New Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've been here at New Acquisitions less than 8 months and have moved further than I did in my previous company where I was for years (in 12 reviews)

• The growth potential is great, the company culture is great, and also how supportive everyone is (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are involved but that comes with wanting to move fast through the program (in 4 reviews)

• Creativity from new employees is great but sticking to a script and focusing is also important (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I worked for a company for years prior to this and gained so much experience, but it ended up taking me no where. I was passed up by people who didn't put nearly as much work in. I've been here at New Acquisitions less than 8 months and have moved further than I did in my previous company where I was for years. It's all performance based, and I've even passed people that have been here longer. You will fall behind if you're not on your A game! You never know who's going to step up and take that leadership role to the next level . The expectation is clear and it's up to you to meet it. Everyone encourages each other to perform well and succeed, however, there's plenty of competition as well. The whole goal is to develop leaders, so there has to be a good work ethic as well. I'm looking forward to putting everything that I'm learning here to work in my own office and continue developing others.

Cons

I don't really see any negatives other than it takes a lot of time and dedication! Once your motivation is there, you can hit the ground running.

Advice to Management

I see this company going so far! And I can't wait to be apart of it.

"Travel benefits"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compared to my last career choice New Acquisitions is a complete 180, and I’m really enjoying it. I was tired of the same day-to-day office job I got right after graduation so I started looking around. After checking out their IG I liked the company culture and charity events I saw. I’ve only been here for about 4 months now and I got picked to travel to Dallas, Tx for a personal development seminar! They really show how much they care here.

Cons

I was used to a 9-5 so getting acclimated to the different hours at first was bit of an adjustment.

Advice to Management

Let’s do a Braves game for our corporate event this week!

Apr 5, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Dear Reviewer,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to deliver this feedback! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your time with us and also growing professionally as well. Also, we appreciate... More

"2/3 Work 1/3 Fun"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture. Weekly team events like escape the room and ninja warrior course. Competitive in office work culture, but not over the top. Community involvement is talked about and a huge part of the corporate culture. Habitat for humanity was such a rewarding, fun and emotional event that I will remember for a very long time.

Cons

Easy to get lost in the shuffle if engagement early is low. It takes some people time to buy into the culture the company is all about. If you are just looking for a job, this will not be a good fit. Very front end loaded program that takes a great student mentality.

Advice to Management

Give people more time to find their way within the company. Continue the community involvement, it made a huge impact on my personal life.

"6 Months In..."

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Real world development. Great for someone starting a career or to build a resume and create a path to success. Weekly target setting and feedback on progress. Feedback from even new employees is encouraged and acted upon. The company is adapting to the millennial generation and it's talked about constantly. The focus seems like they are trying to create the google/amazon work environment

Cons

With the adaptations to generations, somethings don't work but give them time if they do not work right away. Creativity from new employees is great but sticking to a script and focusing is also important. Travel is something offered but only to the top of the branch.

Advice to Management

If there are changes being made, stick to them and see them through. A few ideas that were started could of worked but the plug got pulled too early. (Bucket list implementation)

"Assistant Director"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Memphis, TN

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a military and corporate background, I didn't know this type of opportunity was here in Atlanta. Everything was very transparent to what I needed to do. I learned skills that I never had before coming here. It really changed my life because the skills that I learned not only helped me to become successful here but it transferred into other areas in my personal life to where life has been great for me and for others. New Acquisitions has helped me in so many ways that I really appreciate everything they have to offer. This is not the average job, they helped me reach my goals in the company and in my personal life.

Cons

You need an open mind for new ideas and new information. It's like you are going back to school.

Advice to Management

When playing competitive sports for team night, lets remember to stretch before playing. We don't want people pulling muscles like Adam.

"Great company"

Pros

The growth potential is great, the company culture is great, and also how supportive everyone is. I liked how management really took time out of their day to help the new people.

Cons

If I had to choose a con, honestly it would be living closer to the office to avoid Atlanta traffic.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed my one on one dinner, when I was there. Continue to do those, because I wish I had the opportunity to do that with my current company.

7. "Made the right decision!"

Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many! I have been with the company for about 6 months now and I have already reached a leadership position and have started to teach and train others. Very recently, I was given the opportunity to train with a new client that we are taking on. I get support every day for my coworkers and from the great management staff to help me reach my goals and I am continuously learning something new. I was able to put my degree to use and luckily find something on my first try that gave me to financial stability and advancement that I was looking for!

Cons

It does take work and a student mentality. I had to learn a lot of new things when I first started, but like I said, I was able to get the right training that I need and have constant interaction with management staff in case I have any questions or am struggling with anything.

Advice to Management

Love our team nights and the opportunity to bond with everyone outside of the office. Love how you guys celebrate birthdays!

"corporate trainer"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Huge opportunity for growth and advancement. Management never lied about anything and was always willing to help you get to the next level.

Cons

weeks where you might work long hours

Advice to Management

new places for team night!

"not what you'd think"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

meet some nice people. anyone can do this job
    small chance to progress
    everyone starts at the bottom
    if you want to stand in Home Depot or Sams club selling a service this is for you!

Cons

play obvious favorites, potential to move up but very limited and takes a long time. you have to train people below you to move up but the turn over rate is too fast to achieve that
    manager flashes "expensive" watch at you as motivation "my watch is worth more than you'll make in the month"
    people really only care about how much money you can make. requires no smarts or knowledge. just common sense
    its not marketing. purely sales in retailers
    long hours. make you get there at 730am, but don't pay you until 8
    they don't pay for travel or gas, but require you to drive to multiple locations, and you're not on the clock while you're traveling even though its mandatory.
    was told to get a better portfolio, and a manicure to look professional.
    gather 20+ people in a small room to talk about daily goals and boast
    they talked a lot about psychology of this job- it doesn't apply at all.
    should have followed my instincts that it was a strange work place

Advice to Management

tell people what the actual job is before you hire them, oh and give them the chance to decline the job before welcoming them onboard.

Feb 27, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Dear reviewer,
    Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback! We're sorry to hear that we didn't have a longterm fit here, but we're glad that you met some nice people along the way! In... More

"Client Representative"

Former Employee - Real Estate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Real Estate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The energy from everyone is through the roof. I enjoyed coming into work every day knowing I had a great position and the sky was the limit! Adam and Drake were terrific mentors and always set the tone. The success drive is most certainly there, but you have to want it every day and have to fight every day to be successful within the business. You grow every day in this business regardless of your previous work history. Great location and business professional dress code most of the time especially in the office. Great position for someone fresh out of college.

Cons

Once you leave “Atmosphere” (meetings 3-5 times a week depending on your role), you are sent out to sell a service or product 6 days a week. Doesn’t leave much room for a balanced work life vs. personal life. You must be on your “A” game daily if you want to move up. Errors and mistakes will occur, but you have to be strong minded and bounce back from any situation or issue. The pay is minimal an hour ($10) and all commission based. For someone that has consistent bills flowing in, it is not the position to take unless you have a good amount in your savings account.

Advice to Management

Great leadership overall and really appreciate the “open door” policy! Makes everyone feel welcomed and important. I really wouldn’t change anything about the way the business operates. Adam was more than helpful when it came to any situation. Very grateful for the guidance and assistance.

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience at our company. We're so happy that you saw yourself growing both professionally and personally during your time with us... More