New Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Giving back to the community"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm currently studying for my bachelors in business management and I love the training that I've received here so far. But my favorite thing about New Acquisitions is the fact that they constantly give back to the community which is why I chose to work here. We got to participate with Meals on Wheels and when I mentioned the Swing For Siblings golf tournament that helps foster children that were separated in the system reunite, they jumped at the chance to participate. I've never had managers that are so into helping the community.

Cons

They don't treat part-time students or interns any differently than the full-time permanent employees so the work can get a little tough to manage at times. I told them that I was having a hard time balancing and they helped me figure out a schedule so I could have enough time for school and life in general while also making sure that I'm progressing at work.

Advice to Management

I really hope that one day I'll be able to manage an entire business and pay it forward to those in need like you guys have shown me to do.

New Acquisitions Response

Aug 14, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for commenting on our charitable endeavors! We aim to make giving back to the community a major part of our corporate culture at New Acquisitions, so I'm glad you've been able to participate... More

2. "Can't Say Enough"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Buford, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been an athlete my entire life. After graduation was not really sure which direction I was going to take with my career after college. I applied everywhere, went on a ton of interview, but was very selective in picking my workplace. I am so glad to have found this company. They even took the time to sit down with me before I accepted the offer, break everything down with me one more time and answer any questions I had. The company culture is great! Every manager shares the same drive for excellence. You can see everyone's drive for success in the way they do business and carry themselves every day. They come to work with a positive attitude and encourage everyone to achieve bigger and better things.
    I have learned so much about business, about how to reach my goals, and how to be a better leader since working here. I was so blessed to find such an amazing work home and work-family right out of college. I owe huge thanks to what Pulse has taught me so far and I can't wait to crawl my way to the top.

Cons

The work can be challenging and very easy to overthink. Don't overthink the process, just do what you know works.

Advice to Management

Thank you for this opportunity. I think the only advice would be to keep the momentum going and getting everyone excited about what's to come. Keep doing what you are doing. I'm so excited to see where this company goes!

3. "Can't say enough"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Buford, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been an athlete my entire life. After graduation was not really sure which direction I was going to take with my career. I applied to a ton of companies and went on a ton of interviews, but was very selective when it came to accepting an offer. I am so glad to have found this company. They actually even sat down with me, broke everything down, and answered any questions for me before I accepted their offer. The company culture is great! Every manager shares the same drive for excellence. They don't just talk about their success. You can see their drive for success in they do business and carry themselves every day. They come to work with a positive attitude and encourage everyone to achieve bigger and better things.
    I have learned so much about business, about how to reach my goals, and how to be a better leader since working here. I am so blessed to have found a work home and work family right out of college. I am so glad to have this opportunity to grow with this company and do big things!

Advice to Management

4. "Awesome place, great people"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

- hands on training
    - open door policy
    - room for advancement
    - advancement based on merit, not seniority
    - great group of people to work with, felt welcomed instantly

Cons

- work can be tedious
    - taking honest feedback can be hard if you're not used to it, but all is constructive and meant to make you better

Advice to Management

The feedback I got from the management team was always spot on. Thanks for always being honest with me so that I could get better at my job!

5. "Great learning environment"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For those new to the workforce, this place could give you the kick in the ars you need to work hard and set goals for yourself. Management could not be better in terms of motivating their team to meet sales goals and become better entrepreneurs. Co-workers are young, like minded, hard working individuals. Work environment is fun and competitive.

Cons

The work is a grind - sales in big name retail stores - but the pay is worth it if you work hard and make progress. No benefits until you're promoted.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront in the online job recruiting process so as not to create a sense of deception between management and potential employees before they walk in the door.

6. "Wouldn't trade my experience here for anything"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I worked with New Acquisitions from 2015-2017 and gained experience that helped me land my current position which was my ultimate goal career. I joined the New Acquisitions team with no idea what the marketing realm was actually like. I learned how to give and receive feedback, invaluable skills in marketing/sales/advertising, and how to manage myself and others in the work place.
    I learned that there are no free rides to the top in the corporate world! They taught me how to apply my skillsets in positive, productive ways in order to advance and gain respect among my peers. Once I realized that no one entitled to anything in the real world, I put my nose down and worked as hard as I could to prove myself and it paid off. I reapplied to the position that I had been chasing for 3 years at another firm in AL and I finally had the experience necessary to land an interview and the N.A. management team was excited for me! The HR team and managers even helped me prepare for the interview and wrote me a great recommendation letter. Needless to say, I'm thankful for everything that I received while working with New Acquisitions and I'm looking forward to visiting the office soon and say hello to everyone again.

Cons

Like I said, there are no free rides to the top. You have to prove yourself and have a consistent work ethic if you want opportunities like corporate travel, conferences, etc. If you work hard for the company, they will work hard for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the coaching and mentorship you provided to me while I was with you guys. I thoroughly enjoyed the work we did on a daily basis and have much more confidence in myself now.

7. "All good things"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Great culture based on team unity, charitable giving, and helping others. I like that everyone wants you to succeed. At past marketing firms, others succeeding usually meant that you were failing, which leads to a combative/negative culture. Complete opposite here.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and thanks for keeping your doors open for whenever I need to ask questions, need advice or just need to vent. Thank you for caring.

8. "Having fun & learning more every day"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the work environment at New Acquisitions. Everyone is nice & positive which is more than I can say for other places I've worked. I appreciate that everyone is excited when they come in in the morning instead of complaining about how tired they are or traffic, etc. I love working directly with the customers and meeting new people everyday & helping with their needs. I enjoy my work & don't see myself leaving in any time soon.

Cons

The work day can get pretty hectic, I had trouble adjusting to the work flow but I got the hang of it after a few days in training.

Advice to Management

I'd love to listen in on any meetings or conference calls that you think would be beneficial for me!

9. "Humbled by the company's giving nature"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at New Acquisitions is how much they stress the importance of giving back to the community. When the hurricanes hit Texas and Florida, we made an effort to donate water and other supplies. It's nice to be a part of a company that cares about more than just production and focuses on the bigger picture and their people in general.

Cons

I would love to learn about any other charity events that we'll be participating in and I'd love to offer some suggestions as well.

Advice to Management

Great atmosphere and thanks for showing how much you care!

10. "I love the open door policy!"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I have multiple years of experience in business management and marketing under my belt, but I was surprised at how much this company has still been able to teach me. After learning about my background, they've actually offered me opportunities to learn other aspects of the company that I've actively shown interest in. I feel completely comfortable sitting down with the directors and assistant managers to ask questions about anything I don't get and they take the time to walk me through everything until I fully understand. I'm happy with where I'm at in my career and I can see myself being here long term.

Cons

Nothing so far! The managers constantly ask for feedback so any concerns I've had have all been taking care of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy and momentum! I love the fun challenges that you guys give us in the office. They keep things light and fun while still being productive.

New Acquisitions Response

Sep 15, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Dear Reviewer, thanks for giving us your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you've learned a ton since you've been with us as that's always our goal when we bring people on to our team. We love to give... More