New Home Star Reviews | Glassdoor

New Home Star Reviews

Updated January 30, 2019

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "New Home Star is the best company I've ever worked for" (in 52 reviews)

• "That's such an important thing I found here at New Home Star" (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • "None on the part of New Home Star" (in 15 reviews)

• "If you are a hard worker with drive New Home Star is for you" (in 14 reviews)

"The BEST new home sales company!!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Yakima, WA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Yakima, WA

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant growth and learning and on the job training

Cons

Some holidays I have to work

"Best place to work in my adult career"

Current Employee - MENSA Member in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - MENSA Member in Boise, ID

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They treat you really well, like family. They have endless possibilities to grow and they truly care about you and want to see you succeed and even give you all of the tools and training you could ever need to succeed.

Cons

We are still a young company so there are growing pains but you will have that with every company.

"good and bad"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at New Home Star full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

overall this is a good company. Good pay and perks. Great resources to learn and develop as a person and professionally with lots of industry experienced VP's with valuable knowledge. Easy and quick promotions to move up in the company. Great support from coworkers, corporate team, and most management.

Cons

The person ultimately running the company constantly makes random changes and new initiatives which are not needed and completely take away from anyone being able to focus on the company vision or goals. No accountability anywhere in the company causing constant frustrations and fires to put out. Great sales people from the top down so you will get bait and switched, over promised, and flat out lied to by your superiors. managers being promoted too quickly who are not experienced or competent enough for the positions and mainly promoted based on their initial "leadership qualities". No real established structure just constant ideas that never take hold.

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced CEO. Hold people accountable (including yourselves) and take an honest look at what your core values and and the real reasons as to why you repeatedly fail with them and improve from there.

"Great opportunities with this growing company"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and income opportunities

Cons

Can be difficult transition learning all of the systems and processes

"Community Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Community Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Community Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at New Home Star full-time

Pros

This place is overall a great place to work, and the leadership truly shows that they care. Their unique social platform allows you to learn, and connect with everyone around the states. The training is second to none, and will set you up to be successful. The culture is professional, yet they know how to have fun, and make it a good time. If you earn the opportunity, you can certainly make a lot of money, and a great living.

Cons

This position holds a heavy amount of responsibility. Things can be very stressful, with many things that are just out of your control. If the account builder does not have any opportunities for you, you can find yourself sitting, and waiting for an opportunity to arise, which mentally beats up someone that is just ready to sell. Even after the opportunity comes to sell in a community, you are at the mercy of how productive the builder will be. Which will determine how, and when you get paid. This line of work is truly hit or miss. If you are fortunate enough to work for a reputable builder under NHS, and you are in a growing community, you will be set up very well. If not, then you can grind, and grind until your time comes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and I know the future will continue to look bright. Find builders that hold themselves to a higher standard, and represent the same culture, and values.

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New Home Star is very forward thinking and cares greatly for their staff. There is tremendous career and personal growth potential.

Cons

Demanding company. Very rewarding company.

"What a blessing it is to have found this company!"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caring Leaders
    Endless opportunity
    Excellent training
    Continuous improvement
    Technologically advanced

Cons

Honestly I have not ran into anything at this point that is a con. Like any company there are struggles, I will see as time progress but I am sure they will never outweigh the pros.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The culture that has been created here is rare. We must all work hard to keep it up and we must never stop improving.

"Sales Rally"

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was awesome to learn more about the company and how they try to make a difference. I started with them in February 2018 and they

Cons

As for the rally I wish I could of attended more of the break out sessions!

Advice to Management

Keep sessions a little shorter so people can attend more of them!

"Reply to review from October 24th"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel compelled to reply to a review that was left on Oct 24th that had some INCREDIBLY mis-leading information in it.

Virtually every single thing said in the review I could pick apart about how it inaccurate it is, but the main thing that really hit a sore spot with me was that New Home Star just "dangles bring shiny false dreams in front of millennials".

Well, as a millennial that had a bright shiny dream dangled in front of my face (in a time when I didn't want to believe that it was true as my builder was converting to New Home Star's services after I'd worked for that builder for almost 3 years) it was NOT a false dream! I can also speak for the multiple other members of our team here that had bring shiny dreams dangled in front of their face and that put in a ton of hard work and are also living that dream.

For anyone reading these reviews and maybe questioning if New Home Star is the right place, I would challenge you to reach out to the manager for the position that you're interested in, I'm willing to bet that they'd be willing to answer some questions and meet with you to further discussing this amazing organization and everything it has to offer, and you decide for yourself what your gut tells you.

Cons

The only "con" is that there is a LOT of hard work needed to accomplish those dreams (but what job isn't there) and there's accountability (but isn't that a good thing if you're doing your job?). So if you're ok with working hard and ok with being held accountable to your goals that you set and the expectations for the job, then disregard!

Advice to Management

This is something that is already happening, but always strive to continue getting better and be open to HONEST feedback (unlike the review from a few days ago) that can help the organization grow. There's always bad apples that run the risk of ruining it for everyone by being dishonest in their reviews or what they're posting on social sites like this, but there's plenty out there who have real and honest feedback, and we should continue to learn and grow from it, like we have been!

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at New Home Star full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, unbelievable pay!

Cons

Not a great work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!