New England Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Very happy at work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I have been working at New England Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After working with New England Insights for a few years I am very happy with being a part of this company. The training is great and I feel like I have really been able to contribute to the growth and success of this business. I find my job rewarding and I am happy with the advancement options available. The office culture is great and it is good to actually enjoy coming to work each day, and genuinely wanted to see other people do well here. No drama, no BS, just a supportive team.

As far as perks go

Cons

It can take a little while to build up some momentum as far as promotions go. I don't know if that is really a "con" but I know it can be a challenge. All the positions, in each department, have advancement opportunity- but it is earned, not given out. When I started I had to learn how to see the big picture, but I suppose that's how it is at most jobs when you get started.

Advice to Management

I love the high standards- it helps me challenge myself and keeps me accountable for my work! Thank you for helping me out when I needed it to reach my goals.

"Account Manager"

I worked at New England Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people in the office are really great, enthusiastic, and friendly to newcomers. They have a great training program.

Cons

I thought they were misleading about what the job actually would be like. They called what they do "direct selling" and are required to dress business professional, but they don't tell you they are door-to-door salespeople who go out in khaki pants and Verizon polos. Compensation is rough-- mostly just commission and a really low draw ($350), which you won't get if you make over that.

Advice to Management

The interview process needs to be more straight-forward about the nature of compensation, and what the job "Account Manager" actually means.

"Not What I Expected"

Former Employee - ENTRY in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - ENTRY in Natick, MA

I worked at New England Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is very nice and teach you very valuable sales tools. I met great people and learned things I can use in the future.
    Management and leaders are all really nice and open. If theres any problems you can tell them and they will help you. I really hope they succeed someday.

Cons

First of all, the company changes its name sometimes. Look up Intrinsic Consulting because thats what they're really called.The other 3 reviews are really fake, just so you know. They're clearly written by someone trying to make the office look good.
    The "management training program" is just door to door sales. The hours are long and the pay is commission only. You will not get reimbursed for travel expenses. A typical day means going in around 11, doing paper work and then having some meetings. For some reason you have to dress up for this (Yes, that means suit and tie) and then someone will spout some inspirational stuff at you. Theres usually a game (which is usually fun). Then you leave around 2, change out of your nice clothes (and yes they will get wrinkled in the back of your car) and then drive about an hour to some small town and do door to door sales. You go back to the office later, head home around 9:30pm. Also this is 6 days a week. Almost every entry level quits. That's probably because in the interview they tell you you will be following residential leads and its so easy to get promoted, etc. The only way to get promoted is to get more entry levels. It's like a pyramid scheme but instead of wasting your money you are wasting your time (and money, in the sense that your expenses will not get reimbursed).

Advice to Management

The suits, the long hours and meetings in the morning, going back at night is all a waste of time, like pretending to work in a real job or something. The money making part of the day is only about 1/3 of the day. Why is it better to have more people start and then quit then to actually be honest in the interview and only have quality people start?
    However, management is really nice and cool.

"Good Experience with New England Insights"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I have been working at New England Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and some great job perks. I love the travel opportunity, the client frequently provides nice catered lunches and networking at conferences is great. I've really had a very good experience working here and I hope to stay for many years to come.

Cons

Haven't encountered any so far. They are pretty easy to work with whenever there is a problem or you need help.

Advice to Management

I like the way you guys run the office- everyone seems to respect your leadership

"Really liked working here"

I worked at New England Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training was good. I didn't have much experience when I started and they taught me everything I needed to know. It was a fun place to work- a lot of team building

Cons

No work from home option. For me personally that was a drawback because I had elderly parents to care for- eventually I had to leave the job because of it.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door policy- I liked it because I was able to have a good relationship with senior management so I was comfortable talking with them to get advice

"Great Company- Challenging Work"

I worked at New England Insights full-time

Pros

They are flexible & have a great open door policy. Decent pay for an entry level job, good benefits through Blue Cross. There is room for growth within the company.

Cons

As with any job that hires entry level, there is competition for promotions. Everyone is friendly and team oriented but the highest performers realistically have the best chance at promotions.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "It's OK"

Pros

Great People to work with!

Cons

Can't find anything wrong with this company..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!