New Western Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Stuart Denyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "To be successful with 100% commission you have to put in the extra work" (in 16 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working here" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"You get out what you put in!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working with New Western for 5 months now, and I can definitely say this is hands down the funnest office I have ever worked at. The office culture is extremely friendly, all the senior staff try their hardest to include the new guys in the group and make sure that each agent feels like they can be themselves and enjoy their time at work. The commissions are solid and the entire office helps each team member to get their deals done with whatever knowledge they need. I can safely say that in the short time I've been with New Western I can talk circles around agents that have been doing the job for years. the wealth of knowledge afforded to you is incalculably beneficial.

Cons

You must have gumption and the will to succeed if you want to work here. This is not a job for an employee that sits back and expects a paycheck for nothing. You must bring value to the team for this to work.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to not change a thing. The office culture is balanced out perfectly by the effort needed to succeed. the more you put in the more you get out!

"Acquisitions Agent"

Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at New Western full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at New Western Acquisitions for about 3 years. Like everyone who works here I started as a Dispositions Agent and worked my way up to Acquisitions. If you are looking to pursue a career in real estate then I would definitely recommend this company. You will learn a lot about the industry very quickly and be involved in more transactions than any new real estate agent. The culture is young and fun. While it is competitive sales, everyone is extremely supportive and truly happy when others succeed. Every general manager I knew was awesome and did everything they could to help their employees grow, succeed, and make as much money as possible. The company itself is growing rapidly so there is plenty of opportunity to climb the ranks quickly if you can perform, and performance is rewarded well $$$

Cons

This is a commission only sales job so success is based on performance. In the beginning it's a grind. Don't expect to only work 4-5 hours per day and make tons of money. However if you put in the work, build relationships, and learn from the experienced agents, then things get smoother and your income will jump up. Each year I worked there I made significantly more than the year before. Also, transaction management can be stressful. You are dealing with distressed properties so challenges can and do pop up in escrow. Fortunately the senior agents are always there to provide guidance if you ask for it.

3. "Disposition Agen"

Current Employee - Disposition Agent in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Disposition Agent in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company's aggressive stance on nationwide expansion is unlike anything I have ever personally experienced. Being apart of a company with such stable and rapid growth is exhilarating and they are always improving on policies and corporate infrastructure.

JD in the North DFW office is by far the best GM/Broker I have ever worked with in my life. He not only cares about his employees performance, but their happiness with the company and office and actively works to make it a more profitable and enjoyable place to work.

Cons

There are no cons with this company that have not been addressed by management and made well.

4. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture, work environment, you control your own success. I work in the Lewisville office and my GM is great

Cons

it's definitely not for everyone. If you're not willing to come in and commit, working long hours and putting in a lot of effort, it's probably not going to be a good fit for you

5. "Great learning experience"

I worked at New Western full-time

Pros

No experience necessary
    Training provided
    Nice office and location
    Great team
    Fantastic earning potential if you put in the time
    Not too much out of pocket when starting out which helps

Cons

If you are in your 20's you will fit in fantastic here. Lots of bro culture and drinking. I got a lot of feedback talking to clients that they felt pressured and not taken care of by the company. Instead it was "a bunch of boys saying what they can to make the most money" Always watch out for yourself here as some of the offices have no problem stealing investors from each other.

Advice to Management

Read above on the cons. Watch out with some of the younger employees and how they are handling the investors. This has been the feedback by more than a few people I've spoken to. It's a great company and you don't want some bad eggs to ruin it, even if they are making the company money.
    Make sure you listen to the customer feedback when they do say anything and really make sure the investor is taken care of the best they can.

"Hard work. Fast paced. Endless opportunity!"

Current Employee - Acquisitions in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Acquisitions in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over my professional career, New Western is hands down the best place I've ever worked at. The culture is perfect. Work/Life balance is ideal. The opportunities are endless. You are in complete control of your income, and acknowledged for your success, both personal and as an office. Each person that works here is actively working to better themselves as well as assist the next person to improve on and reach their goals. A true results based company. New Western is not for the weak-hearted. You need to be self-motivated and able to create results. Overall an amazing place to work and with the pace that New Western is growing...it's an exciting time to be apart of it all.

Cons

With all honestly...I would not change a thing. Everything that is asked of you is to earn you more income and better your over success.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and acknowledge the hard work that everyone puts in.

7. "Acquistions"

Current Employee - Acquisitions in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisitions in Allen, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's simple, the harder you work the more successful you will be. There are no limits. I love working here and I love my job. Our whole team is friends and we hang out on the weekends but the competition is still competitive yet encouraging. I am truly happy here.

Cons

None really. It's Sales so you know what you are getting yourself into. We want Warriors.

Advice to Management

I want a couch in the office :)

8. "Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great atmosphere to work in, hard work but if you're a go getter you will have success.

Cons

You're basically on your own, its up to each agent if they sink or swim in this environment.

Advice to Management

They do a great job and don't micromanage the employees. The GMs door is always open if you have any questions. Great management, and truthfully no complaints.

9. "Recruiting Operations Coordinator"

I have been working at New Western full-time

Pros

Honestly, New Western Acquisitions is one of the best companies I have worked for. I am currently employed here and can't say one awful thing about it! Everyone here is super friendly and great/welcoming. Keep up the good environment NWA!

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

10. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at New Western full-time

Pros

You get to work alongside a motivated, driven, TEAM. I have worked here for almost 5 months and still receive the same support that I have from day 1. It has taken me longer to sell then I originally anticipated, but I am still more motivated than ever. Dek, has encouraged me, believed in me, and always there for support when I need him. I really couldn’t ask for a better boss.

Cons

No cons. This is a job for those who want to work hard. The pay Off is amazing. People all around me everyday are making money. As long as you are willing to work hard - it will pay off!

Advice to Management

No advice. Keep the same environment! There are so many incentives, bonuses, fully funded work trips! It’s amazing.