Cover image for New Relic
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

New Relic Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 5, 2021

Join the conversation on

Tech

641.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=New Relic~461657
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about New Relic? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with New Relic employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of New Relic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Very Nearly Perfect

Dec 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their core values, employee onboarding, and internal support are fantastic. Almost everyone from the top down seems to live the core values of being Bold, Passionate, Accountable, Authentic, and Connected. Good work/life balance; it's understood that if employees aren't rested they can't do their best work for the company and customers. Great DE&I program. Great Career planning program. Great employee support in general.

Cons

Still some siloed teams which are allowed to go their own way for whatever reason. This creates the occasional hiccup in internal processes/procedures.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

most exciting, enjoyable and rewarding place I have ever been a part of!

Apr 10, 2013 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing talented and driven from the very top down. The practice what they preach work life balance or if you ask me work hard play hard!! The product works, and provides tangible, real value to our clients, who are just excited about what we are doing as we are!!

Cons

There are few if any..a product of their own success the company is going exponentially so there are some growing pains as a result.

3. Join the New Relic team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Best Place to Work

Jan 14, 2020 - Digital Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Smart, hard working and caring people work for New Relic * Everyone is willing to help and engage across teams * Great onboarding process * New Relic cares about it's employees with it's amazing benefits package * Easy location near the ferry building as well as bart stations * Promotes a good work/life balance with FTO

Cons

So far, there is nothing I don't like about New Relic

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great promise, but not always delivered

Dec 11, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are among the nicest and most brilliant people I've ever worked with. Lots of momentum, exciting product, nice office facilities. Executives and VPs are personable and actually greet employees in the hallway. Lots of praise and success stories shared, which is nice. As a company we have a good sense of humor.

Cons

Work life balance is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Working on nights and weekends is all too common. Very little attention (if at all) paid to continuing education, career growth, and goals. Vacation policy, compensation, raises etc. are very much lacking, especially considering we're referred to as a workplace leader. Interdepartmental/office communication needs a lot of work, although there are improvements being made Favoritism and hierarchy biases among teams and departments More attention being paid to growth than current employees leading to burnout and a diminishing of the New Relic 'spirit'

10 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Doesn't get much better!

Apr 10, 2013 - Sales - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing Senior Leadership that is openly communicating the future of the company and how we are going to get there. -A young, fun workforce that gets along both in and out of the work place. -I have worked for other large Tech companies and its amazing how little attention they put on work/life balance. New Relic makes this one of their foremost concerns for employees. -Growing at an amazing rate is allowing employees to create and pave the way for new roles/processes with full support from Senior Leadership.

Cons

-It is hard to remember the names of all the new hires

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best place for people who love software

Jan 31, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is *the* place to be right now if you like working with and for developers. The new BCN office is great. Tons of perks and very competitive salary. Fantastic set of internal tools and processes. You get to travel to the US - which is cool. Also, the company values rock, and you can tell people are keeping them up every day. The biggest pro is work/life balance: it's simply excellent!

Cons

The onboarding process could be smoother: there's lots of very smart people working for NR, and getting in translates to lots of self-imposed pressure and a desire for diving into the complexities of the product from day one. That includes learning to adjust your own schedule when working with teams based in Portland of San Francisco - which takes a bit to get used to.

New Relic Response

Thank you for the wonderful review. Core values are so important to our culture and we love hearing that you see people actively living them every day. We will share your onboarding experience with our team. They are always looking for ways to improve the process for our new hires and your feedback is valuable to the team.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

In the midst of a culture change. No longer a leader in their market space.

Oct 14, 2020 - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pay bands, beautiful office, unlimited PTO, opportunities to learn interesting technology

Cons

A company with values that are no longer relevant. They are in the midst of rebranding themselves and are at odds with the employees they used to heavily court. The company used to tout its involvement hosting diversity and allyship workships, no longer is this the case. The company is trying its best to stomp out dissenting conversations and focus on being relevant in their market space now being taken over by competitors. Check out Oregonlive articles to get more detailed descriptions about the internal clashes that are going on. Also work life balance has gone downhill since the company has been falling from being a market leader. Expect to work longer hours and potentially weekends in order to meet deadlines.

22 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good People

Jul 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Life Balance and Comp

Cons

Rotating executive leadership but good folks

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I have been so far

Mar 25, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Projects are very challenging - Architecture is micro services oriented very easy to deploy and monitor them. - Awesome tech stack: Java, Kotlin, Go, Node, Elixir, Kafka. - Company culture is very diverse, many nationalities, fun and collaborative. English is the official language. - Salary and perks are very competivie - We can work from home any time we want in order to balance our personal life.

Cons

- Few. Perhaps, on-call duties. However, they are very easy and normally very well compensated.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

First Impressions "Fantastic Employer"

Mar 26, 2019 - Director of Business Operations in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm in week 4 of New Relic and I have to say, my first impression is they are a fantastic employer. The on-boarding training has been great. Everyone I have met so far is wonderful. The culture seems spot on. I have good work life balance and work from the home and office. The benefits are very good from the financial package to the food always available in the kitchens. This place is seriously refreshing!

Cons

The only con I have is the length of the interview process took 3 months, but to be honest, they did create a new job for me when I wasn't successful for the original one I applied for and so I really can't hold this against them.

2 people found this review helpful