New Day Reviews | Glassdoor

New Day CEO Vernon Mummey
Vernon Mummey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Executive"

Pros

Education and Salary are very positive, training staff for first several months is excellent and ideal for recent grads, back end is excellent underwriters and processors have a productive team, pay for licenses

Cons

Long hours no work life balance, that didn't bother me. I would never hate on this company they gave a lot to me very true handful for my time there, I will say the office is very impressive, free meals sometimes, top producers have opportunity to go on trips, Rolex hand outs, free give always, go to super bowls, pretty exciting to see that right out of college but it comes and is possible at the expense of those who serve our country, it is all legal no issue there, but the rates and loan deals tend to be significantly more beneficial at a majority of other companies so while NewDay does help borrowers and I have seen this first hand, you can help them more elsewhere. Also, turn over is huge for a reason, if you do well or if you do poorly you will not last, there is some sort of plan only a select few can rise to the top, upward mobility within the company is not based on work ethic and production it is based on management and who they like, if they want you gone they will find a way to make it happen so always have to watch your back and keep options open.

Advice to Management

Focus more on strengthening your current employees skills and retention for the long term rather than focusing on investing in them in the beginning and then turning towards new hirees, try to do both of these things at once. Continue to invest in the education of your employees, whether people stay for the long term or leave you are helping to put lots of young highly skilled individuals into the work force.

2. "Full one account executive"

Pros

Room for growth, good for people who thrive in competitive sales field

Cons

Very bad management and morals as a company

Advice to Management

Stop putting so much negative pressure on your employees

3. "Very dishonest company"

Former Employee - Mental Health Worker in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Mental Health Worker in Billings, MT

I worked at New Day part-time

Pros

There are none that I can tell.

Cons

The company is overly focused on profit and lacking in patient care. They are disorganized, dishonest, and verbally abusive to employees. I would not consider working here if you have other options. The employee turnover appears to be very high.

Advice to Management

Try to have dignity and honor. Run a reputable business that isn't just focused on collecting Medicaid dollars.

"Crooked"

Former Employee - Direct Youth Care Specialist in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Direct Youth Care Specialist in Billings, MT

I worked at New Day full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner is a corrupt individual. I have no other PROS at this time my experience was lack luster to say the least. it was a job and you are the only normal individuals these kids will experience.

Cons

Working here literally took YEARS off my life. Everything about this scheme to help kids is a con.

Advice to Management

Find a new business model

"Unethical, slave labor, avoid like the plague."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I worked at New Day full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Seriously, waste of my life

Cons

Low pay. 60+ hours a week. No job security, selling incredibly. overpriced packages to veterans. (all positive reviews are recruiters, I am friends with one. She told me she posts on here all the time). Avoid at all costs. It is a cal center, with a business formal dress code... When asked if they will pay for graduate school the recruiter sneered and said "you don't need grad school, you will be making so much money."-LOL

Advice to Management

Show that you care about employees, a 10% retention rates speaks volumes about the poor excuse for a company that New Day is.

"Completely disfunctional, undirected, and volatile workplace."

Former Employee - Licensed Addiction Counselor in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Licensed Addiction Counselor in Billings, MT

I worked at New Day full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need to complete counseling hours for your LCPC, MSW, or LAC, they pay reasonably well and there are always positions open because of ridiculous turnover. Some shift work might be ideal for students still in college.

Cons

There are a million reasons why I would tell someone not to waste their time on submitting an application, but I will specifically state reasons that working out at the Ranch was disheartening.

Your work load and personal commitment to young trouble kids is already hard to deal with on a daily basis, but when you are trying to learn the ropes of becoming a professional counselor, it is very discouraging to not receive any feedback or guidance from upper "management." The only thing that former management was worried about was whether he/she was able to get away at 4:30 each day and that we were billing the correct amount of hours. There was an extreme lack of ethics and employee morale was ridiculously low.

It is hard to show up to work every day 100% committed when all the staff speak poorly about not only direct supervisors, but the CEO as well. The only reason I was able to last as long as I did was that there were a few very dedicated and passionate individuals that were keeping the program afloat. Dealing with these youth who are both diagnosed with mental health problems and substance abuse issues is the easiest part of the job. Trying to provide a consistent and healthy environment due to office politics and micromanagment is the hardest and most frustrating.

If you need to get supervision hours, then this obviously an option, but keep it as a last resort. The supervision and guidance you receive will not be adaquete enough to prepare you for work outside their isolated world.

Advice to Management

Get someone who knows what they are doing - no one knows any business or scheduling management, there is no supervision support, and there is an extreme lack of confidence and employee motivation