New Resources Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Grosskopf

1. "Consultant"

I have been working at New Resources Consulting full-time

Pros

Good Culture
    Flexible
    Engaging work
    Fun work
    ERP Company

Cons

Small company
    high turnover
    many contractors
    Limited offering

2. "Manager"

I have been working at New Resources Consulting full-time

Pros

Good entrepreneurial culture, fun place to work. Relationship company. Charitable organization. Strong employee recognition program and good corporate events that recognize families too.

Cons

Need more structure for career growth and support. Opportunities are there but need more guidance/communication consistently across management.

Advice to Management

see note in cons.

3. "Bully Management Style"

Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Director in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at New Resources Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Average pay, average benefits, company laptop, a lot of free food.

Cons

A lot of unhappy clients based from lack of follow through is the big one. Projects falling apart constantly. No engagement managers on large projects. Several inept managers who treat staff horribly. Bullying, Humiliation, Harassment and Manipulation are the norm. There is no HR! If you talk to any former employee, you will not find anyone who has good things to say.

Advice to Management

As you attempt to grow in new markets, keep in mind that reputation and genuity is everything.

5. "Good company"

Pros

Nice people to work with.
    Good pay and Benefits.

Cons

Nothing in specific.Need to be more aggressive in marketing.

"Odd Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Weekends. People seem to move about with relative freedom, come when they want, leave when they want. There are some people who never appear to work at all.

Cons

Honestly it was just odd. There is no better way to put it. I felt so unlike myself while in this company. I found the whole experience from the people to the office to be false, orchestrated, and completely based on appearing to be whatever they think themselves to be. A lot of posturing.
    It was cold and unfriendly. Unwelcoming after the first week. Lonely. There was only one person who was welcoming and friendly the entire time.
    The pay was low.
    Very incestuous - people are either dating or married or somehow related. They should probably only hire people on referral from staff because the culture is so specific and if you don't fit you will feel it. You hear everything so hear people talking about you.
    Odd environment. That really just sums it up. It was a really bad time in my life that I'm happy is over.

Advice to Management

I don't have any. You are fine with how things are and that's all that matters. I would say that honesty is important and you may want to consider being honest with people and yourselves. Especially when being confronted with the truth.

7. "Project Completed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at New Resources Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self starter environment. Great opportunity for an individual contributor.

Cons

No OT. Too many unbilled hours given away.

Advice to Management

Keep to the core.

8. "relationship manager"

Pros

great company culture and nice people

Cons

Somewhat boring, lack of communication

Advice to Management

none

"Lack of vision - Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at New Resources Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy on boarding process. Provide laptop and decent salary and bonus structure. Lots of freedom and allow for decent flights and travel accommodations. Allowed to work remote when ever possible

Cons

In my opinion leadership lacks an ability to grow the firm beyond basic staff augmentation. Owner clearly states he's a numbers guy and unwilling to manage and maintain a bench. In my opinion they are unable to handle any sort of growth and lure top talent with no ability to transition folks from project to project. A senior VP claimed to be technical and was unable to articulate that during interview and was an abysmal failure delivering to client. Saw VP absolutely abuse staff to the point of tears. High performing and visionary VPs are not valued. In my opinion this company wanted to grow a practice nationally but failed to understand risk/cost and knee jerk reacted by cutting loose almost all practice employees as the project ended. Their placement team seemed inept at finding a next role. I'm leaving as soon as possible because their patterns won't change. In my opinion the downside far out weighs the benefits. Don't waste your time here in my opinion

Advice to Management

Stay in your Wisconsin market. Enjoy your staff augmentation business model with high margins and low retention. In my opinion you should STOP promising big to staff and clients and disappointing everyone at the end of an engagement. In my opinion the owner is risk averse and clearly articulated he's only a numbers guy and proved that but cutting top talent as his low performing recruiters couldn't find work for the bench and leadership had no idea how to handle. In my opinion I wouldn't believe anything senior leadership tells you. Just seems to be lip service as actions don't equal spoken word. In my opinion they don't understand in this day and age with apps like this that a horrible reputation can kill sales and shut them off from top talent.

10. "Typical agency...don't believe anything else."

Former Employee - Consultant in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at New Resources Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly high pay and very flexible as far as w2 or 1099 etc.

Cons

You are just doing staff augmentation... You are just a revenue steam.

11. "It has been great. I have learned a lot and grown so much an IT Sales person."

Pros

New Resources Consulting is a great place to work and grow in the Informational Technology world.

Cons

There are none that come to me at this time.