Neumont College of Computer Science Reviews

Aaron Reed
  1. "Wonderful school"

5.0
    Current Employee - Faculty in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honest, Ethical, Student-focuses, respectful atmosphere, excellent career-life balance

Cons

Stagnant advancement opportunities, little work with other faculty members

2. "Coach"

Current Employee - Academic Coach

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time for more than a year

Pros

Educated and guided students through education. Worked around my schedule

Cons

Part Time position with not great pay

"What a circus this place is!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Instructor, College Or University in Payson, UT

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time for less than a year

Pros

students are excited about learning computer tech

Cons

everything else- managment, financial concerns, accreditation, future

Continue reading

"Okay at first, but goes down hill quickly"

1.0
    Current Employee - Academic Coach in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Work with peers and people that understand tech.

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, and questioned about every decision you make

Continue reading

"Student at Neumont College of Computer Science"

Current Employee - Student in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Neumont strives to give it's students the ability to adapt and learn. Students are given real life experience in the field and graduate within 3 years allowing them to get in and out.

Cons

Scheduling can be ugly and ridiculous. I sometimes have quarters where I spend 12~ hours in the building. It's culture is "Geed centered" meaning most students don't have the best hygiene.

Continue reading

"Nice first job, nothing long term."

Current Employee - Academic Coach

Pros

Easy money for helping with something you enjoy.

Cons

There's a lot that goes on that isn't talked about.

"Could be great; Was great; No longer great"

Current Employee - Student in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

3 year graduation plan Use to have great staff Great location

Cons

No longer has great staff Cater to students instead of focusing on providing a great education, while somehow ignoring criticism that works to fix the issue.

"Academic Coach"

Former Employee - Academic Coach in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont College of Computer Science part-time for less than a year

Pros

The senior faculty is amazing. As an academic coach, you work directly under your professor, and you work very closely with them to guide students not just to learn the subjects, but to be interested in the subjects so they do their own research. As a student myself, I had to go to coaches, and when I helped a student, it made me feel as if I was continuing the legacy of my predecessors.

Cons

I went above and beyond my duties, staying late, reaching out to struggling students, offering extensive feedback on assignments, grading mountains of work, and I got amazing reviews. I did not feel like I was rewarded for any of that. I didn't get a raise or a bonus, all I asked for was a nice company polo so I could feel like a part of the team, and I couldn't even get that when almost every other student position gets some kind of uniform.

"Neumont Instructor"

2.0
    Former Employee - Instructor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont College of Computer Science full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy teaching and helping students learn. The school location is convenient/close to trax station. Administrative staff is extremely supportive. I am passionate about computer science, so while I was there, I really loved the teaching part of my job.

Cons

The chief academic officer of the school is the reason I stopped teaching at Neumont. He is a former programmer that got a masters and doctorate through online degree mills. He makes promises that he has no intention of keeping, does not support his faculty, and takes credit for the accomplishment of others. Hands down, he was the worst boss I've ever worked with. Complete disaster of a manager.

Continue reading

"Great Company, Great School!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Neumont College of Computer Science full-time for more than a year

Pros

Neumont is like a family, if you do your best and are up front with management, they will bend over backwards to be understanding of any situation that arises. They truly care about the students who attend the school and their well being. I hear nothing but positive comments from the current students regarding their experiences at Neumont. Neumont provides both staff and students with a TRAX pass, which helps immensely with the commute to downtown SLC.

Cons

The high tuition costs drive away many students, which is too bad.

Found 30 reviews