New Western Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Stuart Denyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "100% commission can be scary at first, but the harder you work the more money you will make" (in 16 reviews)

• "there are no cons to working here" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You get out what you put in!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working with New Western for 5 months now, and I can definitely say this is hands down the funnest office I have ever worked at. The office culture is extremely friendly, all the senior staff try their hardest to include the new guys in the group and make sure that each agent feels like they can be themselves and enjoy their time at work. The commissions are solid and the entire office helps each team member to get their deals done with whatever knowledge they need. I can safely say that in the short time I've been with New Western I can talk circles around agents that have been doing the job for years. the wealth of knowledge afforded to you is incalculably beneficial.

Cons

You must have gumption and the will to succeed if you want to work here. This is not a job for an employee that sits back and expects a paycheck for nothing. You must bring value to the team for this to work.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to not change a thing. The office culture is balanced out perfectly by the effort needed to succeed. the more you put in the more you get out!

2. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at New Western full-time

Pros

You get to work alongside a motivated, driven, TEAM. I have worked here for almost 5 months and still receive the same support that I have from day 1. It has taken me longer to sell then I originally anticipated, but I am still more motivated than ever. Dek, has encouraged me, believed in me, and always there for support when I need him. I really couldn’t ask for a better boss.

Cons

No cons. This is a job for those who want to work hard. The pay Off is amazing. People all around me everyday are making money. As long as you are willing to work hard - it will pay off!

Advice to Management

No advice. Keep the same environment! There are so many incentives, bonuses, fully funded work trips! It’s amazing.

"Great company. No experience necessary - Hustlers who stick to the play will make $$$."

Former Employee - Assistant GM in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant GM in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at New Western full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great platform for go-getters who want to grow and excel in the distressed residential real estate investment arena. The tools are all there for you to use grow your business. Everyone is commission based, even management. If you like the pressure, this is a great place to push your limits. No Cap.

Cons

It's a 1099 based job with no set hours, but if you don't start your first year in the office almost ever day trying to absorb as much as you can...goodluck.

4. "New Western Acquisitions Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Arlington, TX

I worked at New Western (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic internship. You really get an insight on the investment real estate industry, more specifically in the wholesaling business. Walked several properties, learned how to estimate property values, and gained valuable knowledge within the company. Was only a week, but a week well spent. Definitely recommend.

Cons

Was only a week, so it was short.

5. "Investment Real Estate Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Allen, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, and just as great of a group of individuals that work with New Western.

Cons

None that come to mind. Great company.

6. "Great Company if your a hard worker"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at New Western (Less than a year)

Pros

You work hard and play hard. Job is tough but if you survive money is there to be made

Cons

Long hours, 7 days a week.

7. "Great opportunity for a motivated person!"

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere, pay, exposure, helpful coworkers, you get out what you put in

Cons

always on call, demanding, can be frustrating

Advice to Management

I have a great manager who cares about the company and each individual.

8. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at New Western full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, potential to make BIG money and great comradery

Cons

Very Cutthroat and very high turnover

9. "Set Goals- Make Money- Challenge Yourself- Rinse, Wash, Repeat"

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Corona, CA

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I found this job through Glassdoor a year ago! I hope you join too!

Commission only position. This roll will challenge you!

You start with the Sales team and learn the basics. You can rely on leads given to you as you build your book of business. Once you crush it there you move up to Acquisitions and start buying on behalf of the firm. It's an amazing opportunity that is unmatched anywhere else. No where else will you get this month exposure doing real estate all while making $15k- $20k a month.

The harder you work, the more money you'll make. Just run the play and you will succeed here!

You will do well here if you are a visionary and can create your own success.

Cons

Commission only position. This roll will challenge you! -It's a pro and a con, depending on how you look at it.

Real Estate has always had high attrition. Almost every single agent that I have known that has quit has done so because they weren't cut out for it. They honestly didn't believe in themselves and they didn't fully run the play.

Advice to Management

Honestly keep doing what you're doing. Keep looking for new ways to bring in new deals and supporting your offices, GMs, AGMs, and AAs when they are out looking for new and better ways to make money and find new deals!

Thank you, I love you all- See you again in Cabo!

10. "Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The harder you work, the more you can earn. There is no ceiling and the sky is the limit with this company. Each new hire is given the tools to succeed with hands on training from experienced GMs and other agents. There is constant camaraderie building with other sales/acquisitions agents which makes daily work life enjoyable and worthwhile.

Cons

There are always going to be ups and downs just like any endeavor. You need to stay focused and continue to push ahead even during the high times and not let complacency set in. Everyday must be a productive day in this industry.