New Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
New Corp CEO Kevin Taweel
Kevin Taweel
1 Rating

1. "Great job for short term"

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at New Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some really cool people, recognition for fields you excel in, great team based environment.

Cons

Focuses more on call time than content, pushes hard for email fulfillment. Focuses too much on call stats and not enough on results. I've had dozens of customers ask for a direct number to me becase I was courteous and effective in resolving every issue, but was fired because of call mettics.

Advice to Management

Focus more on what the call accomplishes than how long it takes. I was on the DirecTV side, and was known amongst the teams add the go-to tech guy, since I could fix almost any tech issue, and would fix evert issue the customer had. That takes time. I was fired for my long call times in spite of my very low callback rate.

2. "Asurion hopefully will turn NEW around"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

I worked at New Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long-standing business model, 800 lb gorilla in the space.
    Easy-going relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Company (NEW) got too comfortable and new competition and changing marketplace started to cause lots of issues. Executive team didn't know how to react quickly enough.
    HR department was pretty dismal. Very 'old boy' network. Had to play the corporate game. People were working there not because they knew what they were doing, but because they had been there so long.

Advice to Management

Hopefully Asurion is bringing back data-driven strategies and more nimble and flexible operations.

3. "I was a Customer Care Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Champaign, IL

I worked at New Corp (More than 10 years)

Pros

I got to help customers understand and show them how to use there cable the correct way, and enjoy it.

Cons

I did not like the rudeness I had to put up with through out the day, but as long as I could get them to understand, that's all that mattered.

5. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in Sterling, VA

Pros

Very good learning company to work for.

Cons

In Sterling away from the hustle of DC.

6. "A wonderful, family company...until Asurion took over"

Former Employee - Sales Trainer in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Trainer in Sterling, VA

I worked at New Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Individuals and people that cared for one another

Cons

Since the Asurion buy out, the company is now all corporate.

Advice to Management

Sell NEW back to Fred Shaufeld.

7. "Great company but has merged"

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Amarillo, TX

I worked at New Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For a small organization it really focused on its employees needs. There was room for advancement for the go getters and overall they took care of all employees it was simplified, you did your job and you were awarded.

Cons

It was work from home, not too many Cons, but for the ones who thought they just could call in because they didn't want to work it made others work harder.

Advice to Management

There are great managers and there are sub-par managers. The ones who really focused and made the connection to their teams really did well.

8. "Great growth until the Asurion buy out."

Current Employee - Business Manager in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Sterling, VA

I have been working at New Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great vibrant atmosphere, one that made you want to grow with the company.
    Good place to hone negotiation skills in dealing with C level executives.
    Ideal if you like to be part of the forces that shape your business objective.

Cons

Asurion's direction negated many of the Pro's and brought in their own workforce to slowly push out natives.
    The obvious steps to follow after a buy out left many in career limbo or out of job.
    Original Leadership had a better sense of direction in respective market categories.

Advice to Management

Bring back the old company culture.

9. "An interesting learning experience."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Rapid City, SD

I worked at New Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great compensation, fun work environment. There was always room to grow within the company which was something I really liked. They offered many opportunities to excel in your career there.

Cons

I wasn't big on their schedule options, i.e. you had to pick certain days and times to work and there were not many options. Also, they were not very flexible when it came to scheduling either.

Advice to Management

Offer more schedule options and be a little more flexible with those hours.

"Too much"

Former Employee - Work-at-home Customer Service Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at New Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work at home. Trainers were fantastic. Pay always on time.

Cons

Way too much information to absord in just 6 weeks. Job discription said, no sales and no outbound calls. There is sales and there are also outbound calls that you have to make but you don't find out until week 4 that's apart of your job. This job is high stress. Lots of angry customers. Almost every call. You have to do the job of about 6 people. The stats you have to keep up are not very realistic for everything you are expected to do. Always worried you are going to get fired for things that are out of your control.

Advice to Management

This job would be better if there was more time for training, the job description was put out there in the beginning, so you knew what you were signing up for. Too many tasks to ask of one person. Troubleshooting should be one dept. only.

"Need to focus on the problems at hand"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Columbia, SC

I worked at New Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free DirecTv, the most expensive package! other things also
    Work from Home

Cons

6 week training, but not on the problems that you will face 85% of the time on your calls.
    You are pretty much thrown to the wolves with little help from your supervisor.
    No up to date training on new products.
    Work every weekend with no exceptions

Advice to Management

Focus more on helping the customer solve their problem and stop making the CSR up sale them something like a more expensive insurance plan. Most of the calls are customers with dead receivers, why would you offer NFL ticket or a higher insurance plan?