New Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I was a little nervous starting with New Acquisitions because I did not have much sales or marketing experience" (in 16 reviews)

• "The growth potential is great, the company culture is great, and also how supportive everyone is" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Requires a lot of hard work and a strong mentality but you get what you put in" (in 4 reviews)

• "Long hours are involved but that comes with wanting to move fast through the program" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Mentorship"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The guidance I've received here so far is amazing. They really mentor you unlike most places I've worked. The environment is upbeat and I enjoy the other people in the office.

Cons

The coaching can be tough sometimes. However, I'd rather have that than being stuck in a meaningless role with no growth.

Advice to Management

More one-on-one dinners with the top individuals.

2. "Fast Paced Growth, Extensive Cross Training"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Great office atmosphere with a lot of energy and positivity. From the start I was welcomed in and taught everything that would be pertinent to success within each position. Having had no experience in the marketing field we worked from the ground up and my trainer helped me progress quickly. Throughout my time here I have learned many different facets of business and how to be successful within a leadership role. The team culture permeates every aspect of the business and makes this a rewarding work environment and a supportive structure to continue developing both personally and professionally.

Cons

Everyday brings with it new and unexpected challenges. Because the business moves very quickly, if I don't perform at a high level on a daily basis then that is when problems arise. I am the only person responsible for my success so maintaining my work ethic is paramount.

Advice to Management

Continue to have an open door policy towards every employee as it was invaluable to my development to feel heard and appreciated within the company.

3. "Culture & Growth"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I like the excitement and the environment. Its very positive.
    Team nights are a fun and it gives you a chance to get to know the people in office.
    You are in control of your own success
    Paid training
    They have base pay plus commission/bonuses

Cons

There is no room for excuses.

4. "Sales"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Friendly working environment , great customer service

Cons

No cons, fun people to be around n

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Awesome Opportunity, Great Corporate Culture, Not Without Effort"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really respected the management staff and loved the employees here. The culture they've created was friendly, upbeat and welcoming from the start. The employees are all great and super easy to get along with. The opportunity presented is amazing and for those that put the effort in I saw that it can be rewarding. I also really loved that they worked with charitable events as well an even worked with a charity that I had suggested that meant something to me, which was awesome.

Cons

I would say the main negative for me was that I wasn't expecting the effort that I would have to put in for the job. The opportunity seems amazing and almost to good to be true from the start. The reality of it is that it takes a lot of effort to manage a team of people and help them to be successful while still being successful yourself. It is amazing that they provide the training and mentorship to help you get there, but it really isn't for everyone as I realized that it wasn't for me. Perhaps eventually I will get to a point where I am able to manage it and may come back to this opportunity, but fresh out of college this was definitely something I struggled with not having much previous experience managing a team of dedicated individuals.

6. "A dedicated team of individuals who want you to succeed!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full recognition will be given to those who are working haring and setting the pace for everyone else. Management is dedicated to all of its employees and treats interns as regular employees!! Respect is shown on all levels, and everyone is so supportive of each other. I was promoted after a couple of months of working here so growth is definitely available.

Cons

The job seemed a lot easier from the outside in, hard work and good mentality are required in order to succeed in this environment.

Advice to Management

Prep individuals on what kind of attitude is expected in order to succeed in the business.

7. "Corporate Trainer"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience at New Acquisitions allowed me to learn a ton, I hadn't had much experience in the workforce so it was awesome to be offered an entry level position that didn't require a ton of experience. I realized that I didn't know much about how life works in the business world. This job taught me a ton about how to operate in the business world such as the importance of showing up on time, communicating with management, maintaining a good attitude, etc. I learned a ton of great life skills.

Cons

I realized that I wasn't fully ready to start a career at this point and I needed to figure out what I wanted to do first, but I really value the experience I gained here.

Advice to Management

The career opportunity offered here is awesome, it just isn't for me at this time.

8. "Very happy"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

- Great location in Atlanta
    - Managers care about growth within the office
    - You'll work with great people
    - Lots of training within the office
    - Cross-training
    - Travel perks (I've personally been to two separate conferences in Texas and Florida)
    - Gym membership

Cons

- Hours can be long

Advice to Management

I love the atmosphere in the office. Thanks for making it a fun place to work

9. "Continued growth, positive work environment, determination required."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started out as an intern and have decided to come on board as a full-time employee. New Acquisitions helped me with not only my professional development but also my personal development. I am continuing to learn more about myself and have noticed a considerable difference in my daily attitude. I am a more positive individual as I have learned how to deal with stressful situations healthily. Because of my hard work and determination, I was able to receive training in brand management, sales, and advertising as well as management.

Cons

To be honest, the mental challenge of going through the training process as well as leading a group of individuals who are here for a career as just an intern was more challenging than I thought going into it.

Advice to Management

Preempt people on the difficultly and determination needed to do well within the company.

10. "Great Culture, Great people, Great opportunity!"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people! I went in looking for experience and a chance to prove to myself I was ready for a more serious job. They took my career and goals very serious. I tend to be a very curious and skeptical person. They were very open with every question that I needed answered. I got to see myself grow individually and even saw changes in my personal life.

Cons

You get out what you put into it. They reward those that do the best. I had to work my way up in the company.