New Western Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Andrew Welker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We are the Marines of investment real estate (in 7 reviews)

• An interactive work environment without a time stamp of your work hours (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a 100% commission which happens to be a good thing once I built my network of investors however during that learning process it (in 12 reviews)

• There are no cons as long as you stick to the work (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You get out what you put in!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working with New Western for 5 months now, and I can definitely say this is hands down the funnest office I have ever worked at. The office culture is extremely friendly, all the senior staff try their hardest to include the new guys in the group and make sure that each agent feels like they can be themselves and enjoy their time at work. The commissions are solid and the entire office helps each team member to get their deals done with whatever knowledge they need. I can safely say that in the short time I've been with New Western I can talk circles around agents that have been doing the job for years. the wealth of knowledge afforded to you is incalculably beneficial.

Cons

You must have gumption and the will to succeed if you want to work here. This is not a job for an employee that sits back and expects a paycheck for nothing. You must bring value to the team for this to work.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to not change a thing. The office culture is balanced out perfectly by the effort needed to succeed. the more you put in the more you get out!

2. "Best Job I've Ever Had!"

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Atmosphere Is A Big Plus And Also The Capabilities Of Moving Up Quickly.

Cons

I Don't Have Any Cons.

3. "Great Experience"

I have been working at New Western full-time

Pros

Fun office culture that does not feel stuffy. Really helpful group of co-workers. Not tied to a desk all day. Lots of tools to help you succeed.

Cons

Success will not come easy. You have to want it and you have to work hard. Not necessarily a con but if you're not a hard worker its not the job for you.

4. "My Experience at New Western Acquisitions"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My favorite things about working for New Western has always been the unlimited earning potential and the freedom to spend my time as I please as long as I'm producing.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily consider these cons, but our agents are 100% commission and that isn't for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Continue the trend of hiring diversity.

5. "Best Company to work for"

Former Employee - Dispositions Agent in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Dispositions Agent in Corona, CA

I worked at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this company is great.

Cons

there are no cons to working here

6. "Great Place to Hustle"

I worked at New Western full-time

Pros

I worked in the LA office for my time there and loved absolutely every minute of it. They give you a platform to generate your own business but offer you a TON of tools and guidance along the way to being successful. Your earning potential is pretty unlimited if you're willing to put in the work. The best part to me is that you get to held a real incredible array of investors, many of whom have created their own successful businesses (whether in real estate or otherwise) as well as those that are just getting started and need your help. You form real bonds there both with your team and your clients and those bonds are the building block to creating a robust book of business.

Cons

When you first start it can be slow and you need to be able to weather the first few months until you get up and running. The job is not for the faint of heart as you need to put in long hours if you want to continue to be successful and move from sales into acquisitions (where you get to play a dual role!) and beyond.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing. The culture there is fun.

7. "Great company"

I worked at New Western full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Need to be more flexible sometimes

8. "Taking the Plunge to a 1099 Job"

Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Allen, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at New Western is definitely the atmosphere and the ability to earn what you're worth. I came from a 4 year Oil & Gas salaried job (401k, full benefits, etc.) and took a bet on myself. 2 years later, I am making more than all of my peers and what would have taken me 15 years to do so at my previous employer. You get paid what you're worth and there is honestly no ceiling as long as you're willing to put in the work.

Cons

If this is your first job and you're not used to NOT being micro-managed, this will definitely be an adjustment. This is a fast-paced job so it's imperative to remain organized and manage your time effectively.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is staying on track with what they've been trying to implement the last year or so - all offices perform as one instead of 26 individual companies.

9. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique and fun company culture.
    Fast-paced and exciting environment/transactions.
    Healthy competition between coworkers.
    Hard work results in rewards and acknowledgment.

Cons

Must be able to thrive in a stressful environment.
    To be successful with 100% commission you have to put in the extra work.

10. "Smells Like Money"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Clear Lake, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Clear Lake, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are literally getting rich here (6 figures+ potential). If you have sales ability/skills you will do well. You'll definitely enjoy the atmosphere and your coworkers will be fun.

Cons

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing but we don't want people joining us that aren't willing to put in 110%. This is not a part-time realtor job for work from home types. You need to be absolutely committed. If you are driven you will succeed. If you are looking for work-life balance go work at McDonald's.

Advice to Management

Many of us have asked for the ability to buy shares of the company, particularly since there is no 401k/retirement plan available.