New Options Sports Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

Found 4 reviews

2.7
John Scott
  1. "Information about New Options Sports"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant to Chief Operating Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Options Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company makes great products for our veterns, people with sports injuries and post op. They are a manufacturer of neoprene and koolflex braces for wrists, knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders, lumbars, groin area, etc. They also make products for orthotics and to help people that wear prosthetics. I am very proud of what we do for the military and everything is Made In America right here in Dallas, TX.

Cons

Small company with major stock owner that is old management style of running a business and feel they are holding the company back by not acting on decisions that need to be made.

Advice to Management

Make the changes that need to be done in the sales department. Allow the hiring and development of the 2 areas we have grown to need. Back your other owners/partners when you tell them you want something handled and not go behind them and undo what is done.

New Options Sports2012-06-24
  2. "NOS review"

I have been working at New Options Sports full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, small, private company with room for growth

Cons

No heath or retirement benefits

New Options Sports2017-10-23
  3. "Great potential, lacks leadership"

I have been working at New Options Sports full-time

Pros

Great work flexibility, lots of good people, low turnover.

Cons

No meaningful leadership which creates stress on the front lines. Lacking in accountability across the whole organization.

Advice to Management

You can maintain a good relationship with your customers without letting them make your business decisions.

New Options Sports2017-08-09
  4. "Sell now before it loses all remaining value."

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at New Options Sports full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some real nice folks work here. Excellent facility and working conditions

Cons

In a commodity business, with no product differentiation from its competitors it survives only with an expiring VA contract. Moreover without a (sales) distribution network and an unwillingness to invest in R&D it is questionable if company will survive.

Advice to Management

Owner needs to sell before it loses all it's value. He has lost touch of the market and has no business acumen. He will not spend the necessary funds to grow the business. Doesn't understand the need to invest in his people. It's a hobby for the owner, something to do. There is no company mission, no performance objectives, no budget, no clue!

New Options Sports2015-03-15