New Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Joining the team at New Acquisitions was a great experience" (in 15 reviews)

• "The growth potential is great, the company culture is great, and also how supportive everyone is" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours are involved but that comes with wanting to move fast through the program" (in 4 reviews)

• "Requires a lot of hard work and a strong mentality but you get what you put in" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Awesome Corporate Culture"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love this company and am so glad I found it! The culture here is amazing, I really have found the work home I've been looking for. This was my first job out of college and I was nervous because I didn't have a lot of prior experience. Most companies were looking for 5 years of experience or more so I was thrilled when I found out that they provide training and mentorship and don’t require a ton of experience in marketing. I've really noticed in my time here that New Acquisitions truly invests in their employees and cares about them personally and professionally. The management team is super helpful and supportive but also great at challenging me as well. The growth I’ve seen here has been huge and more than I know I would see in years at other companies. The people here really make the atmosphere too, they are fun, upbeat, positive and professional and it makes it a place that I’m excited to go to every morning. Team nights are super fun too, they allow me to really get to know the other employees better and as a result a lot of the employees here have become my closest friends. Not to mention they also work with a lot of charities too, I was super excited that they recently adopted a tiger from the Atlanta Zoo as I love animals and really respect and value charitable work. All in all this company is an amazing place to work and I’m super excited to see what the future holds for me here.

Cons

Really for me the con is that I think if I ever leave here I won't be satisfied with a typical 9 to 5 as the atmosphere here is just far superior to any other job I've had. I suppose for others though, the con would probably be that it is not for everyone it is not a cushy 9 to 5 so if you're looking for a job that is easy and doesn't require much effort that I would look somewhere else. Here, they expect you to work hard and put in the effort and they will challenge you to do and be better than you are so if you're looking for a place that will help you grow both personally and professionally than I highly suggest it.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the support and mentorship that you give, it has really helped me succeed here. Thank you for the time and effort you've invested in me as I have really grown tremendously in my time here. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

"Growing Company - Advancement Opportunities"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I was a little nervous starting with New Acquisitions because I did not have much sales or marketing experience. But they provided a lot of hands-training to make sure I was learning as well as team nights to help me meet the company. It's a fun company with a family vibe. The company recently gained additional clients to represent which means more growth for current team members. I know I made the right decision when it came to choosing a new company to start a new career.

Cons

Requires a lot of hard work and a strong mentality but you get what you put in.

Advice to Management

Loved the team nights and coaching so keep it up.

"Opening Doors"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was personally recruited to New Acquistions by an employee at the time, and heard nothing but good things. I couldn't help but be a little skeptical because of past experiences and it just seemed too good to be true. On my first day, I was in a room surronded by high energy individuals and being the new girl, it was a little intimidating. Naturally I just kind of went with the flow and knew that it was sink or swim. I have to admit that I am soo happy that I chose to "swim". For my first few months, I got familiar with the sales team and learned the in and outs. Until another opportunity with the company fell into my lap. Our director of operations offered me a position on the administrative team and felt like it would be a good fit. Of course I took the position and actually started training the same day in the office. Our office manager and the other girls in the office were such a HUGE help during this transition. I had so many questions and they never skipped a beat in answering them. Fast forward a year and a half later, an all inclusive trip to Punta Cana and an brand new office space, I was a "right hand man" to managers from different parts of the country. My growth at New Acquisitions in that year and a half time frame was like a flash of light. Starting with little to no experience in the industry, it seemed like I'd become a new person in my time being there. With no college degree, I was working along side of folks with Masters. Not long ago, I parted with the company to pursue living in my dream city 4 hours away. I believe that leaving my office and coworkers was no doubt the hardest part. New Acquistions truly shaped my professionalism to where it is now. They seriously went above and beyond taking a shot on 19 year old me. My experience there has opened so many doors for my future now and I'll always be grateful for what I recieved working at New Acquisitions!

Cons

Being that I lived a good hour away, ATL traffic took a toll, if that counts as a con. You really have to apply & motivate yourself, sink or swim!

Advice to Management

Seriously keep it up, and keep giving other folks what you've given me! I can't thank you guys enough :)

4. "I beg you to find a different job"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

There are some decent people.

Cons

Don't consider applying to this job unless you have the type of money to constantly put into your car.
    The typical day includes a morning meeting where you role play with coworkers. Many meetings contain you being told "you are overqualified" but also " this is too easy for you to not be getting $1000 a week." You then drive to a local Sam's Club or Costco- some locations are around 45 minutes away without traffic.
    Inside a Costco or Sam's Club, you stand on a very old mat, behind a desk, and attempt for people to buy phones or DirecTV. In many of the stores, many people do not speak english. They will be rude to you because they are simply trying to shop.

This company will not care about your life. They will tell you their process is easy- which it might be in the good stores. If they have a problem will you, they will not tell you, and just assume you are quitting. They do not work with you to make you become better, instead, they will repeat their previous "lessons."

The hours will take up your whole life. You will not have a social life. You only get one day off a week.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee's like actual people, instead of people who simply make money for you.
    Don't tell people "they should only eat a pizza in 5 minutes," when the app you use automatically takes 30 minutes out of each paycheck.
    Have morning meetings actually be constructive.

"Molding an entrepreneurial future"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions (Less than a year)

Pros

One day is never compared to the next, there's always something that I can take from a work day that will help me improve the next. Hard work never goes unnoticed by upper management and the president. There's constantly travel opportunity to different conferences around the country and opportunities to step up as a leader in the office. That alone only motivates me to push for greater results. There's so much opportunity in the business, I know that it doesn't stop here. I love how involved the company is in the community, they recently adopted a Tiger at Zoo Atlanta and our president even recieved first place in a benefit for the Boy Scouts. I truly take pride in working for such a giving company. The team culture in the office and our weekly team nights is an awesome enviornment to work in. I definitely made the right business decision, I haven't looked back since! Management has been open and candid from the start, I'm so excited to build my future on the opportunity that I have here!

Cons

Your development is based on the work you put in. You have to hold yourself accountable and have control of your own growth.

Advice to Management

More creative team nights would be a plus!

"Propelling forward"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Joining the team at New Acquisitions was a great experience. I worked for them for about a year while obtaining my real estate license. The pay structure (base pay + incentives) allowed me to have a stable income, while also strengthening my entrepreneurial spirit. I accepted the position because they offered a lot of hands-on training in marketing, business and sales, and they delivered. I was given mentorship, gained valuable networking connections across various markets and even traveled to attended conferences. Honestly, I feel like I gained at least 3 years of experience within a year's worth of time. After obtaining my real estate license, the team was ecstatic for me and even celebrated my accomplishment with me, even though they knew that meant I'd be leaving to chase my real estate goals. They really care about their team members and I'm thankful for all of the time they invested in me.

Cons

Just like with any company or occupation, it's not always going to be for everyone. But time spent learning transferrable skills is never wasted in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the time and effort that you invested in my during my time there. Working with your company was a huge boost to my career.

"Sales job, not marketing or advertising."

Former Employee - Internship in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Internship in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, positive outlooks, team bonding

Cons

Hard work for not enough money, everyone gets hired, lie about the position

Advice to Management

Tell the truth

New Acquisitions Response

Jun 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Dear Reviewer,
    Thanks for reaching out and giving us your feedback! We're sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience at our company, but we're glad to hear that you met some great people... More

"What A Joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Absolutely zero pros. Not one.

Cons

This "company" is a complete lie from top to bottom. They lie to you from the start and promise big money when in reality you are thrown into a Costco to sell Direct TV. This company operates on lies and deceit to get as many people to work for them as possible. It's a pyramid scheme in its truest form. The highest turnover rate of employees I've ever seen. This company is completely unethical. I would have given it zero stars if that was an option.

Advice to Management

Quit lying. Just get rid of this company entirely.

New Acquisitions Response

May 25, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Dear reviewer,

First, we would like to thank you for your feedback as we appreciate feedback regardless of the nature. Second, we would like to say that we are very sorry to hear that you had... More

"2/3 Work 1/3 Fun"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture. Weekly team events like escape the room and ninja warrior course. Competitive in office work culture, but not over the top. Community involvement is talked about and a huge part of the corporate culture. Habitat for humanity was such a rewarding, fun and emotional event that I will remember for a very long time.

Cons

Easy to get lost in the shuffle if engagement early is low. It takes some people time to buy into the culture the company is all about. If you are just looking for a job, this will not be a good fit. Very front end loaded program that takes a great student mentality.

Advice to Management

Give people more time to find their way within the company. Continue the community involvement, it made a huge impact on my personal life.

"6 Months In..."

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Real world development. Great for someone starting a career or to build a resume and create a path to success. Weekly target setting and feedback on progress. Feedback from even new employees is encouraged and acted upon. The company is adapting to the millennial generation and it's talked about constantly. The focus seems like they are trying to create the google/amazon work environment

Cons

With the adaptations to generations, somethings don't work but give them time if they do not work right away. Creativity from new employees is great but sticking to a script and focusing is also important. Travel is something offered but only to the top of the branch.

Advice to Management

If there are changes being made, stick to them and see them through. A few ideas that were started could of worked but the plug got pulled too early. (Bucket list implementation)