don't have the best hygiene.

Advice to Management

Fix the Schedules. pls.

Neumont College of Computer Science2019-05-31

"Nice first job, nothing long term."

Current Employee - Academic Coach

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy money for helping with something you enjoy.

Cons

There's a lot that goes on that isn't talked about.

Neumont College of Computer Science2019-05-10

"Could be great; Was great; No longer great"

Current Employee - Student in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

3 year graduation plan Use to have great staff Great location

Cons

No longer has great staff Cater to students instead of focusing on providing a great education, while somehow ignoring criticism that works to fix the issue.

Neumont College of Computer Science2018-04-28

"Academic Coach"

Former Employee - Academic Coach in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time for less than a year

Pros

The senior faculty is amazing. As an academic coach, you work directly under your professor, and you work very closely with them to guide students not just to learn the subjects, but to be interested in the subjects so they do their own research. As a student myself, I had to go to coaches, and when I helped a student, it made me feel as if I was continuing the legacy of my predecessors.

Cons

I went above and beyond my duties, staying late, reaching out to struggling students, offering extensive feedback on assignments, grading mountains of work, and I got amazing reviews. I did not feel like I was rewarded for any of that. I didn't get a raise or a bonus, all I asked for was a nice company polo so I could feel like a part of the team, and I couldn't even get that when almost every other student position...

Advice to Management

Allow coaches and instructors to design strategies on a class by class bases. Every group of students needs a different solution, and there is no one size fits all. Also academic coaches are import, we are the first line of defense from keeping students from leaving, but it doesn't seem like management is interested in appreciating coaches as much as they appreciate the more outward facing student employees.

Neumont College of Computer Science2018-04-12

"Neumont Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont College of Computer Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy teaching and helping students learn. The school location is convenient/close to trax station. Administrative staff is extremely supportive. I am passionate about computer science, so while I was there, I really loved the teaching part of my job.

Cons

The chief academic officer of the school is the reason I stopped teaching at Neumont. He is a former programmer that got a masters and doctorate through online degree mills. He makes promises that he has no intention of keeping, does not support his faculty, and takes credit for the accomplishment of others. Hands down, he was the worst boss I've ever worked with. Complete disaster of a manager.

Advice to Management

Make a change in the chief academic officer position. Fill it with someone that understands education, has experience, and legitimate degrees. Don't allow your middle managers to make promises to instructors that are unrealistic, and if they do lie to their subordinates about benefits, they should have consequences.

Neumont College of Computer Science2017-08-18

"Great Company, Great School!"

Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Neumont is like a family, if you do your best and are up front with management, they will bend over backwards to be understanding of any situation that arises. They truly care about the students who attend the school and their well being. I hear nothing but positive comments from the current students regarding their experiences at Neumont. Neumont provides both staff and students with a TRAX pass, which helps immensely...

Cons

The high tuition costs drive away many students, which is too bad.

Neumont College of Computer Science2017-08-02

"Student Workers"

I worked at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time

Pros

Flexible hours with nice management

Cons

Other Student Worker Jobs do not do much

Neumont College of Computer Science2017-08-10

"Future is not looking bright"

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time

Pros

Good staff that is willing to help students and make their futures as bright as possible.

Cons

The good staff are leaving and the new marketing techniques are going to bring the School's reputation down.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Instructors and their suggestions

Neumont College of Computer Science2016-10-19

Neumont College of Computer Science Response

October 27, 2016Marketing Associate

Thank you for sharing your opinion of Neumont as an employee! We’re proud of our staff and faculty who work so hard to help our students succeed. We’re sorry to hear you disagree with some of Neumont’s recent decisions as the organization grows. Change is difficult, and we are sad ...

"Lost their accreditation"

Former Employee - Director of Financial Services in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont College of Computer Science

Pros

The original founders had great ideas. Too bad they were never realized.

Cons

Neumont is accredited by ACICS. ACICS is no longer recognized as an approved accrediting agency by the US Dept. of Education.

Advice to Management

Teach 'em out and close it up. You should have gone to regional accreditation when you opened the doors many years ago.

Neumont College of Computer Science2016-09-23

Neumont College of Computer Science Response

September 30, 2016Marketing Associate

Our excellent Senior Management are proactive to ensure that Neumont University remains a leader in computer education. See following press release reagarding our accreditation status. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neumont-addresses-accreditation-300336183.html ...

Found 27 reviews