Cover image for New Relic

Join the conversation on

Tech

454.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=New Relic~461657
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of New Relic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Professional life changer and a great culture. Great platform.

Feb 9, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

New Relic has been a great place to work. When I joined, the training and support was top notch. The team that surrounded me were immensely supportive. The product works well and the New Relic name is established, making it much easier to build strong partnerships. Professionally, it has opened new opportunities for me and I feel that we truly lean into our employees to help grow our careers. Personally, the benefits, work/life balance and people make this a job I enjoy. That's rare to say nowadays.

Cons

None that I can think of that is unique to New Relic. Every company of this size, in this industry has the same things.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Top notch culture and meaningful work

Nov 17, 2022 - Data Analytics
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Smart coworkers * Autonomy in decision making * Modern Tech Stack * Compensation * unrivaled benefits package

Cons

* work hard/play hard * Rotating c-suite (but strong leaders building new vision)

3. Join the New Relic team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good culture, good pay

Dec 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company pays well and they have great culture

Cons

Senior management doesn’t always communicate the whole story and don’t always seem to know what their people actually do on a daily basis

5. 5.0

great work culture

Nov 8, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work for... talented team mates and good work life balance

Cons

Nothing to think of... good company

6. 3.0

Ok place to work

Nov 22, 2022 - IT Support Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Employment on my team has been stable -Compensation is decent -Opportunities for promotion

Cons

-Pay is below industry standard -Executive team has deprioritized retention and employees -Company culture has shifted dramatically in the last 2 years; used to feel like a family, and now feels very corporate -Layoffs

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great work-life balance, so-so business outlook

Nov 20, 2022 - Lead Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance Interesting and challenging work Superb DE&I Very competative base salary

Cons

Vision is a bit all over the place Management transparency is lacking Benefits are subpar

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great culture and great place to work

Oct 31, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance Inclusive Supportive Impactful

Cons

Can be hard to connect with other remote employees

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Nov 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and generous holiday allowance Self development courses and allowance There are some talented people working there, which are genuinely lovely

Cons

1. Micromanagement from the very top down, which stifles growth and diversity. If you are a talented person, you will hate it here as you will be told what to do and what you are told to do, often goes against good industry practices. You will hate it at first, then start to lose self respect as you have to conform. However, if you want an easy life, good benefits, just say yes to leadership and you will do well here. 2. Lack of excellence and process in many departments - things are disorganized, changing quickly and on a whim of an SVP or a GVP and leadership changes quickly. With each change, layoffs and restructures are common, so it is hard to progress in career. 3. Just like everything else, firings and promotions are done quickly, without much consideration and without due process. If a manager doesn't like you or a new leadership figure doesn't think you are good enough in a role, you will be replaced overnight. There are some talented people stuck in lower positions, while others, who don't contribute anything of value, get promoted. Delivering excellence is often not appreciated, let alone rewarded. As a result, there is a lot of turnover. With that, knowledge of the product is also lost. Management will blame that on people and not bad management. 4. Leadership lacks vision and follows old and stale practices - such as shipping substandard changes to product, without considering input from customers and then changing things again when big customers complain. Speed over quality every time. 5. Obsessed with competitors instead of coming up with long term strategies to understand the landscape and all the customer types, in order to be better than competitors.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Headed in the right direction, More work to do

Nov 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good Work-life balance - Able to work fully remote - Work is challenging and interesting - Many smart colleagues - Culture is inclusive

Cons

- Too many shifting priorities - Too many people saying yes to executive demands instead of providing a perspective of direction and leading - Strong competition from others in the space - Has been a lot of attrition but has slowed down

11. 5.0

Perfect

Oct 7, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture, room for growth

Cons

None I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 872 Reviews
</>Embed

New Relic Reviews FAQs

New Relic has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 932 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at New Relic to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, New Relic employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at New Relic. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of New Relic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated New Relic 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at New Relic to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with New Relic Job Seekers