Neumont University Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Student Worker"

Current Employee - Student Worker in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Student Worker in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Neumont University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a learning experience and everyone is like family

Cons

Some lack of communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Have team building exercises.

"Future is not looking bright"

I have been working at Neumont University part-time

Pros

Good staff that is willing to help students and make their futures as bright as possible.

Cons

The good staff are leaving and the new marketing techniques are going to bring the School's reputation down.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Instructors and their suggestions

Oct 27, 2016 – Marketing Associate

Thank you for sharing your opinion of Neumont as an employee! We’re proud of our staff and faculty who work so hard to help our students succeed. We’re sorry to hear you disagree with some of ... More

3. "Lost their accreditation"

Former Employee - Director of Financial Services in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Director of Financial Services in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The original founders had great ideas. Too bad they were never realized.

Cons

Neumont is accredited by ACICS. ACICS is no longer recognized as an approved accrediting agency by the US Dept. of Education.

Advice to Management

Teach 'em out and close it up. You should have gone to regional accreditation when you opened the doors many years ago.

Sep 30, 2016 – Marketing Associate

Our excellent Senior Management are proactive to ensure that Neumont University remains a leader in computer education. See following press release reagarding our accreditation status ... More

"Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor, College Or University in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Instructor, College Or University in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of material to learn, loved the teaching, classrooms were nice, curriculum was very organized and planned out. I became a much better teacher because I spent so much time in the classroom.

Cons

Extremely political environment in the academics department. School is owned by investors that are hyper-focused on making a profit over providing a solid education. My position was eliminated so they could hire on more part-time faculty at a lower pay rate. Worked out ok because I was already fed up and looking. The Dean of Academics was particularly unqualified and difficult to work with. He basically sat in his office and watched sports on his computer all day.

Advice to Management

Don't make your instructors teach in the classroom 35 hours a week. Remember you are a school, and the students come first. If you provide a good education to students, you will be successful. Don't be so profit driven.

Sep 30, 2016 – Marketing Associate

No faculty positions have been eliminated in the past 3 years. Instead, with the growth of our institution, we have had to add additional full-time positions. Neumont does make use of Adjunct ... More

6. "Resident Advisor"

Pros

The community and work environment is fantastic. I worked with a great set of individuals, and it's really fun working with students in the housing program.

Cons

There were days and duties that I did not expect would take up all of my weekend once in a while. Moving furniture gets tiresome after a few hours, and the organization of housing move in activities can be frustrating.

"Great school with dedicated staff."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Neumont University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great students, great mission, dedicated faculty and staff.

Cons

Small school so you must wear a lot of hats. This is mostly good and creates some great learning opportunities, but it also creates stressful situations when.

"Instructor"

Former Employee - Member in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Member in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good school, nice people, fun location in the heart of downtown SLC. You are surrounded by mostly eager students who want to learn computer science.

Cons

Teaching load is heavy. You are in the classroom four hours a day typically. Not a lot of opportunities to develop expertise when you are constantly teaching and grading and developing new courses.

"Passionate staff, amazing product, burnout risk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont University full-time

Pros

Great product. They really provide the best Computer Science education available to students. Very innovative approach and they provide students with lots of support and resources. The staff and faculty are passionate about the mission of the school.

Cons

Staff burn out happens periodically. The company is understaffed, and the existing staff fills in the gaps. Higher staff turnover and higher stress than other places I've worked. Also, small company, so there isn't much room for upward career growth.

Advice to Management

Executive office needs to improve staff recognition and development. Increase staffing and you will probably improve turnover problem!

"Great school"

Pros

The faculty really know what they are teaching and how it applies to the industry

Cons

If you're planning on attending be prepare to work hard

"Students for Students"

Former Employee - Academic Coach in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Academic Coach in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont University (Less than a year)

Pros

Great faculty and helping fellow students is always a good feeling. Supplemental pay for student life is always a plus.

Cons

Sometimes faculty and students are unwilling to cooperate. Scheduling sometimes makes it difficult to get students together outside of class. Much of the job is "playing by ear"

Advice to Management

It would be great to see more widespread support for the student positions. They could be something really great if they were more entwined in the curriculum.