New Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • New Acquisitions has been a great change for me (in 15 reviews)

• Great training system, all necessary information is provided along with tools and guidance to help you succeed (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's not necessarily a con, but a reality in such a fast paced environment (in 3 reviews)

• Everyone at new acquisitions was so willing to work with me and train me in a field that I was not cut out for in the end, it (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great people, great environment"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I've met some of the most genuine people working here. From day one, I've never felt like the "new guy." The team is very welcoming and open to helping you out in any way. Whether it's explaining how to perform a certain task or explaining how certain things work, the management staff is always happy to help. The office itself is also really nice. Very modern, rustic and spacious. It has a nice vibe to it and I feel excited when I come into work.

Cons

The gym is in Building B as opposed to Building C, so it's a little bit of a walk away, but worth it. Also, the office itself is a little hard to map out, but once you've been there for a while, it's easy to find your way around.

Advice to Management

I think it'd be a great idea to expand the office into the space next to it!

2. "Finding myself"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently left New Acquisitions to pursue my dream in acting, and have nothing but good things to say. They were more than willing to write a recommendation letter and Morgan even spoke with my current employer as a reference. I honestly believe that one of my best experiences in the work place was with New Acquisitions. Friendly environment, fast paced, and pretty laid back. Being in an atmosphere with folks around my age, all learning to grow and develop themselves really gave me the confidence that I needed to excel at New Acquisitions. I received my first promotion after only a month and a half and it was all due to what I was taught and my drive to apply it everyday. "Sales" wasn't my cup of tea and I was terrified to fail, but I'm so happy to be carrying the experience with me into my next position.

Cons

Everyone at new acquisitions was so willing to work with me and train me in a field that I was not cut out for in the end, it’s very competitive, very fast paced.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Sales and Marketing"

Current Employee - Client Representative in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Client Representative in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions (Less than a year)

Pros

New Acquisitions has been a great change for me! I was in door to door sales for 2 years, and a little bit nervous walking into a new office atmosphere. They've made me feel right at home and made sure that I've had all of the tools and training I need before throwing me out on my own. Although you are very self-managed in this business, I have several great mentors here that are more than willing to ask any questions that I might have or just provide advice or knowledge where I might need it. Another great aspect is the base + commission pay structure. It definitely gives me the ability to be comfortable but also drive myself to get those extra incentives and commissions. I'm in the process of training to be a corporate trainer and be able to pass on to others what I have learned at my time here. I'm pretty excited to advance in the company and see where it takes me!

Cons

Requires self management! It was not a con for me, but you don't have anyone breathing down your neck to make sure that the work gets done. If you need someone else to motivate you and get you started everyday, this probably isn't the position for you. It's also pretty competitive, you will get left behind if you're not used to a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

I think the office that you're running is only going to accelerate from here! Going out of your way to help out employees has definitely paid off and will continue to.

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for the great review! We're excited to hear that you were able to step out of your comfort zone and find success with us at our company. We definitely pride ourselves on our hands-on training... More

"Client Representative"

Former Employee - Real Estate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Real Estate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The energy from everyone is through the roof. I enjoyed coming into work every day knowing I had a great position and the sky was the limit! Adam and Drake were terrific mentors and always set the tone. The success drive is most certainly there, but you have to want it every day and have to fight every day to be successful within the business. You grow every day in this business regardless of your previous work history. Great location and business professional dress code most of the time especially in the office. Great position for someone fresh out of college.

Cons

Once you leave “Atmosphere” (meetings 3-5 times a week depending on your role), you are sent out to sell a service or product 6 days a week. Doesn’t leave much room for a balanced work life vs. personal life. You must be on your “A” game daily if you want to move up. Errors and mistakes will occur, but you have to be strong minded and bounce back from any situation or issue. The pay is minimal an hour ($10) and all commission based. For someone that has consistent bills flowing in, it is not the position to take unless you have a good amount in your savings account.

Advice to Management

Great leadership overall and really appreciate the “open door” policy! Makes everyone feel welcomed and important. I really wouldn’t change anything about the way the business operates. Adam was more than helpful when it came to any situation. Very grateful for the guidance and assistance.

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience at our company. We're so happy that you saw yourself growing both professionally and personally during your time with us... More

5. "Priceless Experience"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Buford, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Acquisitions is the perfect place for any entrepreneur looking to test their business sense. The management development that I received working at New Acquisitions definitely blows any other experience that I've had out of the water. Work hard towards what you want and you'll get everything you're looking for out of it. Have a student mentality and work hard with team members, but just competitive enough to drive yourself to the top. I'm not saying that it's easy and it's not for everyone. But it's the perfect place for those of us who want more than a 9-5, behind a desk all day, every day. In order to benefit from the experience you're going to need tough skin, an open mind, and be able to see the glass as half full at all times. Laziness will cause you to fall behind, and it's likely that everyone else will keep moving. I'm speaking from experience here. I was the lazy one that passed up such an opportunity. They are a competitive bunch that knows when to push each other but always willing to give a helping hand. The office atmosphere is uplifting and exciting. The receptionist greets everyone with a smile, with whatever Pandora station she's feeling that day playing in the background. Management rewards hard work, whether it's a promotion or even a dinner or a round of golf one day. You can tell that they actually care about the personal connection that they have with their employees. I started fresh out of college this past May. And I'm pretty sure that I learned more about real life business than I would've in another classroom.

Cons

Fortunately, New Acquisitions was my first position right out of college, and I've definitely learned that the grass ISN'T greener on the other side. Laziness will not be tolerated and it is survival of the fittest. My commute wasn't the best being that I live outside of the perimeter.

Advice to Management

I just appreciate the opportunity that I received here, everything that I learned along the way. I can only hope that I can invest my experience elsewhere and succeed.

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for the feedback! Thank you for complimenting our atmosphere as well. We really enjoy the upbeat, positive atmosphere as well. We want our team to be excited when they come into work, so... More

"Family-oriented - Management puts team first!"

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

In the time that I've worked with New Acquisitions, I've personally seen management take team members under their wing and help them get through tough times both personal and professional. They're always willing to coach us through any challenges that we face and they're great at giving feedback to help us get better. Their new office is great as well, the cafe and gym are an awesome plus!

Cons

The workload can seem a little overwhelming at first but it gets easier the more you learn

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying my time with you guys

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you were comfortable enough to come to us with your personal issues as we love to help our team grow both professionally and personally. We... More

"Great company to work for"

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time

Pros

I feel well taken care of at New Acquisitions. I went through a rough time personally and the managers there were always willing to lend a listening ear and give advice. I never felt like I was alone and they helped me learn how to handle challenges and struggles in a positive and productive way. I'm so thankful for everything the team has done for me so far.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

I'm glad to work for a company that cares just as much about their team as they do about their business. It really goes a long way for company morale.

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this with us! We care very much our team members here at New Acquisitions so we love to hear that our managers have been taking care of you and making sure... More

"Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Entry Level PR in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level PR in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office. Good Location in ATL.

Cons

A complete scam and pyramid scheme. They get you in by saying they want to hire recent college grads and help develop you to move up through the company. However, they start you off at barely minimum wage and stick you in a costco to sell products and bother customers. An absolute pyramid scheme, and not worth your time.

Advice to Management

NA

Jan 26, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Dear Reviewer,
    We appreciate your positive comments on our new office! However, we're a little confused by your review. We have a competitive guaranteed pay structure with opportunities for bonuses... More

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at New Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, great training if you haven't had much experience in this field, huge opportunity to move up, every thing they tell you is only to see you succeed, so just being a good student will take you so far.

Cons

Could improve balance in gender representation

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thanks for the quick review! We're glad to hear that you're benefitting from our hands-on training approach and that our coaching has been effective in helping you grow professionally! Thanks for the... More

10. "Transferable Skillsets Gained!"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company is the cross training that is received. I was a recent college graduate that really did not know what I wanted to go into for a career. At New Acquisitions I was cross trained in online brand management, face to face promotional sales, and leadership training. I did not want the pressure that came with the end goal of being in a management position but do believe the skills I gained will serve me well as I go into pharmaceutical sales.

Cons

If your intention is to just have a clock in and out job then this company is more than likely not a good fit. I came in looking for experience and to see what parts of the company I enjoyed. There is a strong push to grow and if that is not your intention you will find this to be an environment that is too high pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep spending one on one time with new employees, even though I am not with the company anymore I really appreciate all the time spent in my development

Feb 7, 2018 – HR Recruiter

Thank you so much for the feedback and the review! We love to hear that you were able to take the skill sets that you learned here with us and use them in your future professional endeavors. We find... More